Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 2,961 to 2,980 of 4,530

GoldenGamer88

@NapalmPsalm I read and understood it as Kelp Dome and Tenta Brella this week and Snapper Canal sometime later. I'd love to be proven wrong, though. We'll see.

@Hawkstream My best guess would be the first weekend of October as the other two Splatfests also happened during the first weekend of August and September. No guarantees, though.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Missile

Anyone up for a game?

Missile
Switch friend code : SW-0881-5546-8403

NapalmPsalm

@shani Setting up my gold hi-horses to have this as the subs and the normal main. I can't stand it when I step in one little drip and end up getting splatted by a charger because I'm not running this ability.

Switch
Username: NaplmPsalm
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413
Splatoon Ranks: SZ: S+0 | TC: S | RM: S | CB: A-

Maxz

@shani Does anyone know how much Run Speed Up has in enemy ink? It'd be worth knowing, as (presuming it has some effect) it might be more beneficial to run 2 Ink Resistances and a Run Speed Up than triple Ink Resistance.

I'm currently deliberating whether to swap one of my Ink Resistance subs for a Run Speed Up (I currently have 1 main and one sub for IR, and 3 subs for RSU), but I'm not sure whether it's wise.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly

Zyrac

@Maxz This reminds me, I came across this handy tool that lets you input a gear set and see the resulting stats. If it's to be believed, Run Speed Up does nothing in enemy ink.

Another thing to note: Ink Resistance Up has no effect if you're firing your weapon or attempting to swim. You gotta properly trudge outta there. (This is according to the guy who puts up those Inkipedia charts, so he knows what he's talking about.)

Available for online play around 7-10PM UK time most weekdays, whenever on weekends.
Pullblox levels | Fallblox levels | Ful...

Switch Friend Code: SW-6987-6502-7004 | 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: Zyrac23 | Twitter:

Maxz

@Zyrac Ooh, that's interesting, and useful! Thanks!

Anyway, in light of the three Splatoon 1 stages that will be available come Saturday, I though I'd ask; if you could pick three pieces of battle music from the original game (possibly given slight remixes), which would you choose and why? I largely prefer the battle music in the sequel (the math rock influences add a pleasing spikiness), but the original had some greats tracks too (though not all of them were fantastic - as novel as it was having that metal track in a cute squidsey Nintendo game, listening back to it I can't help feeling it was actually a bit dull and basic).

Anyway, my Top 3 would be Kraken Up (Squid Squad), Split and Splat (Chirpy Chips) and Sucker Punch (Hightide Era). I'm excluding Splattack (the main theme) because I feel it's just too representative of the original game and it should probably stay there to preserve its identity. But you needn't do the same. I'm also excluding Ink Me Up because it's a SplatFest theme (though I'd like the Squid Sisters to make a comeback, so maybe including it wouldn't be a bad idea).

Kraken Up has got this great, upbeat, triumphantly punky groove, and the synths remind me of wide open skies with ink flying everywhere beneath them. I think it's probably the track which would sit most naturally with the new music, and generally suit the mood of the sequel best.

Split and Splat might sound a little more at odds with the new tracks, but I remember how excited I was when Version 2.0 dropped and suddenly we had glorious chip-rock pounding through our eardrums in the heat of battle. Anamanaguchi pretty much proved that chip-tunes and rock music can make comfortable bed fellows, and the Chirpy Chips only make the point further (despite not being a real band).

Sucker Punch is the one I'd like to see the most heavily remixed if it were to come back. I like the intro, and the use of piano gives the soundtrack more instrumental variation, but I feel there's still a lot of scope to make the rhythm a more punchy and the song feel a bit less 'soft'. Throw in some obnoxious time-signatures or give it the glitch-hop treatment or something, and it might suit the modern 'post-everything' world of 2017's Inkolopis a little better.

Anyway, there's my three. If you want to get all nostalgic, here's the playlist of the 10/11 original tracks, so feel free to take a listen and pick your own.

Stay Fresh!

Edited on by Maxz

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Nicolai

@Maxz It's a shame I can't pick anything from the single-player; those are some of the best. I'll choose Shellfie, Kraken Up, and Metalopod (only cuz squid screamo is kinda hilarious).

I rise from the ashes!
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

shani

@NapalmPsalm Yeah I sometimes go into TW matches without IR (e.g. to unlock some other gear) and get frustrated every time I'm 'stuck' in enemy ink and become an easy target.

@Maxz I always wondered about thia myself, maybe I should do some tests later. ^^
It would make sense (for IR and RS to have a combined effect) but then again I could also imagine it having no effect on enemy ink in order to keep that benefit exclusive to IR.

@Zyrac: Thanks! I was waiting for such a tool to emerge since there were several of those for Splatoon 1.
Well guess I don't need to test the combined effect then.

Edited on by shani

My personal game of the year? Legend Of Marina: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant Legend of Zelda: Breath of the SPLATOOOOON!

Wanna play some Switch games together or just chat about games? Join our NL Inklings Discord serve...

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Maxz

@shani Yeah, it surprised me, as I assumed enemy ink simply applied some sort of scaler (like 0.5) to your existing run speed, and this scalar was brought closer to 1 the more Ink Res Up you used. If this isn't true, the perceived effect of being in enemy ink may be even greater when using Run speed up, as the difference between the in-ink and out-of-ink speeds will only enlarge. It'd be good to see some video footage of this just to be sure.

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

ThomGee

The Heavy Splatling Deco is confirmed to be the weapon releasing this week.

I, for one, welcome our new Nintendo overlords.

Switch FC: SW-7745-4331-2226

My Nintendo: Strix | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

Bart_T

Man, I've been on a bad losing streak lately. Of my past 20 or so matches I think I lost at least 15, and barely winning any actual shootouts.

I think I'll just go experiment with the ninjasquid/brush combo that I've seen some people wreak absolute havok with, so I can at least attribute the poor showing to trying out new weapons.

Bart_T

shani

Maxz wrote:

If this isn't true, the perceived effect of being in enemy ink may be even greater when using Run speed up, as the difference between the in-ink and out-of-ink speeds will only enlarge.

Indeed, that could be the case. I even suspect it is.
Maybe we should ask thatsrb2dude to make such a video.

Edited on by shani

My personal game of the year? Legend Of Marina: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant Legend of Zelda: Breath of the SPLATOOOOON!

Wanna play some Switch games together or just chat about games? Join our NL Inklings Discord serve...

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

NapalmPsalm

This is the most frustrating thing to me about this game, so I gotta vent; just a little.

I can't stand when they do an alternate set to an existing weapon and that is it. If they are going to do a branded weapon, maybe do two instead. Instead of six of the eight squids using the same weapon we could see closer to split between two weapons. I would have rather seen the hydra instead of this. At least we get a "new" map too.

On a side not, I do think this is a great kit for this weapon. I'll try it out a little... or a lot. Just depends.

Switch

Zyrac

Just had a ranked match with an unusually high amount of "This way!" / "Booyah!" / "Ouch..." signals coming from everyone on the team. It actually felt awesome, I guess because it showed that everyone was smart enough to consistently understand the situation and react appropriately. Really back-and-forth match, too, although we did maintain a lead the whole time.

I also somehow won a 3v4 Rainmaker match today. Didn't even feel that difficult. Our brush user got 28 kills, so I guess they were just good enough to be worth two players.

Available for online play around 7-10PM UK time most weekdays, whenever on weekends.
Pullblox levels | Fallblox levels | Ful...

Switch Friend Code: SW-6987-6502-7004 | 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: Zyrac23 | Twitter:

NaviAndMii

Play anytime, anywhere, with anyone 3 of the 8 players you started out with!

Untitled

Actually the only disconnection I experienced today - but holy squid was it a doozy! ..and we won! - yay? :/

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Events | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Blue_Blur

Right now there's two identical FishFry Visors with Opening Gambit on Splatnet. I've seen repeats of special gear before, but never in a row like this... weird.

My Mario Maker Levels
Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Switch Friend Code: SW-6605-0630-2814 | 3DS Friend Code: 2406-5324-7258 | Nintendo Network ID: SonicLuigiLover

NapalmPsalm

@Blue_Blur It is basically like looking at the bargain bin at a clothing store. I bet you can't goes the clothing nobody wants!

Switch

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic