Forums

Topic: New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe

Posts 101 to 120 of 260

veeflames

@Tyranexx Yup, you pretty much got to play the best of the series. NSMBWii and NSMB2 just don’t come close to NSMB and NSMBU. You could play the former games, but I wouldn’t expect too much.

@link3710 That reminds me, I haven’t actually gotten around to playing NSLU yet. I don’t think I’m willing to pay $60 for this game just to get my hands on NSLU, but yeah. I really do have to play NSLU, huh?

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

EvilLucario

Could have packed ALL the games and called it "New Super Mario Bros. Ultimate".

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Eel

(NSLU) It's a lot of fun at the very least.

The levels are hard, but not kaizo or anything like that. They're fun hard, not frustrating hard.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

Yosheel wrote:

Wait till they remake Super Mario 64 DS...

New Super Mario 64 DS Ultimate Deluxe.
LOL it would be a Tongue Twister game's title.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@ReaderRagfish
Luckily, in Indonesia, some $ 60 Switch games were Sold with price Under MSRP.
Let's say if US$ 1.00 = IDR 14,000,
so US$ 60.00 = IDR 840,000.
But, in reality, i bought some US$ 60 games with price UNDER IDR 750,000 or US$ 48 - 52. If i was lucky enough, i could get the Secondhanded with price under US$ 45 or IDR 520,000 - 600,000.
I really hope New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe sold in Indonesia with price range between IDR 680,000 - 720,000.

Anti-Matter

BenGrimm

Never did get round to buying this on the WiiU, really looking forward to this game.

BenGrimm

toiletduck

Really looking forward to this! I'm happy it's confirmed. Would have liked to play this during the Christmas holidays, but I guess I can wait a month longer 😉

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

bluemage1989

@toiletduck yeah seems strange as it seems like a perfect family Christmas game but I guess new year is a popular time for purchases with lots of new Switch owners and people spending in the January sales.

I already own this on the WiiU and really don't need to buy it again but then again I said that about DK:TF and MK8D.

Are new characters the only new feature?? Or have I missed something.

Really like the cover also.

bluemage1989

Grumblevolcano

I think the January release works well. The gap between Xenoblade 2 and Bayonetta 1+2 was ok because Xenoblade 2 is such a lengthy single player game. That's not really going to be the case with Smash Ultimate

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Tyranexx

@Vee_Flames: Funnily enough, I originally asked for NSMB2 for Christmas back around the time it came out and received the first game instead due to an honest mistake. It's definitely one I've been happy with!

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

It's kinda sad that none of the games continued the trend of including multiplayer minigames in the style of NSMB/SM64DS.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Trajan

@Anti-Matter if they sell under MAP they can get in trouble with Nintendo.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

Anti-Matter

@Trajan
But that was the price i got in Indonesia.
There's Nothing l can do.
I have checked on other game shop that sell same games.
The price range for $ 60 games are sold with under $ 60 if i calculate the comparison between $ 1 & Indonesian Rupiah.

Remember, Indonesia is NOT like USA / Japan / Europe, so the game shop here in Surabaya are not as big as over there. Indonesian peoples are NOT a loyal buyer by mostly. Most Indonesian peoples want pirated copies, hacked machine to play video games. Don't be surprised if 99.99% of Indonesian game shop are selling Pirated games & Jailbroken machines, despite there are some Grey market / Game shops that selling BOTH Original games / machines by displaying in front of their stores BUT keep the hacked / pirated copies inside & open the service to fill the modded machines with Tons of pirated games into HDD (Except there is ONLY 1 game shop that Refuse to sell pirated copies & Hacked machine. That game shop just sell Original games & Original machines ONLY. The name is Game Inn, and that's my favorite game shop to buy 3DS / Wii U / Switch over there since July 2013).

Anti-Matter

Trajan

@Anti-Matter I know. I'm just saying it probably isn't Nintendo approved.

Does Nintendo even support Indonesia? I can't find anything from a quick Google search. That might be why.

Also, they sell pirated games? How? You guys have the internet... Or are you talking about pirated Switch games? I didn't know that was happening now...

I've seen fake SNES cartridges on eBay though. Legit Chrono Trigger isn't $20.

Edited on by Trajan

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

Kinoen

Wasn't interested in the first one, I'll be skipping on on this.

Kinoen

AlexSora89

As I said before: the reveal was barely salvageable due to it being the best NSMB game in the series. It has otherwise little to no reason to exist on the Switch.
I would rather have preferred Super Mario Maker, as that's the way to go for linear Mario platformers from here on out. And as I've also said before, my Switch point A-to-point B platforming needs are all check-marked with Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy.

I don't quite have lots o' loot, because I'm from the Boot.

https://www.nintendolife.com/super-mario-maker/users/AlexSora89
(Currently seeking Stars.)

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6287-1558 | Nintendo Network ID: AlexSora89

Anti-Matter

@Trajan
Welcome to Indonesia, the land of Piracy and Corrupts.

They can get pirated games by downloading the ROMs from internet & produce them in Mass (Pirated PS2, Wii & Xbox360 copies in physical) or by using Installation service into HDD (PS2, PS3, PS4, Xbox360).

To disguise their dirty business, some of game shops in Indonesia sells Original games & machines, displayed in front store to deceive the consumers / police. But, there are a lot of game shops Explicitly show their dirty business by displaying their pirated copies of old games & accepting orders from customers to install the purated games into their HDD.

Talking about pirated Switch games, YES, there is a one shop that i know sell the pirated copies of Switch games (the pirated Switch games, i mean the ROMs are installed onto hacked Switch from customers).

There is NO Nintendo HQ in Indonesia, considering Indonesia is a Land of Piracy. So sad to admit the truth in my country.

Anti-Matter

Trajan

@Anti-Matter Wow that is terrible. Is it because people can't afford it? Google says average income is only $4100 which is roughly what someone here on minimum wage would make in two months.

Not to derail the thread....

So is this game any good? I skipped Wii and Wii U. I do actually prefer the 2d Mario games. I like 3, World, and Land 2.

Edited on by Trajan

ValhallaOutcast

The only new SMB I played was the Wii one, is this as good/fun as that?

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

bluemage1989

@Trajan I sympathise with him on this. I've seen a bit of the world and wherever you go outside of Western Europe/US you see so much of the piracy. Gaming has such wide appeal but all major companies have been slow to support emerging markets and the pirates have moved in there place. My wife is Latin American and her childhood memories of gaming is of famiclones and xstations picked up for next to nothing preloaded with a dozen genuine classics and a whole load of knock offs. In some ways its fascinating as were the same age but while I remember the N64 she was playing Super Mario Bros, Sonic and cheap sports games on a Chinese made plug and play. Fair play to her it made her awesome at the 8 bit classics though!! I think it highlights just how differently some peoples childhood gaming experiences were in different parts of the world and its not going to change until companies start supporting these emerging markets with more than the Wii and PS2.

Sorry to go off topic!!

bluemage1989

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic