Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 1,221 to 1,240 of 5,014

Nicolai

Okay, now that I have the Tri unlocked, I'm quickly rising through the RM ranks. Now I just need the Dynamo, and my arsenal will be complete.

@meleebrawler Oh, I see.

Late wrote:

In Splat Zones I make sure we have the zone and then I leave my teammates defend the area while I head towards the enemy territory. I make sure the enemy team has harder time to approach the area by inking their paths and splatting them. It's funny when our timer is counting down and 3 players from the enemy team are too distracted by me to notice that they're going to lose if they keep trying to kill me.

I do that too, and it also reminds me when my friends and I were really hardcore into Animal Crossing Sweet Day on Nintendoland. We had a killer meta going in that game, and for the longest time, I tricked every gamepad user by baiting both of his/her guards while my teammates gobbled up all of the candy unopposed.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Haruki_NLI

Octobrush seems to do the work in Rainmaker too. Faced a team with two of em and ow.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Nicolai

Okay, the burst bombs work amazingly well with the Tri Slosher! This makes me really happy, it's a match made in heaven! The lower power doesn't matter at all, because it still takes over one slosh, so two hits in total. Where the burst bomb didn't increase splat time in other weapons, it does with the Tri since I can slosh faster out of a sub. That, plus obviously the extra range is nice, and works just how I would normally use the Disruptor, except it's now overall faster. The armor, of course, is a solid special that doesn't require too much learning.

I wonder what the other set-up for Tri is, if there is one, but this one is working for me just fine.

Got married.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

meleebrawler

@Nicolai I've got the guide for the base version of the game; there's no alternate version of the Tri-Slosher currently available. In fact, there aren't many alternate brand versions period. It does help to make level progression more exciting, almost always getting weapons that control differently.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Nicolai

@meleebrawler Does your guide have a chart for brand perks? I can't find anything like that online, and it's really hard to pick what I want from the shops without knowing. So far I've assumed that the returning brands are the same as Splatoon 1, but now I'm confronted with an Annaki shirt, and I have no idea which new gear ability it favors.
Found one! Didn't come up when I googled it, though.

Wait, are there perks? They don't list them on this website.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

KirbyTheVampire

I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to perks, lol. I'm hoping I'll figure it out eventually, but for now I'm just trying to buy clothes and stuff that have a variety of perks.

KirbyTheVampire

Nicolai

Okay, I figured it out. There are perks, but for some reason the new brands are listed as favoring "Cold Blooded," which is weird, because that's not an ability that can be found on the sub abilities.

The following changes from Splatoon to Splatoon 2: Squidforce now favors Ink Resistance Up, Inkline now favors Bomb Defense Up, and Forge now favors Special Power Up. Guess that means Splatoon 2 has done away with Damage Up completely. I wonder what that's done to the strategies of Dynamos and E-Liters.
Here's the website.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Haruki_NLI

@Nicolai is Damage Up listed in the ingame list?

Nicolai

@BLP_Software Is there an in-game list? I haven't found a piece of clothing that has it. Take a look in the shops for yourself.

I mean, I'm guess I'm not %100. That chart also says Rockenberg and Takoroka didn't make it in the game, but they definitely did.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Haruki_NLI

@Nicolai Itd be in your lost of ability chunks unless they made ir primary only

Nicolai

@BLP_Software Oh hey, yeah, I'll look!

Damage up is gone, that confirms it. I guess the developers thought it was too hard to balance the weapons with it in existence. Not that Splatoon 1 was terribly unbalanced. Oh well, that's that.

Got married.

meleebrawler

Nicolai wrote:

Okay, I figured it out. There are perks, but for some reason the new brands are listed as favoring "Cold Blooded," which is weird, because that's not an ability that can be found on the sub abilities.

The following changes from Splatoon to Splatoon 2: Squidforce now favors Ink Resistance Up, Inkline now favors Bomb Defense Up, and Forge now favors Special Power Up. Guess that means Splatoon 2 has done away with Damage Up completely. I wonder what that's done to the strategies of Dynamos and E-Liters.
Here's the website.

Cold-Blooded IS a stackable ability now, similar to Ink Resistance. Probably due to the loss of Echolocator.

According to the guide, the E-Liter actually has reduced range compared to the first game. I guess that's a sign of what to expect from map sizes? Strange that there's no sign of Squiffers or Bamboozlers, though.

No Damage Up (and by extension no main Defense Up) seems to be great for Rapid Blasters, and I guess .52 Gals.

Also, a useful tidbit: Thermal Ink is only visible at a considerable distance. So, I guess that's something for Squelchers to consider (there's no Dual, by the way).

Edited on by meleebrawler

ThomGee

I'm actually really liking the new specials. The Splatoon 1 specials were enough to turn the tide of a battle, but Spla2n's specials are more for turning the tide of a single encounter between teams, at least in Turf War. It also helps to balance the game that there are a lot less options for specials that cover a large amount of turf. In Splatoon 1, the only specials that weren't very adept at inking were the Kraken and Killer Wail, but here many of the weapons are more kill or escape focused than inking focused.

Also, does anyone know at what level you can add ability slots to gear. I'd really like to have a three-slot piece of gear with that Super Jump rolling ability.

Edited on by ThomGee

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

-Green-

Removing Damage Up was probably for the best. It was probably too prevalent for the designer's taste and allowed for more inaccurate shots. Iirc, blasters, rollers and chargers almost always ran it to get around certain requirements they had. Namely accuracy and the full charge required for chargers. They probably didn't like that.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

OorWullie

Does anyone use Haunt? I was surprised to see it return as it always seemed kind of pointless to me. It gives you a chance of revenge but it could also mean you getting taken out by the same opponent again. Then what, you haunt them again? Then before you know it you've lost the match because you were too focused on revenge.

I've never actually used it myself though so maybe I'm wrong and it can be useful.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

ACK

Damage up and Defense up absolutely had to go. It's no fun wondering whether your shots will take 3 or 4 shots to splat and even less fun getting splatted faster than usual or at the extreme edge of a roller flick/blaster shot or by a partially charged E-liter or by a bigger than usual Suction bomb... When you really break it down, those two abilities added nothing but unnessecary confusion to the core combat mechanics and were singelhandedly a detriment to balance.

That said, I was an ace Blaster user who never ran any damage ups (except to occasionally counter defense ups) and while it is true that damage ups effectively increase the range of a blaster, I never missed it and had plenty of success in S/S+ ranks. Part of me thinks the over-reliance on Damage up for some loadouts was a crutch rather than OP.

Edited on by ACK

ACK

Twitter:

meleebrawler

@OorWullie I'm not sure if it's different for this game, but Haunt normally revealed the location of your splatter to your whole team, not just to you. So it can possibly prevent further ambushes. Still, like most abilities that activate upon death, it's hardly a go-to. Respawn Punisher seems the most interesting of the lot, for those who don't get splatted TOO much to suffer the drawbacks, but can also potentially punish those who do hunt you down and try to go back to contest the objective. But in terms of practicality, the best "death" ability is still likely Special Saver. Can't go wrong with more specials!

ACK

I'm starting to want the ability to turn off specials (for myself), they are the source of most of my deaths. I'm fine with my normal bombs and weapons, but the specials vet me into more trouble than they are worth. Sort of why I mained the Luna Blaster Neo in the first game and only used Bomb rushes as a last resort. The fact that I could still shoot normally made that special the least detrimental.

A big problem I'm having is that both our Pro controllers click the right stick very easily, so I actually use my special mostly unintentionally. Like the other day at %200 pay grade in Salmon Run.. I saved my specials for the third wave, saw my teammates getting swarmed, found a perfect vantage point to launch a bomb rush... Then start jamming the right stick to no avail. Turns out I had accidentally used both specials up earlier in the chaos without even realizing they were activated. That was the end for us in that run.

My biggest gripe with Splatoon is still shackling specials to the right stick when the L button isn't even used...

Edited on by ACK

ACK

Twitter:

xxTac0xx

Hey guys, im rounding up people for splatoon ranked matches and salmon run. Looking to make it easy for us to find friends and groups to play with.

Theres also the nintendo app gor chat if you prefer that,but gathering frienda is easier on discord.
JOIN UP ! 😁

Discord in signature

https://discord.gg/dy4ACAB

Skid

So is anybody using splatnet 2 to get clothes? I've found it strangely addicting and I am checking my phone every couple of hours to see what is new instead of just checking it every 6 to 12 hours. I think I have a problem...

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic