Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 761 to 780 of 2,230

Therad

gcunit wrote:

@Therad How do you fancy a negligible subscription?

I've just created a family group and have sent invites to 2 users here. I've got 3 spaces left for anyone else who fancies it for £5 for 12 months.

Money isn't the problem, I have a well paying job. I have no problem paying for content, I know it costs money to make quality content. I really dislike the entire concept of online subs because it is an extremely exploitative practice. The platform holders are abusing their position over especially smaller devs.

If someone pays Nintendo to play for example rocket league, nothing of that money reach psyonix. This is a company that have already paid Nintendo to be on their platform. Which have increased the value of the switch platform.

Simply put, it is pure greed and they can get away with it because it is a closed platform. What do you think would happen if Google did the same thing with the Android platform? Do you think they would have gotten away with it?

Therad

Starfy

gcunit wrote:

@Therad How do you fancy a negligible subscription?

I've just created a family group and have sent invites to 2 users here. I've got 3 spaces left for anyone else who fancies it for £5 for 12 months.

Will this work if I'm in the states? Happy to send 5 good ol american dollars your way for it lol

Friend Code: SW-3916-8465-6101

gcunit

@Starfy I think it will work. You don't have to pay me anything until you've accepted my invite, so we'll know whether it works or not. But you can pay £5 sterling or gtfo

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Starfy

@gcunit sent an email, thanks.

gcunit

@Starfy Cool, I've sent you the invite. I'll email you with the link for my PayPal account.

Starfy

@gcunit Fast and easy, thanks m8

gcunit

@Starfy Pleasure. You'll get preference when renewal time comes too cos you're the first to accept the invite. See you online

Jeronan

Mrtoad wrote:

Jeronan wrote:

I am absolutely furious now with the Nintendo Online Service!

Yesterday my son was all upset, since he suddenly no longer is able to play for example Minecraft Multiplayer together with visiting friends in Splitscreen mode!

This was never an issue before, but now since the launch of Nintendo Online, all accounts need to be FULL Nintendo accounts with a paid subscription!

WTF??!! This was never needed, as long as the main user launching the game was a Nintendo Account, it just worked! But now ALL local Switch users require to be fully managed Nintendo Accounts with a subscription, even for local Splitscreen in Multiplayer games! That's just bulls hit!!

Mojang will release a patch to fix this problem. Just go to your world's setting and disable multiplayer game it should allow you to use local split screen.

I sincerely hope so, as it's really annoying and stupid. Going to test and see if it's the same issue with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, since it also offers Online Multiplayer+Local splitscreen.

Jeronan

SpaceMonkey86

Yosheel wrote:

Guys remember this is not a cult, there's no point in trying to force the subscription onto others.

Let's respect other's decisions and opinions.

^ This! And vice versa. I come on here to talk about the service on how it’s working, the features blah blah blah. Instead we get how it’s illegal and paywall and stuff. I don’t care if others like it or not. But for those who are using it, hows it working and info about the features.

SpaceMonkey86

JaxonH

So, Nintendo just confirmed to IGN they store your cloud saves for 6 months, same as Sony

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Alantor28

@JaxonH Really? Like when your subscription ends and you have until six months to renew it before they wipe out your cloud saves? Like Sony?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698

SpaceMonkey86

JaxonH wrote:

So, Nintendo just confirmed to IGN they store your cloud saves for 6 months, same as Sony

That’s good to hear. Thanks

SpaceMonkey86

Eel

As I mentioned in the other thread, they never actually said it would be immediate, people just assumed that because of their wording.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

1UP_MARIO

JaxonH wrote:

That’s not good enough. It should be a whole year. I’m angry. I’m gonna break something
/s

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

JaxonH

@Alantor28
Correct.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

HobbitGamer

Too bad it's already had a 500+ comment article saying otherwise. Wonder if the guy will issue a retraction Soapbox...

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

SpaceMonkey86

Yeah, Nintendo’s marketing team/PR has a lot to blame. Yes, people shouldn’t jump to conclusions, but as a company you have to expect people to do that in this day and age.

So unfortunately they are tons of people out there who think that the NES games are going to leave after a month for new ones. Saves are gone immediately. Etc. who knows what else is commonly thought among people who don’t frequently visit message boards. Their minds must be blown.

SpaceMonkey86

Moroboshi876

Last week there weren't any discounts for subscribers on the weekly sales, let's hope this week (tomorrow) that promised feature starts...

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

HobbitGamer

There likely won’t be. The exclusive offers are just the NES controllers and Splatoon gear. Which is pretty weak IMO, but I’m not expecting anything else for a few months.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Matthew010

The next batch of NES games have been revealed!
October Solomon's Key, NES Open (Golf), Dodge Ball
November Metroid, Mighty Bomb Jack, Twinbee
December Wario's Wood, Ninja Gaiden, Adventures of Lolo

So it looks like we'll get 3 games a month with at least one Nintendo title included.

Edited on by Matthew010

Matthew010

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic