Forums

Topic: Super Mario Odyssey

Posts 1,041 to 1,060 of 2,057

Octane

@Tsurii I think we all got lucky. Now I don't feel special anymore.

Tsurii wrote:

Amiibo Festival...

Why?

Octane

GoldenGamer88

@Tsurii Amiibo Festival? Do you like torturing yourself?

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Haru17

Few games both inspire the necessary level of animosity and remain unnoticed enough for things like this to pop up in the first few rows of Google Image search results.

Untitled

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Late

Downloaded it today, now I just need to wait. I'm glad I've been able to avoid spoiling myself. I know next to nothing about this game. Sure, I've watched the trailers so I know about the worlds but I haven't watched any gameplay videos except a brief look at Nintendo Treehouse when they were showing it for the first time. I saw them collecting one moon in New Donk City. That's pretty much the only moon I know about and from what I can tell from the trailers, there are lot of them. Can't wait to discover all the secrets on my own.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

GoldenGamer88

@Tsurii Well, being an amiibo collector myself, that‘s something I can get behind! Still, what an awful, awful game. Not even the materials used on the box and disc are deserving of being used for such a horrid product.

@Late Despite having watched most of that live stream, I have forgotten every single Moon placement lol. I must‘ve been at awe of the game itself the entire time.

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

AccessibleDaydream

@AlternateButtons kinda sidestepping the question, but if Amazon doesn’t get it to you by Friday, call Amazon’s support and explain the situation to them. They’ll get you taken care of, likely with a credit or free month of Prime.

So, yeah, order from Amazon with two-day shipping (release-date delivery). Plus, you can save 20% with a Prime membership (or free trial).

AccessibleDaydream

Switch Friend Code: SW-2307-0614-2423 | My Nintendo: Dj64Mk7 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter:

OorWullie

Odyssey is currently 9th place in the Eshop charts. I wonder if it can get to 1st before the 27th?

Just checked the US charts there and it's currently in 3rd place.I expect it'll be 1st by tomorrow. Not bad for a game that's not even out yet.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

CroRock

Preordered my copy from base.com from UK and got email today it will be dispatched soon.. and I’m from Croatia. Ill be happy as New Year if it arrives next week! 😡

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

rk3388

Cancelled my Amazon and Best Buy pre-orders because they didn't guarantee to come on launch (and no shipping on weekends in Canada) - I phoned Best Buy and they said they had 96 copies coming in! ... And then followed to say they often don't get them delivered for release ugh. I just want to spend my weekend playing Odyssey

Any Canadians have advice? I got my switch on launch from Walmart with Zelda so that might be reliable?

rk3388

Octane

@rk3388 Why not drive to Best Buy yourself? I mean, 96 sounds like plenty of stock. I don't think they will sell out.

Octane

Hughesy

Mine has dispatched, but as it’s Amazon it won’t come until release day☹️

Switch friend code: SW-3225-7165-4815

TuVictus

The only time I got a game early was when Amazon delivered my FF15 copy a day ahead of schedule. It was pretty exciting at the time, haha.

I'm happy some of you got yours early! I'm super envious.

EDIT: Apparently a Nintendo rep said the game outputs at 1080p while docked? I know DF recorded 900p for the demo, so I wonder if it's some sort of day 1 update or something.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Ralizah

I've debated canceling my Amazon preorder and just preloading the game, but I really would like to save space on my SD card. Now I'm nervous about canceling since they're apparently in the process of preparing it for shipment.

Whatever. It's still supposed to arrive on Friday. Haven't felt like this since Breath of the Wild, although my excitement about that was intermingled with my excitement about finally getting the Switch on launch day.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Have I not yet given you the speel on GCU? 😆 Surely I have.

Just a reminder.

20% off GCU discount
$10 back in rewards preorder bonus
5% back with BestBuy credit card
collectible Mario coin preorder bonus
even more swag for midnight launch

Just your friendly "BestBuy is the only place anyone should buy Mario Odyssey" reminder 😁

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

rk3388

@Octane They said they have 96 copies ordered to come to the store but they are not there yet and may not be for launch. That was my problem :/ I don't mind picking it up!

rk3388

Ralizah

@JaxonH Can you pay off a preorder at Best Buy piecemeal like you can on Amazon? It's almost like online layaway, and it's a lot easier to afford expensive $60 games when I can kick a few bucks toward them here or there over a period of several months.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

1UP_MARIO

12 hours left

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

JaxonH

@Ralizah

Honestly I'm not too sure, I never usually pay attention to that stuff cause I put it all on their CC for the 5% back and just pay off the bill each month.

I believe they put a hold on the amount to ensure you can afford it, then release the funds until the item ships. But if you sign up for their CC it's a non-issue. And, even more money back in your pocket. It all adds up. $12 off with GCU, $10 back in rewards, $2.50 back from CC (more if you're Elite/Elite Plus).

And the 24 hr hold authorization would be afainst the CC so, no worries. Like I said, I just set the money aside and pay off the CC immediately each month. It's basically an extra 5% on top of 20%

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

GoldenGamer88

This is it! The final 24 hours until the clock hits midnight over central europe! We can do this! And to anyone who has already received or will receive their copy later today, I say Happy Gaming! May we, the not so lucky ones, join you soon.

veeflames

I pre-ordered through Amazon... and as I type this comment they haven't shipped it yet. And today's the "expected shipping date!"

I don't want to be downer (especially to myself), but there's a high chance I won't be playing this game come Friday evening (the earliest time I could even play this game if Amazon fulfills my pre-order, since I get home at that time). I even talked with the customer service and they claimed it will be shipped and delivered on release day. Ha, yeah right. I paid for Two-Day Shipping. Not hard to tell there's something wrong with that statement.

Oh well. It's not a totally bad thing though, beside the fact that I'll pretty much be envious of all who have the game on Friday. Any time I'm not playing Odyssey is time that I could use to do school assignments and such. Either way, I still hope that I get to start playing Odyssey on Friday.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic