Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 421 to 440 of 1,121

bixente

Indies not given enough credit here. Some of the Switch's best games are Indies (Hollow Knight, Celeste, Golf Story etc.) I sunk over 100 hours into Hollow Knight, way more value than Kirby's five hours of gameplay to completion has to offer....

Friend code

SW-0378-6005-8904

troy258

@bixente I like indies but I don't think they should be the main focus. The problem is that everyone is looking forward to the big games of this year like animal crossing, Daemon x machina and Fire emblem, and everyone was anticipating a direct in which we would hear more about these games. Instead we got an indies presentation. That's the reason that so many people are dissapointed or angry. I don't mind getting the indies presentation now, because I know Nintendo will have some quality indie titles like battle chef brigade, into the breach, hollow knight and celeste. But Fire emblem was one of the reasons I bought a switch and it was slated to release in 2018 and unfortunatly got pushed to spring 2019 which wasn't a problem for me because I know Nintendo wants to put out a quality game, but I want to know more about it. Maybe it has been delayed to summer? I don't know and that's the problem for many people not knowing what's coming. And last year we only got a mini direct but we knew that hyrule warriors, donkey kong tropical freeze, Mario tennis aces, Ys VIII, payday 2 and kirby star allies were comming in the spring. Now we have yoshi, Final fantasy X X-2, 12 and dragon's dogma. Which is less than last year. We still love Nindies but we buy a Switch for Nintendo games, and I'm not saying that they shouldn't do the presentation, I'm just saying they could have done a direct first and a Nindies presentation after.

troy258

bixente

Fair enough

Friend code

SW-0378-6005-8904

Ryu_Niiyama

Pretty stoked for the Indie direct. Indies have been wrecking my bank account over the past 4 years or so and I'm looking forward to a wargroove release date.

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

bluemage1989

Strangers Wrath details would be cool.

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: Super Smash Bros: Ultimate, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Arms and Mario Odyssey.

N64: Top Gear Rally.

Mega Drive: Streets of Rage 1, 2 and 3.

SNES: F Zero and Donkey Kong Country.

nintendobynature

I just hope we get a release date for bloodstaind RoTN.. and I'm hoping it's February

nintendobynature

TheLZdragon

2019 is doomed because no direct in first few weeks.

Can't beat this mindset

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon 2 Rank: Splat S+, Rain S, Tower S

My Eeveeloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | 3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

DannyBoi

Apparently update 7.0.0-30 is dropping soon according to dataminers.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

troy258

The indie highligh was unnecassary in my opinion. Although Steamworld quest, crosscode and wargroove are really exciting. They only showed off 6 new games (we already knew about wargroove, and goat simulator has been out for years.). Goat simulator isn't a bad game but It isn't my type of game. I feel like in this presentation there wasn't a lot of quality. Something like subnautica, hades, Return of the Obra Dinn or Papers please would have helped.

troy258

redd214

@troy258 I agree, nothing really exciting for me either. Ended up skipping through most of it.

redd214

Ryu_Niiyama

welp got my wargroove release date so I'm happy as a clam, but there are a few other games in the presentation that have sparked my interest. I'll be hoarding eshop credit for a bit.

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

1UP_MARIO

Tommorow will be a better day

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

As gamers we never die. We always have spare 1ups here and there and everywhere

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

Alantor28

DannyBoi wrote:

@Whitewatermoose I doubt we will get a big direct. I can see 2019 being another dissapointing year.

Dude, 2019 is gonna be a great year. Even if you don't like the indies, there's still great games coming to Switch.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698

1UP_MARIO

History tells us.
Any year a mainline yoshi game comes out is always a great year.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

As gamers we never die. We always have spare 1ups here and there and everywhere

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

troy258

2019 Isn't going to be a bad year even if there are some delays. The problem is if Sony has a delay they have a lot of third-party support to fill up the gaps. Don't get me wrong Nintendo still has third party support but if Nintendo has a delay it's more noticeable. I'm confident we will at least get fire emblem and deamon x machina this year.

Edited on by troy258

troy258

bixente

Inmost looks really cool.

Friend code

SW-0378-6005-8904

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic