Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 3,801 to 3,820 of 5,014

Pazzo-TheFool

Rocking those B&W Arrow shoes right now. Pure. Bomb. Defense.

Never leave home without it. You have no idea how many close call TentaMissles, Splatbombs, and Burst bombs you die to.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Gilgamesh

Here is my Splatoon 2 collection enjoy
Untitled
Untitled

Gilgamesh

Pazzo-TheFool

Nice loot! I still need to find the Squid Sisters amiibo.

~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

GoldenGamer88

So I was away for a hot hour to gather the final Swim Speed Up chunks and Nintendo decided to release the Direct in that very hour. Thanks a lot for that. Anyway, after giving me a whole zero of them yesterday to the point that I went Ink Recovery chunks farming out of frustration, Lord Iwata once again smiled down upon me and not only gave us the Nintendo Direct Mini but also showered me with Swim Speed chunks in the matter of two hours.

Now, my Run Speed Set as well as my Sub Power Up shoes (that‘ll probably be part of a Set later down the line) are finished, leaving only 20 Ink Recovery chunks to be collected. I know I mentioned I needed less than that a few days ago but that stupid Comeback cap was on a different page and I forgot to count it. I‘m positive that I‘ll be able to collect enough during this weekend‘s Splatfest, either through leveling up my gear or rerolling.

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Pazzo-TheFool

Shellendorf looks really nice. I like the glass top, long range weapons will rule up there.

~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

retropunky

Who’s ready for Splatfest!!

Been trying to grind those ability chunks but seems to take awhile.

And finally got S rank on Splatzones. Though I still need to try Clam Blitz...

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

GoldenGamer88

@retropunky Ugh, tell me about it. This Splatfest‘s matches and Sea Snails rerolling should be enough to finish off my collection, though. Can‘t wait to wear the right combinations of abilities again after such a long grind.

Also I‘mma just leave y‘all with this:

PS: Tried to shoot the skeleton in Shellendorf. You can shoot it but it won‘t register a hit, let alone move around or be inked. #MissedOpportunities

GoldenGamer88

So? Anybody from Team Action care to join me in some Team Matches this Splatfest?

Kimyonaakuma

Looking forward to my first Splatoon 2 Splatfest! I remember loving the atmosphere and music from the first game and some off Off the Hook's songs might be even better!

I tried to grind for ability chunks last night but I was on a constant losing streak which was weird and frustrating for me. I was consistently on 3 person team with the same people for 2 hours, so I'm hoping for it to be better today.

Kimyonaakuma

Zyrac

This week's weapon is the Dapple Dualies Nouveau, featuring Toxic Mist and Ink Storm. I'm a bit disappointed this set doesn't have bombs of some kind. Toxic Mist on a short-range weapon seems dubious to me.

Zyrac

Twitter:

Alstil

Woo hoo! Just bought this game, and never got around to playing the first on the Wii U either. Looking forward to booting this one up tonight!

Alstil

BigKing

Am I the only one who thinks Splatoon 2 is worse than 1? It feels less fresh, more generic and shallow. Less hardcore, easier to level/rank up. Less strategy. In the first one you had more high rish/high reward options. Live entering the base of the other team. Here all action takes place in the center of the maps. And the maps are smaller and less interesting. Where are Piranha Pit, Flounder High and Museum D'Alfonsino are way more memorable than anything in 2.

BigKing

GoldenGamer88

@BigKing I'd say they feel pretty similar. You can still storm the enemy's base and avoid the chaotic centre on stages like Humpback or the Santa Maria. Now, I do agree that they've taken less risks in designing stages in the second. They also seem to give each team more safe zone (the area around the spawn the enemy can only reach through bombs but not by foot), which to me is very welcome at times of domination. I don't really get your point in regards to less strategy considering you have the same weapons, same amount of players on the field and same objective. Truth be told, I find Splatoon 2 more strategic due to the complete overhaul of Specials, which are now less powerful but quite handy in the right situations. I have welcomed the changes they made to the levelling system and the introduction of ability chunks as both, though particularly the second, made Inkling life a lot easier.

But hey, Splatoon 2's automatically better by the simple fact it's not on the worst console ever. Feel free to claim all of my above statements biased.

Also no stage will ever be as good as Saltspray Rig. Unpopular opinions ahoy!

Kimyonaakuma

@BigKing I don't think that it's worse but it's certainly different. The sequel has definitely had some design changes which seem to push players closer together (at least in my opinion).
The stages are flatter and more compact compared to the original and the new special weapons always keep people moving around the stage. By making these changes and adding the Dualies and Brellas there seems to be more of a focus on putting players together in each match. This seems different because the original had large stages where you wouldn't see another person for a while such as Camp Triggerfish.

But anyway back to the point! The original was a fun, messy online shooter but the game was really unbalanced and updates only made it worse to an extent. The Dynamo roller and Kraken really broke things for me when playing online. Splatoon 2 has refined and balanced things really well but that came at the cost of some of the fun, 'organic" moments such as the completely over the top specials and huge stages, which made some great online moments.

I can appreciate the refinement that Splatoon 2 has brought and it's a lot more balanced, but the original had a little more crazy, chaotic online moments compared to the sequel.

I agree Flounder Heights, Piranha Pit and other stages like that where the best in the original, because they had more complex designs and gimmicks. However they were added further down the line when the average player had time to become better and therefore more suited to those stages. I'm sure if we wait for a month or two we'll see those kinds of stages return, Nintendo will just be waiting for those who started with 2 to become better.

Kimyonaakuma

Jaybee23

Recently purchased Splatoon 2, looks awesome. Fancy a game add away 👍🏼

SW-3598-5471-8793

Edited on by Jaybee23

Instagram: JayBeeGaming
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCRsyu6UJqX9gwfwXaAdC-g

Nintendo Network ID: SW-3598-5471-8793

Maxz

I'd argue Spla2oon's use of sponges and inklines should be considered when talking about stage design. Port Mackerel and Moray Towers are both massively improved by their presence. The original had plenty of vanilla stages too (which is why I found it hard to get too excited about the return of Walleye Warehouse). Wouldn't say no to Flounder Heights and D'Alphonso making a return though. I really dig those stages.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

retropunky

I’d say it’s about the same. Though this time, I’m going to try and grind chunks and get some custom gear.

But now, just a few hours till it begins! Really excited to go all the way this time. I’ve never been able to play as much during Splatfests.

Team Comedy!

Edited on by retropunky

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

GoldenGamer88

I remember not being too much of a fan of Flounder Heights due to its steep verticality. Chargers (whom I found near impossible to fight in S1 but find most of them a bit of a pushover in S2) seemed to have too much of an advantage. But then again, the stages in S1 seemed to have real sniping spots while S2 doesn't (though I do believe that is more due to the smaller and more crammed up nature of S2 stages like @Kimyonaakuma mentioned).

Someday I'll just have to return to Splatoon 1 and if it's just to check out what's so great about Piranha Pit and that Museum as both released after my fallout with the game.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic