Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 1,121 to 1,140 of 2,293

Yoshi87

I am seriously starting to think that maybe Pokemon Switch is a Yellow version remake with significant changes. For example, there has been a serious amount of Pikachu and Eevee promotion in Japan recently.

In addition, a lot of Pixelpar's drawings have been of Pokemon in Kanto. Furthermore, the images appear to show Pokemon outside of their Pokeballs. The 'leaked' Lapras image also showed something similar with Eevee out of its Pokeball. Maybe GameFreak have reversed the old game and now Eevee is the starter - would make sense given all the evolution possibilities.

Yoshi87

shadow-wolf

@MarcelRguez Everything else seems to fall into place. The localization starting a month or two ago, which normally happens less than a year before release. The fact that no Pokemon RPG is playable on Switch so it's Game Freak's best interest to release one ASAP. The next Pokemon movie featuring Zeraora, the last Pokemon in the Alola dex (gen 6 and gen 7 were released in the same year as the movie featuring the last Pokemon of the previous region's pokedex), etc. It makes a lot of sense to release it this year.

We have until the end of E3 before we can say it's likely not happening this year. Remember, Sun and moon were announced in February but we only got actual info besides the names of the games in May. They could announce and release info next month and still have a marketing cycle akin to Sun and moon, which I thought was a pretty good marketing cycle.

Edited on by shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

MarcelRguez

@shadow-wolf Oh, for sure. I too believe we'll see it this year. I was just mentioning that, even if you're just guessing, it makes no sense to say it'll release in 2019. As far as predictions go, late 2018 is the safer bet.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Bolt_Strike

-Juice- wrote:

@Bolt_Strike Eww, caves and mazes are the worst parts of old games. I like new optional areas, but not when they're monotonous.

Aside from random encounters, they're

-Juice- wrote:

Also, I must've missed the original RSE's giant legendary hunt and post game story. You're right, ORAS totally didn't have a large amount of optional content added on to it. The story and region definitely didn't get any overhauls that made a difference. Naw, totally exactly the same. /s

You mean the legendary hunt that involves walking 5 steps on tiny islands and pressing A in front of a hole? And the post game story that takes all of 1 hour? Wow, such tremendous content that you totally can't just blow through.

-Juice- wrote:

Lol, those sub regions of past games are pretty small and easy to navigate when you're not getting all nostalgic for them. They're not as special or in depth as you're making them out to be.

Still more than the likes of XY, ORAS, and SM offered.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

-Juice-

@Bolt_Strike I didn't know that the best part of Pokemon's gameplay were the amount of steps you take. I could've sworn that battling and catching were the main appeal. I also can't remember a single post game quest lasting longer than an hour. Most didn't even have them. Someone has nostalgia probs lol

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

Seacliff

-Juice- wrote:

I also can't remember a single post game quest lasting longer than an hour. Most didn't even have them. Someone has nostalgia probs lol

Insert the entirety of Battle Frontier here

Also, Sevii Islands and North Eastern Sinnoh definitely took longer than an hour.

Edited on by Seacliff

Seacliff

-Juice-

@Seacliff The Battle Frontier is nothing more than random battles with no narrative importance or noteworthy award. In that sense, it isn't any different from continuing a 100+ hour winstreak in any battle facility (which every gen has). If you want to include Heatran, then you also have to include the Regis, etc. You can't cherry pick and pretend there isn't a counterpart.

@MarcelRguez If we're using that as an example of a great post game, then every single title that isn't GSC HGSS fails in that regard. In all honesty, that large amount of post game content was a fluke.

Edited on by -Juice-

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

link3710

@-Juice- The battle frontier made it fun though. Look at how crazy stuff like the Battle Serpent, Battle Arcade, Battle Factory, Battle Pyramid, Battle Dojo, Battle Hall etc. were. They actually changed the way you played the game. Compare that to the modern ones and... well it's clear why people want the Frontiers back.

link3710

-Juice-

@link3710 Sure, but skybattles, double battles, triple battles, and rotation battles all changed the way we battled too. Most people didn't care about them, so I'd go out on a limb and say that it's a minority of the playerbase that played through the BF as well.

Now, I liked the Battle Frontier. That said, the Pokemon World Tournament had it beat for me, because there were actual notable goals that had weight. Beating the Frontier Brains felt like beating some nobody with strong Pokemon. With the Pokemon World Tournament, you went up against familiar characters to be the best of the best. It feels like a legitimate triumph to beat past gym leaders and champions, because you know what makes them such a big deal to fight. If the Battle Frontier or Pokemon World Tournament had a gym/league like progression system that tied into the rest of the mechanics we have in the game, then I'd definitely want either or both to come back. The problem is that every battle facility feels too unfamiliar to how the rest of the gameplay works in the base game.

I'm the type of person that needs something official to make these endless challenge runs feel rewarding. Actually, I'd prefer them NOT to be endless generic challenge runs, but actual thought out sidequests that build off of the progression system we use from the time we walk out our mom's house all the way to our victory over the Elite 4. All of these generic battle institutions remind me of Bethesda's stupid radiant quest system, which I also hate because of how generic and unrewarding it actually feels. At least give me badges of some kind. Some type of in-game recognition that says "Yo Champion, you just became the Emperor of the World" or something. Anything. Why would I, the Champion, fight all these people if Champion is the highest honor? Why are these people stronger than me if that's the case? Shouldn't there be a higher title waiting for me then? It's all just lazy.

Edited on by -Juice-

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

-Green-

Explorers of Sky had the best post game ever in the entirety of Pokemon.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

-Juice-

-Green- wrote:

Explorers of Sky had the best post game ever in the entirety of Pokemon.

Explorers of Sky/Darkness/Time had the best post game AND sidequests in the entirety of Pokemon. There was just so much for the player to do and find.

...Now I'M the nostalgic one...

Edited on by -Juice-

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

Grumblevolcano

I never got to experience Battle Frontier as Emerald was the only Gen 3 game I didn't get (I was catching up with the GC games I missed at that point and the Europe delay was way too close to the DS).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MarcelRguez

@-Juice-

-Juice- wrote:

If we're using that as an example of a great post game, then every single title that isn't GSC HGSS fails in that regard.

I don't see any problems with that, in all honesty. Sure, demanding that amount of post-game content could be considered unreasonable (and I say could not because it's unfeasible, but because it clearly goes against GF's priorities), but I don't see any reason why someone should settle for less.

Or in other words: it that means post-game content has been in steady decline since GSC, I can't say I disagree much with that statement.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

EvilLucario

But why should we be so fixated on "postgame"? Why not just more things to do, period? Make EVERYTHING good, and more of it. More optional dungeons that give awesome stuff. Some more substantial sidequests. Etc.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

MarcelRguez

@EvilLucario For sure, I'd rather have a meatier main game that's light on post-game content than the alternative, but it's just a type of "content" that's easier to compare than the complexity of the dungeons or the amount of side-quests a game has.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Tsurii

@EvilLucario know what's funny? That's what games like BW and SuMo did and guess what? People hated "more content" for some reason or another and we went back to Gamefreak cutting back on what little meaningful story arcs/"main campaign content" we had in both cases (less with the Gen 5 sequels, of course, but the entirety of gen 6 was a bad joke, in my opinion)

You can't please the people who call themselves the "hardcore" Pokémon Fans because the morons, and they are morons, don't understand what they want from the series themselves. It's a battle Gamefreak can't win because every time they try something new or slightly more ambitious they get shot down immediately.

I probably said it a million times already but this is a series of RPGs that isn't "allowed" to do any RPGy things because people don't even bloody understand what "RPG" means.
You'll always get the kids whining about how they have to read in a videogame and how the post game facility, which almost always does the exact same thing as every other one in the series, is somehow the worst thing ever and how whoever designed it is some kind of videogame design Hitler.

You could give them a carbon copy of Emerald's battle zone on top of every other thing they say they want in these games and they'd probably moan about how GF pander to nostalgia victims.

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

Octane

Post-game always feels a bit tacked on IMO.

Maybe have something like Red in GSC, that was pretty cool, but without the empty second region. A battle frontier is neat I guess. I dunno what else they can do.

Octane

DarthNocturnal

Well....... we could always catch 'em all. Literally.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Octane

Pokemon Battle Royale is the obvious answer.

Octane

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic