Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 441 to 460 of 15,874

1UP_MARIO

@Grumblevolcano but wii u had a great first party year. Splatoon. Super Mario Maker. Kirby rainbow curse. Mario party 10. Captain toad. And of course yoshi and I must of missed more without counting the 3ds games right.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Agriculture

troy258 wrote:

@agriculture I expect luigi's mansion to come out as well but I think bayonetta 3 and metroid prime 4 are unlikely if pokemon also comes out this year. I think we have a higher chance to see metroid prime triology this year instead of prime 4.

Well, it's been a great run Nintendo, but now your time is up. Your swan song has been much better than the Dreamcast.

T-T-T-T-TRIGGERED! Just kidding, but seriously though, the Switch is starting to lose steam. Hopefully Nintendo can regain it in 2020

Agriculture

troy258

@Agriculture 2018 was an average year, 2019 still can be a great year for nintendo depending on which games end up releasing maybe we get some big third party games like cod and overwatch. Maybe the rumour that the witcher 3 is coming to switch is true end it ends up running great. Maybe we get a zelda collection or something. I think we can only tell at the end of the year. But I don't think Nintendo has a problem (yet).

troy258

redd214

We are 3 weeks into 2019 and people are already deeming it a disaster year lol.

Edited on by redd214

redd214

HobbitGamer

Agriculture wrote:

but seriously though, the Switch is starting to lose steam. Hopefully Nintendo can regain it in 2020

January 23rd, 2019. You heard it folks, the year has ended after 23 days. Time to pack it all up.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bluemage1989

If it performs well I'd be all over a Witcher 3 port. I've played it for hundreds of hours and still get a kick out of just roaming and to have one of my personal best games of all time on Switch would be incredible.

I went into the Nindies showcase today with low expectations but to be fair these shows arent made for me so it's not the end of the world. I do hope there just clearing the decks for a big direct soon but I am also aware I may be starting to sound desperate!!

My list of unreasonable expectations grows greater everyday but I really do hope for a GameCube HD remaster series.

bluemage1989

TuVictus

As long as Luigi's Mansion 3 and Daemon x Machina stick to the 2019 release windows, I consider it a much better year than 2018 already, anything else is just gravy

TuVictus

IceClimbers

@Agriculture How on earth is Switch losing steam?

NSMBU Deluxe, Travis Strikes Again, Yoshi, Fire Emblem, Daemon X Machina, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing, and a new Pokemon generation on top of increased third party support sounds pretty good to me.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Agriculture

IceClimbers wrote:

NSMBU Deluxe, Travis Strikes Again, Yoshi, Fire Emblem, Daemon X Machina, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing, and a new Pokemon generation on top of increased third party support sounds pretty good to me.

Ports are a nice bonus, but hardly something you can rely on to sell a console.

Agriculture

Agriculture

JackEatsSparrows wrote:

Agriculture wrote:

but seriously though, the Switch is starting to lose steam. Hopefully Nintendo can regain it in 2020

January 23rd, 2019. You heard it folks, the year has ended after 23 days. Time to pack it all up.

How long before release date do Nintendo usually give? If Metroid Prime 4 doesn't have a release date or gameplay video on January 23, do you think it can be released in 2019?

Agriculture

bixente

Btw nothing about the new SteamWorld game? That looks very good also, have yet to be disappointed by a game in this series.

Friend code

SW-0378-6005-8904

redd214

Agriculture wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Ports are a nice bonus, but hardly something you can rely on to sell a console.

Out of the 9 games @IceClimbers mentioned only one was a port lol. Meanwhile the port of Mario Kart is selling at a record breaking pace.

I'm sure 2019 will be fine, way too early to declare its a failure imo

redd214

1UP_MARIO

@DannyBoi I have a feeling in the next 24 to 48 hours.

DannyBoi

@1UP_MARIO So 24thish then?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

1UP_MARIO

@DannyBoi fingers cross

link3710

@Agriculture Can MP4 be announced for 2019? Yes, theoretically it could be announced as late as September for a December release. That said, most of the time we know all the major titles for the year by E3. For example, last year Super Mario Party and Pokemon Let's Go were confirmed as 2018 titles around that time, and the same for Super Mario Odyssey and Metroid: Samus Returns in 2017. I'd wager we'll almost certainly find out about at least 2 major titles releasing in May/June again this year as well.

All that said? I think Metroid Prime 4 will be a 2021 game, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

link3710

DannyBoi

I watched the indie highlights. I think it was good. Goat Simulator on SwitchXD!

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

troy258

I know that metroid prime 4 is an important game for switch, but it's not the only game releasing on Switch. If metroid prime 4 isn't releasing this year it isn't automatically a bad year....

troy258

embison

I still think we get a Metorid port before MP4. And I've a weird gut feeling it will be Other M and not MP Trilogy.

The Wii U is still the world's best console. Buy one today!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic