Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 3,781 to 3,800 of 4,770

-Green-

Happy Holidays vs Merry Christmas! Lets get risque Ninty!!

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Maxz

Boxer Shorts Vs. Y-Fronts. Let's get really risqué, Nintendo!

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

GoldenGamer88

Not too happy it got Tenta Missiles but I guess it‘s meant to replace its special from Splatoon 1. Back then, 89 was by far my favorite weapon. Auto-bombs, though, yay!

Ah yes, tomorrow‘s the Splatfest! Meant to play Splatoon again but I‘m just too busy with Xenoblade and now Zelda.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

ThomGee

I got so excited for the Squeezer to release today, as all of the weapons revealed in the update trailer seemed to be coming out one at a time, but I guess not. Pretty disappointed about that, though the N-Zap '89 was my favorite weapon in Splatoon 1 so I'll probably like it.

I, for one, welcome our new Nintendo overlords.

My Nintendo: Strix | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

Zyrac

Clam Blitz is coming on the 12th, and English patch notes for the accompanying update are already out. Not many weapon changes, but the Splat Brella is getting a bit of a nerf, and some stages are being tweaked. Hopefully Tower Control on Humpback will be less painful now.

Available for online play around 7-10PM UK time most weekdays, whenever on weekends.
Pullblox levels | Fallblox levels | Ful...

Switch Friend Code: SW-6987-6502-7004 | 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: Zyrac23 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@Zyrac This is a rather strong December so far:
December 1st - Xenoblade Chronicles 2
December 8th - Breath of the Wild Champions Ballad DLC
December 12th - Clam Blitz added to Splatoon 2 with a stage likely coming a few days later
December 21st - Fire Emblem Warriors Fates DLC

On another note, NA Splatfest is confirmed. Sweater vs. Socks

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Skid

Random thought people. I just realized when the new ranked mode comes out we might have a flux of ink brush users with lots of ink saver main to collect as many as the clams as fast as possible. I'm sure the meta will change fairly quickly, but right now I would be surprised if that happened.

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413
Splatoon Ranks: SZ: S+0 | TC: S+0 | RM: S+1 | CB: A+

Blur_Escalation

I don't care much about Splatfest themes. But what I care about are the colour combinations. We in Europe get purple vs blue.. This combination was really common for me when playing against my own team... I was really hoping for a red/pink vs green Splatfest =/

Blur_Escalation

jump

Santa vs Jesus!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Blur_Escalation

Got to Film King and got +7 positve wins for our team. Could have been better. My team was a little brain dead some times. Seriously, I can't go 1v4 all the time. 😂

By the way. Did anyone notice that Japan got the colours 'orange and gray'? Europe got the most boring colour of all Splatfests. :<

Edit: The new Shifty Station is awesome. Love the middle rotating painting thing. ^^

Edited on by Blur_Escalation

Blur_Escalation

GoldenGamer88

Jesus, it‘s even worse than Ketchup versus Mayonnaise! On my entire way to Film Queen, I‘ve only faced Team Book five or six times, and I have played more than just the minimum requirement, too!

This Shifty Station is great, though, more coordinated pushes seem to do the trick as the ink in the centre is constantly redone. Lost quite a bunch in the beginning because I‘d stay at the centre instead of doing pushes. I seriously hope they add something similar to that rotating centre in regular stages.

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

Zyrac

My go-to tactic for this Shifty Station has been to go through the centre and to the right, and try to control the little corner are there. It's a fairly easy spot to attack, and holding it lets you back-attack enemies if they try to advance. Also, the spreaders in the centre stop moving with about 15 seconds left on the clock, so that's your chance to claim the whole thing.

I had one Book vs Book match, which made me think maybe this was even, but I guess not. Isn't surprising if movies are winning on popularity, of course.

Available for online play around 7-10PM UK time most weekdays, whenever on weekends.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6987-6502-7004 | 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: Zyrac23 | Twitter:

GoldenGamer88

And Team Film has triumphed over Team Book 2-1 with wins in both popularity (think it was something 76 to 24?) and team battles.

Pazzo-ZaFool

Clam Blitz tomorrow and this fourm isn't talking about it? Pep up, my dudes!

I'm wondering how I'll use the Splat Charger for CB. Maybe as a Goalie, but I can't see myself using it to rush the goal.

Save that job for the Inkbrush.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Blur_Escalation

When does the update go live? 3/2AM like usual?
Speaking of Clam Blitz. We have to see if brushes really have an advantage. If there's a goalkeeper with a middle-long range weapon they probably will have a hard time. Depening on the map of course.
Ink Mines will help a lot. Placing them at entrance points to the goal.
I personally wouldn't rely on Chargers as Goalkeeper. If Brushes are on their way, you would really need a competent player.

Blur_Escalation

meleebrawler

@Caldorosso-E Maybe not as a goalie, but perhaps a charger could watch over known clam spawn points to both deny them to the enemy and cover teammates moving to grab them. A Splatling would probably be better suited as a goalie, particularly the Heavy Deco.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Skid

@Caldorosso-E @meleebrawler Yeah, I think chargers should probably be mids so they have a little more room to move around. That way you can turn around to protect the goal and pic off anybody trying to stop your forward. I can see squiffers being great goal keepers though.

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413
Splatoon Ranks: SZ: S+0 | TC: S+0 | RM: S+1 | CB: A+

Zyrac

@meleebrawler Playing goalie with the Heavy Splatling Deco is exactly the strategy I was thinking of going for myself.

Here's an official Tumblr post that explains the mode a bit more and includes a demonstration video. The real shocker here is that the L button actually does something.

Maxz

Are positions such as 'goalkeeper' actually assigned, or are people just expected to assume them and play to that particular role?

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic