Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 1,241 to 1,260 of 5,014

shani

@KirbyTheVampire Finally got the Jet Squelcher and just tried it out at the shooting range. It kinda feels like putting on some well-worn shoes or simply like coming home. It feels right.
The only downside is that the toxic myst uses an awful lot of ink. But tbh that was exactly what I expected from that sub, otherwise it would be OP.

meleebrawler wrote:

there's no Dual, by the way

WHAT?!
I mean, I'm happy to wield the Jet Quelcher again, but I was also looking forward to the Dual Squelcher! Why did they remove it? Hopefully it'll make a comeback in form of a DLC...

NapalmPsalm wrote:

So is anybody using splatnet 2 to get clothes?

Of course, every day! Except for when I'm at work or sleeping, I check the app every two hours to see what piece of gear is up for sale.
And as I mentioned several pages ago, Splatnet 2 offers gear with a different main ability (compared to the in-game shop).

Nicolai wrote:

@BLP_Software Is there an in-game list?

Of course there is! Hit 'Y' β†’ Status β†’ Ability
Also in contrast to the first game, several abilities are stackable now. Actually the only ones that still can only be found as a main ability (and exlusive to either hats, clothers or shoes), are those that don't have the ten next to them in the in-game list:

Nicolai wrote:

@TheLZdragon, is it me, or did burst bombs get nerfed?

No, I don't think so. I mean, they got nerfed with one of the last big update in the original, but so far it feels like they kept them on the same level since then (burst bombs are definitely my most used sub).

meleebrawler wrote:

Here's something very nice I noticed in Ranked; if a player disconnected early on in a match, the game would basically waive the outcome of the match and leave your rank untouched. I saw this on the losing end, not sure if it's the same for the winning side.

This is also something that already came to Splatoon 1 through an update. Unless they've changed anything since then, you will still get points for winning, just a little bit less than against four players.

Nintendoer wrote:

Also, does anyone know at what level you can add ability slots to gear?

I'm assuming at lvl 20, since it was the same in the original IIRC.

EdJericho wrote:

Zelda BOTW + Mario Kart 8 Deluxe + Arms = 571,000
Splatoon 2: 671,000

Glad to see Splatoon 2 do inkredible and that's only in Japan, I'm curious to hear how sales in the US did.

Not to diminish this in any way, but AFAIK Splatoon 1 was already hugely popular in Japan, basically a mainstream hit if I'm not mistaken. So it's no surprise that the sequel has sold that well. But of course it's still great news!

-Green- wrote:

The Splashdown's radius thing is misleading. When you perform a Splashdown the Area of Effect is indicated, but even if you stand outside of the visual cue you will still take damage if you are near the edge of it. A quite substantial amount too.

Umm, actually - as someone who used the Splashdown quite often recently - I'd say the opposite is true. As the one doing the Splashdown, I always overestimate it's area of effect. Yes, the radius is highly misleading, but only for the Splashdowner - because you won't splat everyone who's standing inside that radius.
I already tried widening its AOE by using several main slots of Special Power Up, but sadly it doesn't do anything in that regard. If I didn't fear it could become OP I'd definitely want them to increase the Splashdown's area of deadliness a bit.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

ACK

@xxTac0xx I'll hop in sometime soon, thanks for the heads up! Gotta say though that voice chat is mostly a no-go for me at this point with 3 kids constantly running about... I can try to set something up for nighttime play or whatever, but I often have to play at like 75% attention if you know what I mean. Doesn't generally affect my skills at this point as I'm pretty sure I could change a diaper while beating a GP in MK8D...

@NapalmPsalm Yes, and I'd rather not talk about it. I wake up thinking of ideal ability setups to grind and check Splatnet only to think of more and then agonize over what ability to keep on what piece of gear to fit best in those scenarios before going to bed envisioning the menace unleashed by these perfect loadouts. I've come to realize that I would need multiple accounts across multiple Switches along with raising my kids as Inkling killers to make the most out of all the possibilities, but Splatnet2 sure encourages that journey to covet all your ideal gear.

Edited on by ACK

ACK

Twitter:

ThomGee

I'm so close to finishing single player, I just need one more Zapfish, but I can't find another level to play! According to the map, I haven't played Level 26 or 28, so can anyone help me find it? It's times like this that I get mad at the level teapot/kettle-thingies are invisible at first.

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

Skid

@shani Yeah, I've already replaced some of my starter gear for ones with better abilities. I'm just sitting here waiting for the Zink Gold Hi-Horses to pop up on splatnet. I'm interested to see what it will get, but alas it is a rare item
@ACK Hahahah! You summed up how I feel so well! I think we need some support group XD

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

-Green-

@Nintendoer each of the carrier colors lead to 2 kettles, and the levels are also pretty evenly spread out. So just keep an eye out for areas you don't see a kettle near and go onto any of the carrier types that haven't led you to two different levels yet that go in that general area.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

shani

I love playing with the Squelcher again, but I gotta say the Tenta Missiles seem pretty useless to me (not as much as the Stingray, of course). The Toxic Myst on the other hand could be useful if the (ink) cost wasn't so high.

The problem is that I'm used to having the Burst Bombs on the Custom Jet Squelcher (Splatoon 1) as well as the Splattershot (Splatoon 2), so I'd have to unlearn hitting 'R' so regularly. ^^
I'm seriously thinking about playing the Squelcher without using the sub/special at all (or only rarely), but that would be pretty ineffective.

What makes things worse: Someone over at Squidboards has uploaded a spreadsheet with all the weapon unlocks, so far it goes up to lvl 42 and there's no Custom Jet Squelcher in sight.
Why are there so many Dualies but only one Squelcher?!

ACK wrote:

I wake up thinking of ideal ability setups to grind and check Splatnet only to think of more and then agonize over what ability to keep on what piece of gear to fit best in those scenarios before going to bed envisioning the menace unleashed by these perfect loadouts.

πŸ˜†
That sounds oddly familiar (minus the kids)... actually sounds a lot like the original game was for me. ^^
Only this time there's the Splatnet2 store on top of it and you can finally edit your gear the way you want (as soon as you have all the gear, all the slots and millions of p...). I can't wait to craft my perfect loadout!

@NapalmPsalm Please let me know if/when you set up that support group.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Ralizah

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I see the Miiverse art replacement is off to a healthy start.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

ValhallaOutcast

Ralizah wrote:

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I see the Miiverse art replacement is off to a healthy start.

how do people draw with such detail on touch screen?

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

Ralizah

ValhallaOutcast wrote:

how do people draw with such detail on touch screen?

In the case of the photo realistic art, people are using tools to re-create images pixel by pixel in the art posts.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

yokokazuo

Did some league battle for the first time with some friends. We started half an hour late, but ended at 1988.3 points and 17th worldwide (9th for Europe, guess you need at least two members to show up in a region since I was the only NA player)

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

TheXReturns

@VeeFlames @Dino At this point you'll both have noticed how hideously out of practise I am. And I'm using sticks, which doesn't help now I've retaught myself to use motion controls. I'm very confused.

Pleasure splatting with you both, anyway.

A note on TC though, it feels a lot more swingy than before. The tower moves much faster than last game, and god forbid should you get a teamwipe, at which point you've just lost around 30 points, nearly a third of the distance.

I'm not a fan. I hope they slow the tower down a smidge. Matches can very easily snowball. Or maybe that's just lower ranks.

The new rainmaker seems good, there's a lot more strategy to being the RM holder; should you hold full charge, trickle charge or the weird inbetweeny one that gives no explosion at the end. Haven't got round to Splatzones yet.

Can't wait to get my hands on stealth jump gear again. I feel it's vital to minimize downtime, and the stealth jump concept (EDIT: was) just superior to the concept of the jump roller, as one set of superjump ups gives you the freedom of surprising the enemy whenever you land.

They'll never see it coming.

EDIT: Stealth Jump has been nerfed. Joy oh joy. There goes any chance of me superjumping.

Edited on by TheXReturns

A puzzle solved is its own reward.

My Nintendo: TheXReturns | Nintendo Network ID: TheXReturns

Grumblevolcano

@shani Level 42? Ingame, I haven't seen anything locked beyond level 30.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

meleebrawler

@TheXReturns I'm confused. If you've yet to get gear with Stealth Jump, how do you know it's superior? It's been nerfed, you know; only hiding your jump from "distant" opponents. So you can't really "surprise" the enemy if they're in the thick of it. The real best way to minimize downtime is with beakons, which don't show anyone jumping to them either way .

And well, the original Tower Control could be just as swingy as this one, if not more so due to the lack of stopping for checkpoints. Also keep in mind multiple Inklings on the tower makes it move faster.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

TheXReturns

@Meleebrawler They've nerfed Stealth Jump?

...Damn.

They must really not want me to superjump anymore. Guess I'll have to look into the jump rollers then. That's the first nerf that I've actually really been affected by.

I disagree on the previous TC being just as swingy. Maybe I'm imagining things, but I swear the tower used to go slower, even with 4 people on it, except on maps like Walleye, which were really small anyway, and didn't show up in the rotation much. It seems to rocket along.
Or maybe the respawn timer is longer now? I dunno. Something doesn't feel balanced about it to me. I've played 8 or 9 games, and I'm yet to see a non knockout game, one way or another. (Mostly us getting a teamwipe and them not being able to recover) ...But then, it is C rank. Maybe A rank will be better when I get up there.

EDIT: To me, Rainmaker was always meant to be the swingy one, about positioning and good use of flanks, Tower Control was the back and forth tug of war match, but steamrolling was rare, due to spawn advantage/disadvantage and Splat Zones was the one with the war of attrition, that normally ended in one side having more points, but not a knockout.

Edited on by TheXReturns

A puzzle solved is its own reward.

My Nintendo: TheXReturns | Nintendo Network ID: TheXReturns

veeflames

@TheXReturns Haha, nice splatting you, too! To be honest, I was under the impression you still knew your way around the roller. Oh, and those surprise attacks you gave me...

But... I think the tower still moves at the same speed (at least I don't think it's moving any faster). Not to mention those checkpoints stop the tower for a while, making it even "slower" in some regards. And, as @meleebrawler already said, multiple Inklings on the tower increases the latter's speed (this was also a thing in Splatoon).

Now for the reason why I'm here... is anyone else able to play Splatoon 2 currently? When I head into the lobby, I get an error message with the error code 2306-0112. So I can't even play Turf Wars or anything like that. Prior to my predicament (for background purposes), I had just finished playing some Tower Control matches and then went over to the Friends option (in the lobby) to see who was playing. But nothing happpened; instead, I was just staring at my Inkling looking around the lobby while the music was playing. Then I discovered I could still access the menu by pressing X, but I accidentally started The Shoal. Now here's where things got interesting: I got an error message, meaning I couldn't use The Shoal either (which is weird because that's local play). So then I decided to restart the software.. which didn't resolve the issue (although I didn't test the Shoal this time), so I downright restarted the Switch. That still didn't solve the issue, so I can't play online multiplayer Splatoon 2 for some reason.

I don't think it's my internet because I can still access the eShop on my Switch normally. What's even stranger is that I can still go into any of the stores in the Galleria and purchase weapons and gear... and even use Murch (so my Switch must actually be connected to the internet/servers since these services need the internet). I have been playing the game for a long while now (3-4 hours nonstop), so maybe the Switch is too hot or something? Oh, and The Shoal is working now. I wonder what I did to break the game...

EDIT: Now I just tried the Lobby again.. and now it's saying that the server is currently undergoing maintenance. Huh.
And a quick glance at Twitter tells me other people are having the same issues as well. Nintendo's servers are down, maybe (or I broke them. ).

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Pho

@Vee_Flames Came on here to see if servers were down, thanks for confirming

Poyo! <3

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8691-6279 | Nintendo Network ID: xPH03N1Xx86

Nicolai

The game just updated for me, has anyone else downloaded it?

Nintendo wrote:

Version 1.1.2

> An occasionally occurring issue allowed players to receive gear from the SplatNet Gear Shop with an unintended combination of gear abilities. The combination of abilities for this type of gear has been changed to match those of gear available for purchase in the Inkopolis Square shops.
> Fixed an issue that prevented ranking information from displaying properly when viewing β€œPast Records” for League Battle.
> Adjusted the number of points required to fill the special gauge for the following weapons:

Weapon Before β‡’ After
Splat Dualies 180β‡’170
Hero Dualie Replicas 180β‡’170
Enperry Splat Dualies 180β‡’170
Tentatek Splattershot 190β‡’210
N-ZAP '85 180β‡’200
.96 Gal 180β‡’210
Slosher 180β‡’190
Hero Slosher Replica 180β‡’190
Tri-Slosher 180β‡’210
Mini Splatling 180β‡’190

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_...

Heck yeah, the Tri had to be nerfed.
Also, I'm hearing music in Inkopolis Square that's based on City of Color by the Squid Sisters!

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

veeflames

@Nicolai if you're B- or higher in Rainmaker, do you want to join me and some others for some League Battles?
Or anyone else, if they're interested!

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Nicolai

@Vee_Flames Not quite there yet. My rank is climbing, though, so it's only a matter of time.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic