Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 901 to 920 of 2,232

toiletduck

@FX102A Haven't you seen them NES controllers???

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

HobbitGamer

@FX102A The "Exclusive Offers" is currently the privilege to buy the NES controllers for $60 that only work on the NES games. So, yay, I guess.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Paraka

@subpopz - Likely a bump for sure, most people who sought to play online and had a Switch would have most likely done so, even if just in prep for Smash Bros..

I mean, me and 3 friends are on one account ow, so it's been working out for us all. =P

Paraka

Slitth

I am a bit surprised that Nintendo doesn't branch out to other platforms.
The Wii, Wii U and DS series could use the classic games and the cloud save.
And if they wanted they would branch out to things like Smart TV and Apple TV

Slitth

HobbitGamer

@Slitth You can’t even purchase anything or play online with Wii anymore. Wii U and DS line can put saves on a card, and they have virtual console.
I don’t even know why Nintendo would want to have the NES app on TVs.

I’m very confused

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Slitth

@JackEatsSparrows
True you can not purchase anything on the Wii, but Nintendo can update the Wii to give access to Nintendo Online. And then they can earn money on a old console.
As for the Wii U and DS there is more money in the leasing games through Online that VC.
As for TV, Nintendo can earn a small extra fee from TV users.

This will turn the Nintendo online from a extra service that you need to buy to play online on the Switch to a stand-alone service.
Now the only thing Online competes with is VC that is slowing down and the Classic console that they are discontinuing

Slitth

HobbitGamer

@Slitth Why would they want to invest money into console that's two generations old in order to get $20 a year from someone that hasn't bought a Switch? They'd have to do more than just flip a switch. Plus, the Wii didn't even use the same Nintendo Account info. The amount of effort to get a 13 year old console back into an ecosystem that only would gain $20-$35 per year wouldn't be cost effective at all. How many folks even have a Wii and nothing since, and also never want to buy an NES mini, but are willing to subscriber to a service that can end.
Wii U and DS having virtual console games for purchase actually means Nintendo can make more than a flat subscription.
But again, this is why it's called Nintendo Switch Online, not Nintendo Online Service. Am I crazy here, @NEStalgia, @Octane?

EDIT: I see now that you've already brought something like this up 3 other times. I get that you'd like to see it happen, but it just doesn't make financial sense.

#MudStrongs

HobbitGamer

@Octane Hey, I only talk to myself because sometimes I need an expert opinion.

#MudStrongs

Starfy

Anyone have a slot to sell? Trying to get my friend online

Friend Code: SW-3916-8465-6101

TheAwesomeBowser

Since I can't open an NSO Hate Thread without getting it locked for no reason, Imma voice my opinion here.

Nintendo Switch Online is a hot mess. If you wanna know what I'm talking about, check this out:

https://twitter.com/t8styham/status/1079102804126457857

Bye.

Own up to Joy-Con Drift, Nintendo. We all know it's your fault

Alantor28

ReaderRagfihs wrote:

Oh no, random people on twitter are complaining about something? We'd better call Nintendo and tell them to drop out of the gaming industry!

On a serious note, aren't you about 4 months late for this? It's not like we've never heard people say this stuff before. Anyone still complaining at this point is just beating a dead horse.

Probably just a troll. I like Nintendo Switch Online, though I can agree with some people that it needs a lot of work, but Nintendo will eventually make it better.

As for this user named TheAwesomeBowser foolishly making two threads about hate for the Online Service, you're right, the NSO haters are beating a dead horse.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

shaneoh

ReaderRagfihs wrote:

On a serious note, aren't you about 4 months late for this? It's not like we've never heard people say this stuff before. Anyone still complaining at this point is just beating a dead horse.

The passage of time doesn't render any criticism invalid.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

LilDoggo48

I was hesitant to subscribe at first but all things considered $3.99 a month isn't bad.

Though if they add additional features in the future I'd love a web browser.

Also maybe on top of NES games they could put episodes of the old Dic video game cartoons up to view, I mean $3.99 a month is enough to deserve some fun 90's cheese, right!? XD

Eagerly Awaiting Animal Crossing for Switch!

Illusion

@LilDoggo48 weirdly, I also was idly thinking that today. I know it'll never happen, but interesting pipe dream. Not like SNES or 64 games are coming anytime soon 😋

Illusion

LilDoggo48

Illusion wrote:

@LilDoggo48 weirdly, I also was idly thinking that today. I know it'll never happen, but interesting pipe dream. Not like SNES or 64 games are coming anytime soon 😋

Yea, I doubt Nintendo would get into the cartoon/TV streaming business, but it would be a fun bonus.

And yea I wouldn't be too surprised if we had to wait till the end of 2019 to see any SNES games show up on the service.

Anywho I just hope they fix the lag in Smash. Aces & Mario Kart both run smoothly online but Smash has some pretty bad lag at times.

Edited on by LilDoggo48

Eagerly Awaiting Animal Crossing for Switch!

gcunit

@Octoguy It's an interesting idea, but I suspect Nintendo will, long term, be looking to appeal to non-Nintendo diehards that won't have much interest in the old games. If they're going to remake the Mother games, you can bet they'll charge the fans that they would most appeal to top whack.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

GameOtaku

I'd prefer if they would allow us to transfer our VC purchases to switch rather than only renting them through an online service (I don't play online so paying for an online service is simply ridiculous and I know I can't be the only one who thinks likes this I prefer to own my games, I own VC I bought on 3ds so transferring or upgrading should be simple).

Why is Nintendo doing things so backwards compared to everyone else? PC, Sony and Microsoft allow you to back up your own saves not just on the cloud. Microsoft and Sony have some form of backwards compatibility and to that extent some form of crossbuy. While Sony and Microsoft charge for online (mostly any some exceptions unless I'm mistaken with some games I had on vita if you bought the game new you got to play for free online but if you bought used you'd have to pay a fee ex Freedom Wars) you get tons of other perks that are actually valuable (free 'new' games and deep discounts) compared to spending $60 on a pair of controllers with limited functionality.

Heck I'd be perfectly fine with a $20 upgrade fee just to have access to my curated VC library on the switch. Can anyone tell me why they start over every single time?! I mean honestly there's no rhyme or reason for them not to have a massive library of classic games by now, not just nes but gb, gbc, gba, snes, n64, ds, tg16 etc! Just like slot of people didn't buy a wiiu a lot of people are without a way to access VC tethered to it like Star Tropics for example its exclusive to wiiu VC ! You can't get it on 3ds and if you are an unlucky soul like myself to have an original 3ds you can't access snes VC on it either (though it should be entirely possible). Do they not like making money? How long until consumers realize they are just throwing money away on rentals when you could buy the game and should have access to them whenever you want instead of a 7 day time limit. I can just hear some of y'alls replies "you can just play new games instead of old ones" yeah I could but a lot of these games I either don't own and would cost way more than my left arm and right leg to own (castlevania legends for example a $60 plus gameboy game?!).

GameOtaku

Alantor28

GameOtaku wrote:

I'd prefer if they would allow us to transfer our VC purchases to switch rather than only renting them through an online service (I don't play online so paying for an online service is simply ridiculous and I know I can't be the only one who thinks likes this I prefer to own my games, I own VC I bought on 3ds so transferring or upgrading should be simple).

Why is Nintendo doing things so backwards compared to everyone else? PC, Sony and Microsoft allow you to back up your own saves not just on the cloud. Microsoft and Sony have some form of backwards compatibility and to that extent some form of crossbuy. While Sony and Microsoft charge for online (mostly any some exceptions unless I'm mistaken with some games I had on vita if you bought the game new you got to play for free online but if you bought used you'd have to pay a fee ex Freedom Wars) you get tons of other perks that are actually valuable (free 'new' games and deep discounts) compared to spending $60 on a pair of controllers with limited functionality.

Heck I'd be perfectly fine with a $20 upgrade fee just to have access to my curated VC library on the switch. Can anyone tell me why they start over every single time?! I mean honestly there's no rhyme or reason for them not to have a massive library of classic games by now, not just nes but gb, gbc, gba, snes, n64, ds, tg16 etc! Just like slot of people didn't buy a wiiu a lot of people are without a way to access VC tethered to it like Star Tropics for example its exclusive to wiiu VC ! You can't get it on 3ds and if you are an unlucky soul like myself to have an original 3ds you can't access snes VC on it either (though it should be entirely possible). Do they not like making money? How long until consumers realize they are just throwing money away on rentals when you could buy the game and should have access to them whenever you want instead of a 7 day time limit. I can just hear some of y'alls replies "you can just play new games instead of old ones" yeah I could but a lot of these games I either don't own and would cost way more than my left arm and right leg to own (castlevania legends for example a $60 plus gameboy game?!).

I think you're getting your feathers ruffled over nothing. I am enjoying the Online Service and I eagerly await more games other than NES games to come to the Online Service.

PSN: MMX20

Therad

CurryPowderKeg79 wrote:

A lot of people are saying that Nintendo Switch online isn't worth it. This totally puzzles me. Is it the worst of the big 3 yes, but it only cost $20 for a yearly subscription. Do people honestly think that Mario Bros, Mario Bros.3, Zelda, Gradius, Double Dragon, Ghost n Goblins, Metriod, and Ninja Gaiden are not worth $2.5 dollars a piece and not to mention the 21 other games available.

I would be fine with the service if it was only a NES subscription. But that is not what the service is, it is bundled together with online play to entice more people to pay.

It is such an anti-consumer move just to gain some recurring revenue.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic