Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 3,781 to 3,800 of 5,014

NaviAndMii

GoldenGamer88 wrote:

Speaking of which, anybody up for some Salmon Run this weekend?

You don't even have to ask - I'm always up for some Salmon Run! (although I can't guarantee that I'll be on this weekend unfortunately )

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

GoldenGamer88

@NaviAndMii Well, it‘s open this evening and tomorrow. But don‘t sweat it if you can‘t make it this period, I‘m always up for some Salmon Run. Gotta play it every period anyway.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

ThomGee

Man, I love the Undercover Brella. Even when the Splat Brella released, I said that the shield breaking off was not very useful for me, so when I found out the Undercover Brella cut that and had continuous fire I was stoked. It's also a surprisingly great splatting tool because no one knows how to deal with a Brella that is actively trying to splat you while its shield is up. I'm not a big fan of the sub, but Splashdown is very useful for it.

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

GoldenGamer88

@Dev I hope it will be. It struck me as the most interesting-looking out of all four stages. I mean, there's a dinosaur skeleton hanging above the arena, how cool is that? Wonder how many stages we'll end up getting.

Grumblevolcano

@Dev Yeah, I think it'll come shortly after the January Direct with Splatoon 2 being part of the Direct.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DreamyViridi

Y'know, I'm actually having a bit of a hard time between the Splatfest options...

Oh, right! So I don't know how many here are returning from Splatoon 1 but I was a regular there and I finally got a Switch to call my own. I don't know how to (re-)introduce myself.... so yeah....

It's good to be back.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Blue_Blur

@DreamyViridi Welcome back! Some of the others from the original aren't around much anymore... but we still have plenty of players!

Glad you got a Switch - Splatoon 2 certainly won't disappoint!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

DreamyViridi

Hey, good to see you, @Blue_Blur!

I've had the game for a bit now. Octo Valley's main story is done, at least B- in all Ranks, Level 14 so far. Again, it's good to be back. I'm just happy to retire from the first game. The amount of Damage-Up and connection shenanigans was really getting to me.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Blue_Blur

@DreamyViridi Yeah, I haven't played the first game since the sequel came out, and don't miss any of the old abilities or specials. In fact, I think the sequel is better in just about every way (except maybe for the final boss, but that's not a big deal to me anyway. ). And with all the updates, it just keeps getting better and better!

Maxz

@Blue_Blur Completely on the same page with this. I loved the original, but looking back I'm thankful for just about every change the sequel has brought.

The only real thing I can think of that I preferred from the original was the hub. It felt like an amphitheater and a gateway to the rest of the city. And the elevated section make the whole thing feel more 3 dimensional, even if it didn't add anything functionally. The new Square is cool, but basically feels like a trendy alley rather than a window to the Inkling world.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Blue_Blur

@Maxz Agreed. It feels weird saying that I don't really miss the original, as I've put over 400 hours into it, (worth it! XD) but Splatoon 2 is really that much better!

Ah yes, the plaza... I've forgotten about it, but now that you mention it, I really miss it, too. I remember everyone wanting the plaza in the sequel to be bigger and include more of the city, but unfortunately, the exact opposite happened, more or less. And still parts of it seem empty with not much to do... there are a couple cool new features, but it's definitely a letdown in comparison.

And surprisingly, I miss the upstairs floor more than anything; even though, like you said, it did absolutely nothing. So I guess the original still has a couple things going for it... but not enough to go back to it.

GoldenGamer88

I loved the original as well, though, this was before I was a regular on this site. Haven't played it as much as I have Splatoon 2, though, as my ambitions of reaching Level 50 before heading back to university that October lead to an overall frustration-filled experience and me quitting the game.

I do like almost all the improvements they made from the original, especially the Square, the revamped Specials and the QoL changes in regards to getting the abilities you want on the gear you want. I'm a bit iffy on the changes they made to Quick Respawn, which is now rendered useless, and Ninja Jump, which still shows your landing position if the opposition is far enough away like a Charger. Certainly using Super-jump way less often.

Gotta return to Splatoon 1 someday before the servers shut down. Haven't seen any stage past Hammerhead Bridge.

Maxz

Has anyone received any friend requests from within Splatoon? I've got a couple, but I'm not really sure what the benefit really is. I mean, the only contact I've had with them is as strangers through the game, and the main benefit of adding someone is that you can play with them whenever. But given that they're strangers, it wouldn't be much different from just going on Ranked and playing with strangers there...

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

GoldenGamer88

@Maxz I‘ve received plenty of friend requests and there‘s never been one I wouldn’t accept. I find it neat to play with them again, especially if you have a self-established feud with that annoying guy you just can‘t splat for the life of you to get sweet sweet revenge.

NaviAndMii

Dev wrote:

I expect Shellendorf Institute to be released in time for this Splatfest.

I must admit, with all of this new content that we've been blessed with recently, the fact that we are also due to get a new stage this month (and another - Arowana Mall - in February) had rather slipped my mind! ..just had another glance at it and it looks totally FRESH!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

...fairly likely that we'll get it in the next week too! Nice!

GoldenGamer88

After a day of zero Swim Speed Up chunks despite using three out of my four Swim Speed Up drinks and wearing two Krak-On-branded pieces of gear, Lord Iwata smiled down upon me and granted me a perfect gear of three slots filled with Swim Speed Up. Some might call me a fool for having such luck and having them scrubbed anyway but perfect gear is not what I need.

Anyway, finished up my Special Charge Up Set and Stealth Jump shoes. Next time I scrub my gear, I can finish up my Special Forces Beret. It looks so sick, I love it!

607jf

wow i just took a look at my stuff and have a few shirts that are one away from a full set.

Chao!, Nintendo, Need For Speed, Minecraft And More! 3Ds FC-4742-5514-6521.

GoldenGamer88

It‘s official: Today, I‘ve seen two Inklings with a level of over 99, at which point you get a star added to your current level and start at the very beginning (Level 1*). I don‘t even wanna know how many hours they‘ve played total.

Also, just 17 Swim Speed Up chunks and 29 Ink Recover Up chunks until I‘ve finished up my collection. Officially run out of Drink Tickets for the two so I‘ve resorted to Cash Food for now.

NaviAndMii

@GoldenGamer88 Ahhh! I was wondering how you'd be able to tell! The 'level reset' function seems to be a smart addition really, considering that Splatfest's will eventually come to an end (making levelling up the only way to earn Sea Snails) - and it's nice to have a * as a badge of honour that you can take forward too ..I only have about 43 levels to go before I get one!

I, too, am also slowly chipping away at my Chunk grind - and, rather like yourself, the Drink Tickets that I need have unfortunately dried up! ..I've managed to get myself some reasonably fresh looking Gear to grind Ink Recovery with (with mains still tailored to my play style) so those Chunks should still roll in relatively quickly - but I have some pretty sweet looking clothing items that still need a slot or two added to them, so now seems as good a time as any to eat some Meals and shift my attention to levelling up instead (for them precious Snails!) ..so it's all good!

Really looking forward to the Splatfest! I accidentally missed the last one (got my weekends mixed up - doh!) so can't wait to take part this time around!

GoldenGamer88

@NaviAndMii Honestly, I‘m kinda bummed out they raised the level cap this high. No matter the game, I always need a goal to strife for. Yet with me at Level 61 out of the possible Level 99*, the meaning of leveling up has lost most of its appeal as it‘ll take a good while until reaching that level. I know this is intentional but playing games for the fun alone just isn‘t particularly interesting to me. That‘s why I play Overwatch only in short bursts and not for days on end like Splatoon 2.

Honestly, I‘ve gotten more chunks without drinks than I got with them. I think by the time we‘ll get the results, the rerolls I‘ll earn from super sea snails are all I need to finish up my collection, so that‘s already reason enough to look forward to this weekend.

With it being global, we seriously need to get a team together. I for one am fighting for Team Action.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic