Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 2,981 to 3,000 of 5,014

yokokazuo

Would anyone be up for a few league matches?

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

GoldenGamer88

Ugh, I just can't work with these long ranged weapons. Chargers, Splatlings, Sloshers that aren't the Trislosher, Squelchers - and now RBP. I don't know what it is. I've played five TWs with it, lost all of them. The other ones trying it out scored like 9 Splats and I just 3. And Toxic Mist ain't helping either. Thanks, but I'll stick to my more short-ranged weapons.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Skid

@GoldenGamer88 yeah, switching between short range and long range weapons can be frustrating. I've spent a week only play the eliter and I finally am getting used to it. The spatial awareness is definitely different with blasters since the sweet spot is at the end of the shot or with a direct hit. At least other weapons have spread, it's weird trying to switch between short range spread weapons to charges and blasters. I feel like it's easier to switch types the other way around though.

My advice with ranged weapons (for what it's worth) is to stay patient and calm. Let them chase you, not the other way around. More than likely the person doing the chasing will find themselves outnumbered if they don't pay attention.

Oh, and I hate blasters in TW war, they are not made for that mode. I do worse with blasters than any other weapon type in TW, even more than chargers. They are much better in ranked, even more so in TC.

TL;DR I feel ya. Blasters are weird.

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

ThomGee

Yeah, the RBP is essentially unchanged from Splatoon 1. The problem with this is that the RB has gotten better in Spla2n, so the RBP pales in comparison. The range increase is barely helpful, and the blast radius increase is almost nonexistent. The sub and special are great, but the main weapon isn't in comparison to its vanilla brother.

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

-Green-

Interesting video regarding the recent tournament. I had heard the later parts of the tournament used version 1.2 instead of 1.3, and this just explains it a bit better.

Pretty stupid that they used 1.20 for it, especially considering they didn't even inform the players until they were already there.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Skid

Nothing is better than winning a 0:34 second match. It is even better when you are the rainmaker carrier and throwing out that booyah as you slam it down.

Proof:
Untitled

I was running swim speed, run speed, and object shredder as my mains. My team wiped the other team while I broke open the rainmaker and I got to do the rest from there. What was some of you guys fastest matches?

Switch

Zyrac

@NapalmPsalm I can't show the time because I'm a smartphone-less Luddite, but this happened a couple days ago:
Untitled
I don't even know.

Zyrac

Twitter:

Skid

@Zyrac Hahaha! That is even better than mine because 1) S+ class and 2) no one on your team got a splat and you still won! I assume this had to be rainmaker right?

I just saw an identical picture to this one posted on reddit /r Splatoon.

Switch

Zyrac

@NapalmPsalm Yeah, you're not cheesing any other mode like this. I don't think I even really left our base the whole match (partly because someone came up behind me while I was trying to snipe). Didn't realise what was going on at all. I wonder if one of the opponents disconnected or if they just got legitimately caught off-guard.

Y'know, I remember Kelp Dome seemed like a crazy short Rainmaker map in the first game, but by this game's standards it's pretty normal.

Zyrac

Twitter:

meleebrawler

The fact that this game's Rainmaker weapon is much better at making a path for itself than the first version also helps.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Skid

@Zyrac Yeah, if I would think before posting I would have known it is RM.
The other two modes are so protect based compared to RM being attack based there would be that much of a discrepancy in time for quick wins.

Yeah, the first game's kelp dome seemed to go either super quickly or it would go into overtime. There was never an in between for that map.

@meleebrawler Also this.

Edited on by Skid

Switch

-Green-

I hope they do something special for October. Splatoon 1 received a major update 3 months in, I'm hopeful they'll do something similar for Splat2

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

shani

@NapalmPsalm Since when can you see your assists and deaths in Ranked? Is this a new addition?
The Squelchers always had a different aim-behavior, you just have to 'hold' them differently.
@Zyrac Oh yeah, maybe I should try out toxic mist again. Never though of using them for spacing.
@Hieronymus-E Welcome!
@BLP_Software Glad to see you're backn
@GoldenGamer88 As someone who switched from shortranged weapons like the Aerospray to long-ranged shooters like the Jet Squelcher in Splatoon 1, I know what you're talking about.
It's basically a completely different game, you have to change your playstyle dramatically. Your map awareness increases, you responsibilities change. I was used to chaging head-on into enemies and had to get rid of that habbit. You just die 8/10 times if you do that with a long-ranger.
You have to focus on support, on inking the map for others, holding off chargers and outranging other enemies.
It takes a lot of getting used to, but it's definitely worth it. It enriches your gaming experience. It also enables you to play both roles.

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Pazzo-TheFool

Dev wrote:

Our first look at the Salmonid band Omega Three.

The pun skill in this game is on point.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

GoldenGamer88

@shani The thing with me and longer ranged weapons, especially Chargers, is that I feel rather exposed with them. I am the first to admit that my aim isn't the best, even if you gave me a computer mouse, it isn't. So when I miss a shot and get splatted as a result or because I was snuck up on, I keep thinking I could've splatted that guy if I had a Splattershot or Hero Shot. It's also a thing of not feeling as useful to my team with a Charger. I don't get as many Splats and don't cover as much turf as my teammates or as myself with a different kind of weapon would. I think it's the constant thought of 'I could've done better with a different weapon' and the desire to prove that to the other Inklings but also myself.

At the end, learning to work with a Charger is something I've been meaning to do since the first Splatoon. Once my second gear set is finished (about halfway complete), I think I'll swallow my pride and work on my sniping skills.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Pazzo-TheFool

@GoldenGamer88
Remember you can hold charges on non-scoped chargers. You can charge, swim, then pop out from behind cover to take a shot.

I'd also advise turning uo your sensitivity. That'll help you "snap" to players; charge aiming away, then quickly aiming at them and firing.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Zyrac

It's certainly not easy to succeed with a charger in Turf War. I've seen players who were really good snipers, but played much too passively - they would stay perched somewhere on their side of the stage, so you could just avoid them and take over everything outside their range. It's not like ranked matches where you can just blast anyone who gets close to the objective. You have to be more proactive, or at least set up shop in the middle of the stage (although that can leave you pretty vulnerable).

Zyrac

Twitter:

Skid

@shani Unfortunately you can't see assists in game. You have to go on SplatNet2 and look at your past games individually. It shows your splats and then how many were assists, so if you see 10(6) that means you were credited with 10 splats in that match and of those 10, 6 of them are assists where you put damage on someone and another person got the actual splat(comma splicing for the win). That is why sets with inkstorm and/or ink mines can INKrease(sorry) your splat totals more than normal.

@Hieronymus-E @GoldenGamer88 I'd maybe not increase your sensitivity right away when you first start using a charger. Also, to be able to snap your shots you should probably start out "swiping" your shots. What I mean is, instead of getting a full charge and then snapping to the enemy try starting the charge and before its fully charged start moving it toward your target so it is fully charged by time you get your sights on the enemy. Yes this way will alert the more alert squid, but it will give you a feel on how far away to aim and how much you actually need to move your wrists and then put it in your muscle memory for snapping. I find also it is easier to stay calm at first by swiping instead of snapping.
Personally I'm still in the middle of swiping and snapping, so I'm constantly changing between the two in any given match.

Edited on by Skid

Switch

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic