Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 1,101 to 1,120 of 2,747

Harmonie

I've been pretty visibly concerned about whether the Switch Pokemon game(s) would be compelling enough for me after Generation VII, but honestly you all, I didn't think it would get this bad.

More blatant Generation I pandering with mobile Pokemon GO aspects... Please tell me this is a joke. As someone who has played since Red and have a lot of nostalgia for it, this is NOT what I want.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

MarcelRguez

@Harmonie Re-read the italian leaks. It might not be as much of a departure as yoy think.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Harmonie

@MarcelRguez To be honest, I have not even actually seen the leaks, just people talking about them. If it is allowed could you link me to them?

Harmonie

IceClimbers

Yeah someone link those leaks please, because from what I've read it basically sounds like it'll have Pokemon GO capture mechanics instead of traditional Pokemon wild battles

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

MarcelRguez

@Harmonie Sure thing.

Posts are archived in reverse chronological order, so they should be read from bottom to top. The quick and dirty as far as setting is concerned is that the region is not Kanto, but a submerged Kanto 100 years into the future. It's island-based, so it shouldn't be that dissimilar to Alola.

I'm bringing this rumor up again because it's the only one (at least as far as I know) that lines up with the new stuff. If this one was discredited at some point in the past and I'm not aware of it, please point it out.

MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

@Aozz101x I didn't, actually. It's my first time reading this, but it does line up a bit better with today's leaks.

Now I don't know what to believe anymore.

MarcelRguez

Arcamenel

I hope the stuff about GO is wrong. I don't want the main games to be marketing for GO. I can't get into that and would rather it stay where it's at.

Derrick
3DS FC: 1693 - 1069 - 1732

Harmonie

@MarcelRguez Thank you for the link.

Hm... That doesn't make me feel any better. I don't care for Alola, it felt so limiting. If you combine that with Kanto pandering then it's everything I don't want. But I suppose that's just me.

Edited on by Harmonie

Harmonie

TheTetrisGuy

I’m torn on this leak... on one hand, it makes sense. A sequel to Red and Blue? Makes sense. An online hub? Awesome! A play style like Go? ...ew. I need to have concrete facts before I make judgement.

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

Skid

@IceClimbers From what I understand the capturing is like go. Nothing about the whole battle system being scrapped. Still they are just leaks even if they are on serebii. We'll have to see.

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

Yoshi87

Latest rumor is that Pokemon Switch is called “Pokemon Let’s Go! Pikachu” and “Pokemon Let’s Go! Eevee”. Both based on a Pokemon Yellow remake, which I previously suggest on this forum.

Yoshi87

MarcelRguez

Overall, I'm torn too, but the possibility of something new is more exciting to me than a continuation of what they've been doing so far. The danger of all this is that it could go the wrong way (keeping the bland level design of the recent entries on top of simplifying the games mechanically), and that's what implementing Go might suggest at first glance. Still, I'm willing to keep an open mind and reserve judgement until we actually see what these games are trying to do.

MarcelRguez

Skid

@MarcelRguez Seeing Go being thrown in with this does sound scary; however, I don't think a Go interrogation (if true) would automatically be a bad thing. Mainly because I think it would just change that you can throw the pokeball with the touch screen in portable or use the joycon/pro controller in docked mode. It could even mean you can see the wild encounters in the overworld instead of just random.

From what I've read I like the "change" even if I would rather have gen 8 (and that is coming from a "genwunner"). Choose pikachu or eevee instead of the normal fire/water/grass starter. A pokemon can follow you. True or not, after thinking about the main bullet points I have read I like the idea of this new game. I just think people are seeing Pokemon Go and letting their negative imagination run wild.

Switch

Alber-san

I feel like making capturing more like Pokemon Go could be interesting. I mean think about it. Catching Pokemon is the main aspect of Pokemon and it has never been fun. (No, pressing the A button to throw a Pokeball isn't fun). It was also completely RNG which made catching legendaries a chore. If they keep the battling to weaken the enemy and when you throw a ball you actually have to do something to increase your chances of capture it would be a bit more exciting.

Edit: @NapalmPsal whelp, we seem to think the same thing (except you were 50s quicker)

Edited on by Alber-san

Switch FC: SW-4227-6363-7321
Online games:
Rocket League, Splatoon 2, NBA Playgrounds, Fortnite

Favourite single player games:XC2, Skyrim, TLoZ: BotW

Buizel

Really not a fan of the islands idea. Alola just happened. Not to mention that Ruby/Sapphire (too much water 7/10) and Wind Waker (an already-visited region submerged in water?) also exist. I just don't see how an island structure would benefit the game in any way. To me it screams technical limitation (difficulty implementing a more open world?) rather than artistic choice.

I'm also not a fan of the GO integration idea. Sure, maybe allow exchangable rewards between the games - but why alter core Pokemon gameplay to be like GO's?

On the other hand, I'm a real advocate for a RGBY reimagining. I know, gen 1 pandering and all, but FireRed/LeafGreen are the oldest games not to have recieved an update at the moment, and this would be an opportunity to go absolutely wild with it (why not introduce new Pokemon to Kanto?). It doesn't necessarilly have to pander too much to nostalgia.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

MarcelRguez

@KaiserGX Many people are making the Pikachu = Yellow remake assumption and I don't think this is what's happening here.

@NapalmPsalm That's where I'm at right now too. It's not a lot to go by, so who knows what form the game will take or what mechanics will it borrow.

MarcelRguez

KaiserGX

Would be cool to see Kanto soft rebooted to include the newer Pokemon (at least ones that would make sense for them to be there). You know to add Pokemon that were supposedly there since the beginning that we just never saw since they weren't revealed yet.

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

Skid

@Alber-san Glad I'm on the same page with someone!

I just want the announcement to hurry up and happen. I don't want to wait until after E3 to find out it isn't happening yet.

@MarcelRguez I will say my initial reaction was the same, but I quickly tried to calm myself down. We can just sit, wait, and let our imaginations run until the announcement happens. I'm just choosing to be optimistic. Hopefully my heart isn't broken with radical game mechanic changes.

Edited on by Skid

Switch

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic