Forums

Topic: New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe

Posts 141 to 160 of 260

Sisilly_G

Mario Party 10, Nintendo Land, and Game & Wario are unlikely to happen due to the fact that they are in the distinct minority of games that utilised the Gamepad to its full potential. I cannot vouch for the others, but those three in particular spring to mind.

Nevertheless, I hope they port as much as they can over.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Sisilly_G

@Atariboy : I was really hoping that they had included the Wii game as well in order to make the overall package even more appealling. Alas...

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

1UP_MARIO

@Silly_G I think Nintendo will do the bundle with all the new series on marios 40th year anniversary

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Sisilly_G

@1UP_MARIO : Or they'll dump a 1MB SNES ROM on a cartridge not unlike what they did for Mario's 25th Anniversary.

1UP_MARIO

@Silly_G that sounds more realistic 😂

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Quarth

I'm really looking forward to this. NSMB on DS is awesome, but I haven't played the following games. I understand som people are getting tired of this series, but for me, I couldn't be happier.

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Atariboy

Korosanbo wrote:

I kind of wish they would've announced a 3D World port, but seeing as they removed those levels and ending from Captain Toad, it doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon

Plus Super Mario Odyssey is less than a year old. Probably a bit too early for a Super Mario 3D World port if they want it to sell to its full potential. I'd personally bet on it happening in 2020 or so.

Both are 3d Mario platformers, albeit with significantly different approaches to the genre. They don't want this to cannibalize SMO sales. Nor do they want people that recently played through SMO to skip a SM3DW port after having just played through a lengthy 3d platformer. So I'm sure Nintendo is considering the timing very carefully.

The good thing here is the 1st party well of Wii U exclusives is starting to run dry, and Super Mario 3D World is much too good to stay locked away in the vault. So in my opinion it's just a matter of a bit of patience for those Switch owners that missed out on this one, since it's inevitably going to be coming.

And it's one Wii U game that's so good that I won't be able to resist double dipping on. The bump to 1080p that it surely would receive and the lifting of the few gimmicky bits like blowing into the Wii U gamepad's mic to raise and lower an occasional elevator would both justify the upgrade for me.

Edited on by Atariboy

Atariboy

link3710

@Korosanbo Rodea should have the Wii version ported if anything. the Wii U version was an upscale of the 3DS version, the Wii version was the actual game.

Realistically, it's just Xenoblade Chroicles X (probably after how well XC2 sold), The Wonderful 101 (Bayo 1+2 ports did really well), 3D World (Already did most of the work bringing over Captain Toad), and maybe Pikmin 3, and TMS#FE left to port. Five more Wii U releases spaced out at about two to three a year would end their release around 2019, 2020 at the latest.

link3710

Sisilly_G

@Korosanbo : Kirby can certainly happen. I believe the main criticism that people had with the game is that it requires one to constantly be looking at the Gamepad as opposed to the TV (due to the use of the touch screen), so I can see it working as a game that would perhaps be a better experience in portable mode with optional pointer controls as well (for docked/tabletop play).

Devil's Third could happen, though it's more of a skeleton in the closet at this point. If they wanted to, they could iron out the issues with the Wii U version and release a better version of the game that isn't so widely panned.

And the sooner Nintendo brings back Wii/Mii Sports in some form, the better.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

NIN10DOXD

If any game needed a Switch port, it would probably be the HD Zelda remasters. Those are great ports that deserve another chance. I would love to play Wind Waker and Twilight Princess on the go in HD. Super Mario Galaxy HD would also be sweet.

NIN10DOXD

Heavyarms55

I still wish this had been a "New Super Mario Bros: All Stars collection" but the Bowsette meme it spawned thanks to that crown is perfection!

Also I agree with @NIN10DOXD in wanting ports of the HD Zelda games and the Galaxy games in HD!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

toiletduck

@NIN10DOXD I think I'd never need another console in my life if we'd get those. With the replay value of SMO, NSMB, the SMG's, MK8, BOTW, the HD Zelda remasters, DK and the occasional game of FIFA I'd be good for a loooooong time probably.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Dezzy

Wind Waker HD and Xenoblade X desperately need ports. Xenoblade X especially. That was such a masterpiece game that just too few people got to play.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

veeflames

Also 3D World. I’m not the biggest advocate of Wii U ports, but that game’s a masterpiece and needs to be experienced by more players. Plus, the game is perfect for the Switch as well.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Grumblevolcano

Xenoblade X, The Wonderful 101, 3D World and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE are the big 4 likely Wii U ports left. There's others that may come like Kirby, Pikmin 3 and the Zelda remasters but I think those are less likely.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Eel

I'd pay full price for a Zelda HD "collection".

But chances are they'd rather charge full price for each game individually...

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Cobalt

@Yosheel

I'd pay full price for a Zelda SD "collection".

Cobalt

Honelith

When I first saw this announcement I got all giddy thinking it was Super Mario 3D World Deluxe for a fraction of a second...

Still glad to see this on Switch though.

Edited on by Honelith

Honelith

Switch Friend Code: SW-0658-7331-4900

Tyranexx

@Korosanbo: I'm not sure if you've played the HD version of Wind Waker, but the Swift Sail makes the sailing much, much easier.

The trick is to luck out at the auction house.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

bluemage1989

I played NSMBU at launch (ah good memories) and did do some of the Luigi dlc. I've been thinking of buying this again for Switch but I'm not sure if there is enough additional content to justify the purchase. Mario Kart 8 and Tropical Freeze both added enough with additional modes to make it worth while but is new characters enough. Saying that I've pulled the trigger on Bayo so double dipping is becoming more common for me thanks to the Switch. People would probably say about portability but I tend to use one of my 3DS systems while away from home so I don't see it as a selling point for me and I still have my WiiU set up and in use alongside my other consoles. Do you guys think this port does enough to justify another buy??

bluemage1989

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic