Forums

Topic: New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe

Posts 121 to 140 of 260

AlexSora89

As I said before: the reveal was barely salvageable due to it being the best NSMB game in the series. It has otherwise little to no reason to exist on the Switch.
I would rather have preferred Super Mario Maker, as that's the way to go for linear Mario platformers from here on out. And as I've also said before, my Switch point A-to-point B platforming needs are all check-marked with Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy.

I don't quite have lots o' loot, because I'm from the Boot.

http://www.nintendolife.com/super-mario-maker/users/AlexSora89
(Currently seeking Stars.)

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6287-1558 | Nintendo Network ID: AlexSora89

RedderRugfish

I wrote off the NSMB series years ago for the same reason many of you did, because they were all so similar to each other that it seemed pointless for there to be so many. But it's been around 5 years since I last played one of these so maybe I'll go for it.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

Anti-Matter

@Trajan
Welcome to Indonesia, the land of Piracy and Corrupts.

They can get pirated games by downloading the ROMs from internet & produce them in Mass (Pirated PS2, Wii & Xbox360 copies in physical) or by using Installation service into HDD (PS2, PS3, PS4, Xbox360).

To disguise their dirty business, some of game shops in Indonesia sells Original games & machines, displayed in front store to deceive the consumers / police. But, there are a lot of game shops Explicitly show their dirty business by displaying their pirated copies of old games & accepting orders from customers to install the purated games into their HDD.

Talking about pirated Switch games, YES, there is a one shop that i know sell the pirated copies of Switch games (the pirated Switch games, i mean the ROMs are installed onto hacked Switch from customers).

There is NO Nintendo HQ in Indonesia, considering Indonesia is a Land of Piracy. So sad to admit the truth in my country.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Trajan

@Anti-Matter Wow that is terrible. Is it because people can't afford it? Google says average income is only $4100 which is roughly what someone here on minimum wage would make in two months.

Not to derail the thread....

So is this game any good? I skipped Wii and Wii U. I do actually prefer the 2d Mario games. I like 3, World, and Land 2.

Edited on by Trajan

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

ValhallaOutcast

The only new SMB I played was the Wii one, is this as good/fun as that?

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

bluemage1989

@Trajan I sympathise with him on this. I've seen a bit of the world and wherever you go outside of Western Europe/US you see so much of the piracy. Gaming has such wide appeal but all major companies have been slow to support emerging markets and the pirates have moved in there place. My wife is Latin American and her childhood memories of gaming is of famiclones and xstations picked up for next to nothing preloaded with a dozen genuine classics and a whole load of knock offs. In some ways its fascinating as were the same age but while I remember the N64 she was playing Super Mario Bros, Sonic and cheap sports games on a Chinese made plug and play. Fair play to her it made her awesome at the 8 bit classics though!! I think it highlights just how differently some peoples childhood gaming experiences were in different parts of the world and its not going to change until companies start supporting these emerging markets with more than the Wii and PS2.

Sorry to go off topic!!

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: Super Smash Bros: Ultimate, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Arms and Mario Odyssey.

N64: Top Gear Rally.

Mega Drive: Streets of Rage 1, 2 and 3.

SNES: F Zero and Donkey Kong Country.

Anti-Matter

@Trajan
I have played New Super Mario Bros 2 on 3DS, but have never tried the Wii U version.
From the reviews i got and from my perspective, i recommend New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe for your New 2D Mario games.
Also, i'm planning to get this game, but not Day One due to my priority on other Switch & Japanese 3DS games.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

bluemage1989

@ValhallaOutcast yeah you'd like this if you liked the Wii version. Its more of the same done well.

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: Super Smash Bros: Ultimate, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Arms and Mario Odyssey.

Vee_Flames

Yosheel wrote:

It's kinda sad that none of the games continued the trend of including multiplayer minigames in the style of NSMB/SM64DS.

Not entirely related, but Mario vs. Luigi was my jam back in the day. I played too much of it and beat pretty much anyone I played with. Even with the RNG there was still a lot of depth and strategy at play. It's a shame that it was never seen again after NSMB.

Mario vs. Luigi needs to come back. Maybe it could be part of the new Mario Maker game, where players can even create their own multiplayer levels.

Edited on by Vee_Flames

Come visit Life Church!
My Switch FC: SW824410196326
Expressing my hopes for Professor Layton in Smash. Prayers abound.

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

RedderRugfish

Vee_Flames wrote:

Mario vs. Luigi needs to come back. Maybe it could be part of the new Mario Maker game, where players can even create their own multiplayer levels.

Reminds me of an old 2D platformer on PC called Speedy Blupi whose main selling point was its level editor. You could make standard platformer levels and multiplayer battle stages.

Grumblevolcano

I think Mario Maker 2 will come in September 2020 (35th anniversary of SMB) and so porting NSMBU is an easy way to get 2D Mario onto the Switch before then.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

RedderRugfish

There's a good chance they're putting this out before Mario Maker solely because less people would buy this if Mario Maker was an option.

I'm pretty confident that Switch will get Mario Maker, but I'm curious to see how it'd work without the stylus.

MarioLover92

@ReaderRagfish The Switch's touch screen could work, maybe Nintendo would have the game come with a stylus that's built especially for it. Pointing at the screen with the joy-cons would work too

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

My Super Mario Maker 2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
Username: MarioFan92
Latest Level: Fight Fire With Fire! (9J1-JQM-SRF)

FragRed

@MarioLover92 That stylus is gonna cost you an extra £20/$20 if going by Nintendo Logic ;P

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

JaxonH

My thoughts.

Mario Maker is fantastic and I do want to see it, but it will never, ever replace 2D Mario games. Its great for creative minds, great for having some fun in community levels, but you're not gonna get that trademark expert design level after level, world after world. Doubt you'll even encounger 1 single stage good enough to rival Nintendo released Mario games and if you by chance do, it'll likely be too hard to beat anyways.

The two are separate entities and one cannot supplant the other. I would be furious if we got no 2D Mario thanks to Mario Maker.

As for NSMBU, the only complaint Ive ever heard leveled against it is how similar it is to previous games in the series. Never that it's not a great game. And it is a great game. One of the best 2D platformers I've ever played.

Unless you're running a marathon of all 4 games in the series back to back it shouldn't be an issue. And New Super Luigi U really breaks from the mold a bit with slightly different mechanics and harder stages.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, God Eater 3, Mario Maker 2, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Final Fantasy XII
PS4: Judgement
PSVR / Vita / X1 / PC / Rift / Win2 / WiiU / 3DS: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Silly_G

@JaxonH : That's right. There are far too many novelty or flat-out bad/frustrating levels for Mario Maker to be the benchmark of the series going forward.

In fact, the main draw for me was to be able to make my own levels and play the supplied levels by Nintendo. I have little to no internet in playing strangers' levels.

Having played my physical copy of Mutant Mudds made me appreciate how important good level design is, and for the most part, the levels in Mutant Mudds are very well designed indeed. I have already played the games on 3DS back in the day, but it has been nice experiencing them again in HD (and the HD rumble is surprisingly great).

Edited on by Silly_G

Silly_G

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3134-0847 | Nintendo Network ID: sillygostly

Morpheel

I liked the single player content they added to the 3DS version of Mario Maker. It felt like a legit full 2D Mario game.

Though it doesn't really make up for the fact they killed the online aspects of the game for no reason.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

bluemage1989

If a Mario Maker sequel had the ability to link levels with campaign maps with customization, the ability to put even basic scenes between areas to give some story, a few more features like slopes and some preloaded levels made by developers and I'd be a lot more interested than I was in the original.

With all of the 8/16 bit platformers on the eshop I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't released an enhanced 8/16bit style 2d Mario.

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

toiletduck

bluemage1989 wrote:

With all of the 8/16 bit platformers on the eshop I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't released an enhanced 8/16bit style 2d Mario.

I think that's exactly why: to leave some space for Indies in that genre.

toiletduck

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic