Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 3,761 to 3,780 of 4,615

AlternateButtons

@-Green- Because everything is so expensive. I can't upgrade my gun, I don't have enough eggs and I feel like I have to grind to get to where I want to be. I'm in area FOUR now and I STILL don't have enough. You're telling me I can upgrade it really easily? Why do I doubt that?

Want an awesome Let's Play show to watch when you're bored? Check out my new show, Alternate Buttons where we play games for your viewing pleasure! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG0IbzMJDa9hZJFTGOB8Vug/feed

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

Maxz

@AlternateButtons You can upgrade it relatively easily through normal, non repetetive gameplay if you make a habit of collecting the eggs thoroughly as you play through the levels. This can involve taking a bit more time to uncover each level and look for its secrets rather than just blasting from start to finish.

And if you don't want to bother with actually looking around the levels, and subsequently don't end up with as many eggs, then the only compromise is a less upgraded shooter, and a correspondingly more difficult game. Which is fine. It's not like the campaign is ever Dark Souls material even with the most basic shooter.

The upgrade system is a nice distraction, and a means of rewarding exploration and egg collecting. But it's hardly an indispensable part of the single-player campaign.

The whole idea that this is a big deal seems like an Ink Storm is a teacup to me. I never found the egg requirements extortionate, and as a completely ignorable side-mechanic, it never struck me as anything that could impede my progress through the game either.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly

-Green-

@AlternateButtons Hmm. I was talking about the Single Player Difficulty. Not the difficulty regarding upgrading things.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

AlternateButtons

@Maxz I collect as many as I can throughout each level. I dunno, I just can't seem to find enough. It feels like the game is very stingy with rewarding the player with eggs. And THEN there's the machine parts which honestly shouldn't even be in the game. If I want to explore, and find collectibles, I'll explore and find collectibles. But I shouldn't HAVE to go out of my way to find another thing just to upgrade weapons. You didn't need them in the first game, so why here?

Want an awesome Let's Play show to watch when you're bored? Check out my new show, Alternate Buttons where we play games for your viewing pleasure! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG0IbzMJDa9hZJFTGOB8Vug/feed

meleebrawler

@AlternateButtons So that you can't just replay the easiest levels over and over from the onset to upgrade everything fully and then snap the rest of the game in half.

Edited on by meleebrawler

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

GoldenGamer88

@AlternateButtons Never've had a problem with upgrading weapons either. I did make sure to splat every Octoling, smash every box and collect as many eggs as I could find while looking for the Sardinium and Scroll, but that's just the collector in me. Now granted, I only ever increased the Hero Shot's fire rate and the other two upgrades. Didn't bother with the other bombs and had no idea you could even upgrade the other weapons.

Why not replay earlier levels with the other weapons you've unlocked thus far since you may wanna unlock every weapon in the game someday?

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

AlternateButtons

@meleebrawler What that a problem in the original? I feel like trying to patch that would be pointless, it's not like it would affect multiplayer in anyway.

@GoldenGamer88 I feel like I do that though. I even sometimes go out of my way to find egg cans and shoot every balloon there is.

Because that just feels repetitive to me. It's something I never had to do in the original. I don't mind going back in the post game, but during the campaign where I just want to beat the story? That breaks the flow for me.

EmberTune

@AlternateButtons It costs 2 sardinium and 800 eggs to upgrade the main weapon to lvl 2. If you are in sector four, I'm not trying to sound rude, and you don't have enough eggs to upgrade then you are doing something "wrong". I had enough to do the upgrade to lvl 2 by the second lair in sector two and I rushed a few lairs. It sounds to me like you either aren't collecting eggs like you think you are or you used them getting the subs(EDIT: Or the ink tank which costs 1000 eggs for the first upgrade) first.

Edited on by EmberTune

Switch
Username: EmberTune
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413
Splatoon Ranks: SZ: S+0 | TC: S | RM: S | CB: A-

AlternateButtons

@NapalmPsalm Update: I collected just enough to get the upgraded gun. But now I'm back down to almost zero. How the heck are you supposed to collect eggs in this game? I DO shoot every enemy, I DO go out of my way to get bonus cans. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong at the very least? Because this shouldn't be rocket science.

EmberTune

@AlternateButtons Honestly, I don't know. I would have to watch how you play the game to see what is going on. Did you unlock the subs, or upgrade the ink tank, prior to upgrading the weapon?

Switch

AlternateButtons

@NapalmPsalm I upgraded the bombs once back in sector one. the Ink Tank back in sector 2. Did a loooong climb to get enough for the gun upgrade. That's about it. I want to upgrade the Duelies since they're a main weapon of mine as well as keep the main gun upgraded. The fire rate of the main gun is PITIFUL which is why I'm complaining so much.

EmberTune

@AlternateButtons Buying the subs and the ink tank upgrade makes sense as to why things seem expensive then, imo. I got the lvl 3 gun upgrade before anything else. Then the tank. Then the curling bomb to make going through already beaten levels faster. The other weapons will be slightly more expensive. My only tip would be to go through and beat the past levels with the duelies, especially if you want to unlock them for online, in order to get more eggs. I live in the ink when I play, so the tank wasn't an urgent upgrade for me.

Switch

AlternateButtons

@NapalmPsalm Ahhh okay. So I upgraded in the wrong order. Got it. Thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to follow through on this,

ThomGee

According to the Splatoon 2 Japanese Twitter, the Glooga Dualies are releasing tonight with the what I think is the Ink Mine (called trap in Google Translate) and Ink Jet (jet pack in Google Translate), which means I fully expect the new weapon type (I think it's called the Squeezer) to release next week.

Edited on by ThomGee

I, for one, welcome our new Nintendo overlords.

Switch FC: SW-7745-4331-2226

My Nintendo: Strix | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

EmberTune

@Strix I believe you are a correct. Isn't that the order they showed the guns? But things usually don't go as they seem when it comes to this game.

Finally the glooga, AKA gal, duelies are coming. I love ink mines in TW and SZ. I need some practice with the ink jet though. I suck with that thing.

Switch

GoldenGamer88

Film versus Book? Hmm ... being the animation geek I am, my team should be clear. Plus, I just find it easier to finish a film than a book as reading a hundreds of pages long book is rather time-consuming. In some cases, though, I prefer the OG book to the adaption.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

JasmineDragon

Team Book! Team Book! Team Book!!! The book is always better!! Aaaaalways!!

Oh, wait, I'm in America. Oh well. (Slinks away to read a book).

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Current location: Skyrim

Scrummer

I think the book is better than the movie in most cases (I can only think of one instance where I preferred the movie over the book), but I would rather sit down with my family to watch a good movie than sit down by myself reading a book for a few hours. Not saying I don't enjoy reading, or that books are bad, just that I prefer film.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Scrummer

Also let's get a CHRISTMAS VS HANUKKAH SHOWDOWN IN AMERICA (jk, in case that wasn't obvious)

Edited on by Scrummer

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic