Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 4,281 to 4,300 of 5,014

ValhallaOutcast

Octane wrote:

It's not a game of skill, but a game of luck; Getting lucky you don't end up with a bunch of noobs in your team. When you lose seven out of the eight matches during Splatfest, even though I got the most kills, used my special the most, which also equates to most ground covered, you know it's not your fault. I wish ranked also applied to Splatfests.

Ya I am level 7, when I am leading the team is kills we got problems

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

SuperWeird

So I just realized last night while trying to play the Splatfest online with my brother, that there's no way to play Splatfest online with friends unless you have a team of at least 4 friends together. What kind of stupid lame nonsense is that?

It's bad enough we can't play co-op Turf Wars, but now Splatfests aren't an option either. Lame.

SuperWeird

meleebrawler

@Octane Pretty sure that's what the Splatfest Power is for, grouping you with people that have similar amounts, and since you have to win a lot to increase it, it's assumed that high amounts equate to greater skill. Also keep in mind even good teams can be made to look like fools at the hands of even better teams who know how to restrict options, and getting lots of splats isn't the end all of Turf War. It's a shame this game doesn't show contributions in inking like the first game...

@SuperWeird It is a bit strange that two-man teams aren't permitted like they are in League Battle, but it was probably done to prevent opening another can of worms when calculating results. And you can't directly join up in regular battles because that would provide an unfair edge against uncoordinated randoms.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

ValhallaOutcast

anyone else getting connection errors tonight ? playing solos

Edited on by ValhallaOutcast

NinjaAceTrainer

@ValhallaOutcast Generally in Splatfests there's a lot of disconnection due to the server load. It's worse in Team Splatfest, but still crops up when playing solo.

Just your everday ninja, who may also be an ace trainer.

Octane

@meleebrawler The game ranks you at the end of each match, but I'm not entirely sure what factors play a role in that. It doesn't explicitly say it, but there's an order you're put in at the end of each match, maybe that equates to ''skill''?

Octane

Skid

Man, I wish I had more time to play this game. Just got to S+ on my lunch break, and now I have to get through all the numbers and make it to X? Yikes, time feels like sand in my fingers.

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

Haruki_NLI

The Pearl and Marina amiibo two pack is up on the Nintendo UK Store (With a date of July 31st instead of 13th)

But...I have a legitimate question.

What do these two amiibo actually do?

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

DreamyViridi

I remember some dataminer might've said what they do so just in case...

Much like the existing amiibo, they give you gear for online. To be specific, they give you their clothing.

I got that from Reddit though so grain of salt and all that...

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Pazzo-TheFool

I had the greatest Squid party after everyone but one person on each team and I were left. We had a full 5:00 mins. of Squidbagging, spinning, specials, and picture. Loved it.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Skid

How long has it been since we go a weapon update? Has it been four weeks yet? I need some new weapons to play around with!

Switch

ValhallaOutcast

question about Inkopolis Square, I know some of those people are recently played squids as I remember their names but who are the others...there is more than 8 people in there.

Also something odd happened the other day, its almost like they were not real users, they all had common names like Jeff and Adam and nobody had a "drawing sign" I restarted the Switch than went back and it was normal

Not that its super important but what happened when I was in the Square with what felt like not real people

-Green-

I hope we get the new Carbon Roller soon. I want to shark.

No blasters though pls. I'm burned out on their splash damage.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Zyrac

@ValhallaOutcast The seven people by the lobby (and three by Grizzco when it's open) are the last people you played with. Everyone else is just whoever's posted drawings recently. As for the generic Inklings with no drawings, they appear if the game isn't connected to the internet (go into the lobby to fix that).

Edited on by Zyrac

Zyrac

Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@NapalmPsalm It has been 4 weeks since the last weapons, I wonder if they'll release the next set of weapons with Wahoo World.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Skid

@Grumblevolcano Well that is a little frustrating. You are probably right, which means they might be running low on created weapons and only have enough for 4 weapons per a new map. If we weren't going to get a weapon every week I was hoping we would get 4 weapons at least once every 4 weeks.You know, so it would equal out and every lobby wouldn't be full of only one weapon.

Switch

Zyrac

Weapons are coming out at the beginning of each month. Since the update was a little before the end of April, the next set is taking a bit longer to arrive than will be normal.

Zyrac

Twitter:

Skid

@Zyrac Makes sense. I just feel like I'm crawling through a desert to get to water right now. Which is a little ironic? Because the water would turn my inkling to a mist of ink...

Switch

Maxz

Yep, the next batch of weapons will arrive on June the 1st, coinciding with the first refresh of Rank X. This system was detailed when Ver. 3.0 dropped, so there's little need for guessing. It's just a case of waiting 9 days.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic