Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 1,041 to 1,060 of 2,232

GeoChrome

@Zidentia I included the line spacing to show different ideas. The first paragraph was directed at you, while the second paragraph was my observation of this thread in general. You have every right to critique what you want.

This month will probably be the one I use the NES app most. Been wanting to play retro Kirby for a while.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

zidentia

subpopz wrote:

@Zidentia While I don't disagree there's many fantastic third party games, therein lies the problems: they are third party. All the games you listed belong to Capcom, Konami, Sunsoft and Square Enix. Who knows if there's licensing issues or what's going on there. Capcom may not want Mega Man on the service for fear it will interfere with sales of Legacy Collection, for example.
Nintendo just can't drop games they do not own onto the service without permission of the property owner.

I know there are licensing issues on some titles but many of the first party titles are sub standard and always were even when NES was new. I am not saying there are a lack of good titles but the offerings so far are weak, for me, at least.

Edited on by zidentia

zidentia

zidentia

GyroZeppeli wrote:

@Zidentia I included the line spacing to show different ideas. The first paragraph was directed at you, while the second paragraph was my observation of this thread in general. You have every right to critique what you want.

This month will probably be the one I use the NES app most. Been wanting to play retro Kirby for a while.

You quoted me so the argument appears to be in my direction. If you like Kirby then this is your month. I just feel what they have given us so far is not that appealing.

zidentia

GeoChrome

@Zidentia Not exactly what you mean by the argument being in your favor, I was just explaining. Again, you can have your own opinions, the only reason I added the Kirby part was to show that I usually use different paragraphs for different ideas. There is no need for arguing.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Jimez

Super Mario Bros 2 is the one mainline Mario game i've never completed, and Kirby's Adventure is a favourite of mine. Good month for me.

Jimez

Jojabean44

what are the speacial offers other than splatoon 2 gear

Jojabean44

MarioVillager92

@Jojabean44 They didn't really go in depth with the special offers. The NES controllers are as close as we will get.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Grumblevolcano

Tetris 99 makes the potential of "special offers" a lot more interesting.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

electrolite77

After months of moaning about NSO on here, my lovely wife bought me a subscription for my birthday.

Tetris 99 is brilliant fun and making it less likely she’s wasted her money.

Edited on by electrolite77

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

TheAwesomeBowser

So I did some price conversions and found out this...
$3.99USD equates to $5.58AUD (1 month individual sub)
$7.99USD equates to $11.18AUD (3 month individual sub)
$19.99USD equates to $27.97AUD (1 year individual sub)
$34.99USD equates to $48.96AUD (1 year family plan)

Actual Aussie prices:
$5.95AUD for 1 month individual
$11.95AUD for 3 month individual
$29.95AUD for 1 year individual
$54.95AUD for 1 year family plan

Untitled

Own up to Joy-Con Drift, Nintendo. We all know it's your fault

MarioVillager92

@subpopz I just started playing Tetris 99 and I'm liking it! If they could do the same thing with Panel de Pon/Puzzle League, I'd be happy.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

kkslider5552000

I know it's way too late to do a joke about this, but currently, it essentially looks like Nintendo is so hilariously desperate to not actually improve its online service that it will make an entire new video game and give it away for free instead of adding obvious features and improvements that everyone actually wants. It's like when a character in a show is so desperate to not tell the truth about something that they will go to absurd lengths that take so much more unneeded effort and time just to not get caught lying, and that is in fact the entire joke.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Jimez

Having a Tetris title given for free sort of makes the service a little better. Would still love new features to be added, maybe exclusive Switch themes added too.

Jimez

blaisedinsd

Wasn’t sure where to ask this and it didn’t seem like a big enough question to start a new thread since the forum seems pretty uncluttered

I recently bought the $35 credit eshop bundle and have a Nintendo switch online family membership plan with 3 child accounts.

I added the eshop credit to my account since I make all the eshop purchases of games and everyone else can play them on there own user accounts.

One child likes to play fortnite but he usually plays on the PS4. Over in Sony land I add credit to my account and I can allow him to spend some money from those funds by setting a spending limit. From what I was reading Nintendo gives me the choice of blocking eshop purchases or having a notification sent when a purchase is made. Does this mean for him to make a purchase for something like fortnite I have to either add a credit card giving him potentially unlimited spending or buy an eshop card for him to add funds to his own account to do so?

I was thinking I had funds on my switch now that he could use to buy a season 8 battle pass that he could then also play with that battle pass on the PlayStation or the switch. Is there anyway I can share my credit with him to buy a battle pass? Sony doesn’t let children have money but Nintendo does? That seems counter intuitive to me but I guess it’s not a big deal even if it is annoying

SW-7087-5868-6390

Mr_Humpf

^funny

Friend code: SW-4624-7969-8089

scoobdoo

subpopz wrote:

So, with Konami releasing retro collections now, on top of other retro releases done by 3rd party (notably Mega Man), what does this mean for the NES (and maybe SNES) Online service?
e.

Even though it’s cheap, the ‘service’ as it stands is a joke. If you have no interest in paying to play ancient software from the 80s, this ‘service’ does nothing for you.

FC: SW-3470-2213-1835

wafflesngravy

Just figured out its only for single memberships, doesn't work on family plans. Oh well. Still might be good for some.

wafflesngravy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic