Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 3,761 to 3,780 of 5,014

Zyrac

@gcunit Matchmaking is ping-based and will tend to match you with people closer to you, but contrary to what some people say it is not actually region-locked. I do see Japanese players sometimes. There is no changing anything about the map, I'm afraid.

Edited on by Zyrac

Zyrac

Twitter:

gcunit

@Zyrac Thank you for the prompt answers.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

MarcelRguez

Zyrac wrote:

@gcunit Matchmaking is ping-based and will tend to match you with people closer to you, but contrary to what some people say it is not actually region-locked. I do see Japanese players sometimes.

Can confirm. Most of my matches are against French players, but I still get the odd Japanese player at times.

Maybe they're just otakus, who knows.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Maxz

I can triple confirm on the matchmaking thing. I think about 1 in every 100 players I'm matched against are Japanese, which is a big change from the original where it was over 1 in 2. Some are definitely just Western players who've dug into the keyboard settings and written (and occasionally misspelt) their names in Japanese script, but it's definitely not Western players exclusively.

So yeah, it's a big change, but there are still no explicit hard borders.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

GoldenGamer88

You know, after 'wasting' three and a half Ink Recovery Melon drinks on trying to get chunks, I decided to go and just put on the gear I want the ability on and voila, works great. But tonight I realized - why put on a single piece of gear at a time and not, you know, the entire set? I guess my mom‘s right, I am not much a problem solver. I often think too complicated for my own good, lol. Well, having Murch scrub a piece of gear after two matches was kind of a money waste, even for somebody so close to 3 million.

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

NaviAndMii

@GoldenGamer88 I'm on an 'Ink Recovery' grind at the moment too!

I'm currently working on a set for the Enperry Splat Dualies - my new 'go to' weapon - with full Ink Saver Sub headgear (to spam Curling Bombs), Ninja Squid (for the surprise element), 6x Ink Recovery sub abilities (to replenish ink super fast) and interchangeable shoes (each with a different main, to suit different scenarios) ..seems to be a nice idea in principle - but I'm gonna need a lot of Ink Recovery to pull it off! (6x Ink Recovery just for the 'main' set - and a further 3x for each different pair of shoes!)

Untitled
They haven't added the latest gear items to loadout.ink yet, but I'm aiming to have something similar to the above with different shoes I can swap between...one day!

A part of me kind of wishes that the grind wasn't quite so difficult - it'd be nice, for example, if you could re-roll Drink Tickets (or trade them?) to ensure that you've always got a healthy stock of the one(s) you want - but, on the other hand, it really does add to the replayability of the game! ..building a set of gear is quite simple on the surface, but it's also beautifully complex - and getting (or even just thinking of) a 'perfect' outfit can be quite a task on its own - let alone trying to get the Chunks you need in the most efficient (and fun) way possible!

I'm hoping that it won't be too long until the next Splatfest - gonna need quite a lot of Sea Snails! (..and I'll try my best not to waste half of them this time! )

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

GoldenGamer88

@NaviAndMii Man, if I was to make a different set for every weapon I like to play, I‘d be playing this game well into 2020 on a daily basis, lol.

All of my Sets have the same basic sub abilities: Ink Saver (Main), Ink Recovery Up and Swim Speed Up. All that ever changes are the main abilities. In my book, a Set is a gear set of the same Main Ability on all three pieces, like my Ink Saver Main Set for example (as seen in my tweet below). So with my Ink Saver Main Set, Ink Recovery Set and Swim Speed Set all done, I aimed for a bit of a hefty goal - do the same with all the other Abilities. But when I went through and picked my favorite gear for the job (what are all the abilities in the world when I don‘t look fresh, amirite?) and thought to myself 'Boy, some of those are real useless and too situational.' So my goal has already been narrowed down. And now with all my Ink Recover drinks gone and the Ink Saver drinks already down to 5 out of the original 9, I decided to write down how many chunks and sea snails I‘d need. The results were shocking: 60 Ink Saver Mains, 110 Ink Recovery Up and 150 Swim Speed Up and 15 Snails to top it all off. So I decided to narrow it down further and as I‘m writing this, I‘m playing with the thought of ditching Sets entirely and focus on the pieces I really like first. For now, I still have 18 matches of Ink Saver Main drink to go through before doing anything else. Maybe I‘ll go for some Cash Food (I did burn through 1 million in a few days so I may need it, lol), maybe some Swim Speed Drinks, we‘ll see.

I really wished they‘d introduce some sort of Chunks Trade Station. I‘m having a literal goldmine of everything but the three abilities I need chunks for and have no idea what to do with them but make perfect gear.

The next Splatfest definitely can‘t come soon enough. At least, after all the cutting I now only need 6 or so Snails to increase the number of slots. The rest can all be spent on re-rolls, yay!

Blue_Blur

@NaviAndMii Looks like a good setup! My setup also uses Ink Recovery to both help replenish ink quick and spam Suction Bombs, since I didn't have enough room in my set to fit any sub saver. You can never go wrong with more Ink Recovery!

Totally agree that building a complete gear set is incredibly complex. I finished mine about a week ago, and that's just because I decided I didn't need three 'perfect' outfits with three of the same sub ability for each. Otherwise I would still be grinding for chunks, too! I managed to save a little time by getting lucky with an Ink Recovery Drink Ticket, but for the most part, making this set was still a painful grind.

So my gear set may not look 'perfect', or even 'complete', to someone who sees my gear stats, but I'm fine with that. At least yours will look officially perfect and complete when it's done! Best of luck getting the perfect gear!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

NaviAndMii

@GoldenGamer88 Haha! Yeah, I totally agree - freshness should always be the top priority! (..and, may I say, your Ink Recovery set looks SUPERFRESH! ) ..it was only really because they added a whole load of fresh new gear that I decided to build the set I'm going for to be honest - there's a much better selection of Ninja Squid clothing now and some fresh looking combinations to match - which inspired me to undergo 'grind 3.0'

I'm mainly focusing on just the 'base set' to begin with - which'll most likely be the Paisley Bandanna, the Black Polo/White Anchor Tee and whichever set of shoes I (luckily) manage to roll 2x Ink Recovery on first (to halve the grind!) ..then I'll hopefully add a few more sets of shoes to give me a few different options going forward ..can't even begin to imagine how long it'll take me to achieve!!

@Blue_Blur Haha! Yeah, I could've perhaps saved myself quite a lot of time by spreading the abilities out a bit - in the beginning, I just wanted to build something around Ninja Squid, then I kept changing my mind as to what weapon I wanted to build it for, then what abilities I'd need and where I'd need them - then I thought I'd try and factor in a few 'interchangeable' clothing options too (longer term) ..and it was all getting a bit confusing, so I decided to go for the 'cleaner' (and longer!) approach just to simplify one aspect of the process in my mind!

The gear building process just has layers upon layers of complexity - for something that looks so simple on the surface, there's so much to consider! ..you obviously can't have everything, so sacrifices have to be made - then you might randomly roll a couple of subs that improve your game in unexpected ways, which can often take you right back to the drawing board - just settling on a set to target takes time, then you've got a whole lot of grinding ahead of you just to achieve it! (..and then you might choose to start the whole process all over again working towards an alternative set! )

It's great!

EDIT: ..oh, and - yeah, spamming suction bombs can be super handy! You can always set a little trap for someone to walk in to, or reach someone on a high up ledge (something my outfit lacks) - there are so many great options in the game! ..and they're all impeccably well balanced too!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

GoldenGamer88

NaviAndMii wrote:

..it was only really because they added a whole load of fresh new gear that I decided to build the set I'm going for to be honest - there's a much better selection of Ninja Squid clothing now and some fresh looking combinations to match - which inspired me to undergo 'grind 3.0'

That is definitely true but nothing will replace the first gear piece I ever finished (well, yeah, believed ]to have finished) in my young Inkling‘s heart - the Zekko Hoodie! I haven‘t used it in a long time, though, as my original plan was to be as speedy as possible. Then I favored the extra-large Ink Tank as seen in my tweet. Maybe I‘ll take it out again once I‘m done with/ or on break from all the chunks farmingi, who knows?

607jf

Really need to play salmon run more to get dem drink tickets. XD

Chao!, Nintendo, Need For Speed, Minecraft And More! 3Ds FC-4742-5514-6521.

GoldenGamer88

Speaking of which, anybody up for some Salmon Run this weekend?

GoldenGamer88

Inkjet, no thanks! Ever since its nerf way back, I get splatted every single time I pop that thing. Not like I was ever any good with it beforehand but the nerf secured its position as the never-ever-use Special.

MarcelRguez

@GoldenGamer88 It's a godsend to nuke people from afar in round stages like Kelp Dome though. Suits the weapon just fine if you ask me.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

607jf

Just got the nyko kickstand and ordered RL CE. I like the kickstand but unlike Nintendo's updates offers no improved stability.

Also the new nozzle nose might be my new main.

Chao!, Nintendo, Need For Speed, Minecraft And More! 3Ds FC-4742-5514-6521.

shani

Just launched Splatoon because of the Nozzlenose and saw that there's a new Splatfest coming!
So, which side are you guys choosing? I'm a bit torn between action and comedy (and also think it's suboptimal that the theme is completely ignoring all the other genres), but I think I'll side with Marina for a change.
That said, the timing couldn't be worse. I've got visitors for my birthday party that weekend and probably won't be able to play at all...

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

GoldenGamer88

Considering I barely watch any movies or tv shows (how long is this movie 2 hours 20 minutes!? Nah, I'd rather play some games), my interest do rather lay in action flicks. Plus, the only comedy that gets me laughing is hard R physical humor. Telling jokes to me is like 'Har, har, you told a joke! Now go away.' So Team Action it is!

Edit: Also I could use you guys‘s help: Does anyone have a Tentatek-branded gear with Ink Saver (Sub) as its main ability, preferably with three stars? The reason I‘m asking for Tentatek is because its likely ability is Ink Recovery Up, the only ability I no longer have drink tickets for, thus making it a tad easier to get my three abilities (Ink Recovery Up, Ink Saver Main and Swim Speed Up) onto that gear. Any help is appreciated.

GoldenGamer88

Oh, it's global this time? Maybe we can get a team together this time, would be fun!

ThomGee

I was pretty stuck between Team Action and Team Comedy, but I chose Action in the end. I actually like action-comedies the most, like Marvel movies, but whatever.

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

PuppyToucher

Team comedy all the way! Y'all may laugh but rom-com is definitely my favorite movie genre.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-0626-8454-8990

My Nintendo: AgentQ723 | Nintendo Network ID: AgentQ723

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic