Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 741 to 760 of 2,232

SpaceMonkey86

@Therad You're wrong Therad. There are costs in running the services that Nintendo, PlayStation and XBOX run. It's more complicated than just P2P vs Dedicated servers for games. Everytime you boot up your Switch and connect it to WiFi you are hitting a Nintendo server. When you send a friend request, it's going through a Nintendo server. Plus there is the added benefit of cloud saves. Yes the voice chat is a joke, but it's still there in a limited capacity. All of that costs money. You can pay it or not, no one else cares. But stop spreading false facts that it is costing Nintendo nothing and it's all a paywall, because that just isn't true.

SpaceMonkey86

SpaceMonkey86

@Theread And a game that uses a P2P server system still has servers in place. When you log into the game and start a match you are hitting a server set up by the game devs. Once the party is full, it'll hand the game off to one of the players. But there still are servers involved.

SpaceMonkey86

Therad

And all of that still has nothing to do with what I have said.

But still, can you tell me where Nintendo have costs associated with playing online in rocket league?
And I would also want to know the difference between Fortnite and rocket league while we are at it, since one is behind a paywall while the other is not.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

SpaceMonkey86

Therad wrote:

And all of that still has nothing to do with tying.

But still, can you tell me where Nintendo have costs associated to playing online in rocket league?
And I would also want to know the difference between Fortnite and rocket league while we are at it, since one is behind a paywall while the other is not.

I just did. Since you didn’t pay close enough attention, I’m not going to re-explain it in different ways.

Edited on by SpaceMonkey86

SpaceMonkey86

shaneoh

MilkBone wrote:

And a game that uses a P2P server system still has servers in place. When you log into the game and start a match you are hitting a server set up by the game devs. Once the party is full, it'll hand the game off to one of the players. But there still are servers involved.

The amount of data used for matchmaking is negligible, particularly in comparison to the amount of data the host has to use.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

SpaceMonkey86

shaneoh wrote:

MilkBone wrote:

And a game that uses a P2P server system still has servers in place. When you log into the game and start a match you are hitting a server set up by the game devs. Once the party is full, it'll hand the game off to one of the players. But there still are servers involved.

The amount of data used for matchmaking is negligible, particularly in comparison to the amount of data the host has to use.

But there is still a server involved. I didn’t say it was a complicated dedicated server. But either way there’s still a cost.

SpaceMonkey86

Therad

MilkBone wrote:

Therad wrote:

But still, can you tell me where Nintendo have costs associated to playing online in rocket league?

I just did. Since you didn’t pay close enough attention, I’m not going to re-explain it in different ways.

If the costs they have are "friends lists", then everyone should pay. But still, those cost are negligible. They are also needed to even get the eshop to work, do you think you should have to pay to even be able to access their shop?

Therad

SpaceMonkey86

Therad wrote:

MilkBone wrote:

Therad wrote:

If the costs they have are "friends lists", then everyone should pay. But still, those cost are negligible. They are also needed to even get the eshop to work, do you think you should have to pay to even be able to access their shop?

Whatever dude. You can cry till the cows come home, it won’t change anything. Nothing is free in this world. They are following suit to PS and Xbox. If you have this big of a problem with it you are crying in the wrong place. There is nothing anyone here can do for you. Maybe you should seek some legal advice and sue Nintendo then.

SpaceMonkey86

shaneoh

[quote=MilkBoneBut there is still a server involved. I didn’t say it was a complicated dedicated server. But either way there’s still a cost.

[/quote]

Costs that are already recuperated through eshop sales.

MilkBone wrote:

Whatever dude. You can cry till the cows come home, it won’t change anything. Nothing is free in this world. They are following suit to PS and Xbox. If you have this big of a problem with it you are crying in the wrong place. There is nothing anyone here can do for you. Maybe you should seek some legal advice and sue Nintendo then.

Unless you're on PC where 99% of online play is free.

Why is it that those with a weak or non-existent argument insist that their opposition is "crying?"

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Jeronan

I am absolutely furious now with the Nintendo Online Service!

Yesterday my son was all upset, since he suddenly no longer is able to play for example Minecraft Multiplayer together with visiting friends in Splitscreen mode!

This was never an issue before, but now since the launch of Nintendo Online, all accounts need to be FULL Nintendo accounts with a paid subscription!

WTF??!! This was never needed, as long as the main user launching the game was a Nintendo Account, it just worked! But now ALL local Switch users require to be fully managed Nintendo Accounts with a subscription, even for local Splitscreen in Multiplayer games! That's just bulls hit!!

Jeronan

toiletduck

gcunit wrote:

@toiletduck I made some comments recently that didn't align with the mainstream and thus proved controversial enough to warrant de-modding.

Glad to see you're still here then and didn't feel pushed away! I like you're comments and I'm a loyal reader of your stories in de FIFA thread.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Alantor28

Therad wrote:

MilkBone wrote:

Therad wrote:

That's not it. Didn't you pay attention to what Milkbones said?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

HobbitGamer

It doesn’t matter, Therad isn’t going to sub up no matter what. They’ve made up their mind.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Alantor28

HobbitGamer wrote:

It doesn’t matter, Therad isn’t going to sub up no matter what. They’ve made up their mind.

I see. He's one of those people who refused to listen to reason and tries to make a point, right?

PSN: MMX20

HobbitGamer

Yup. To each their own, but the online service is here now. Love it or hate it, that’s not gonna change.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Toy_Link

Jeronan wrote:

I am absolutely furious now with the Nintendo Online Service!

Yesterday my son was all upset, since he suddenly no longer is able to play for example Minecraft Multiplayer together with visiting friends in Splitscreen mode!

This was never an issue before, but now since the launch of Nintendo Online, all accounts need to be FULL Nintendo accounts with a paid subscription!

WTF??!! This was never needed, as long as the main user launching the game was a Nintendo Account, it just worked! But now ALL local Switch users require to be fully managed Nintendo Accounts with a subscription, even for local Splitscreen in Multiplayer games! That's just bulls hit!!

Mojang will release a patch to fix this problem. Just go to your world's setting and disable multiplayer game it should allow you to use local split screen.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

gcunit

@Therad How do you fancy a negligible subscription?

I've just created a family group and have sent invites to 2 users here. I've got 3 spaces left for anyone else who fancies it for £5 for 12 months.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Eel

Guys remember this is not a cult, there's no point in trying to force the subscription onto others.

Let's respect other's decisions and opinions.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HobbitGamer

I guess I’ll return all this cult apparel to Party City.
I don’t think anyone should be doing the “prove it wrong or right” thing. Not all opinions can be swayed, either. NSO either has value for an individual consumer, or it doesn’t; such and such is why the individual feels so. No one needs to ‘defend’ their choice, we’re not the masters of each other.

Now where’s the closest Party City?

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic