Forums

Topic: Super Mario Odyssey

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 1,945

Scrummer

Since I haven't been watching a lot of Super Mario Odyssey things, I haven't seen spoilers. The only Mario things I've seen have been from one youtube channel I subscribe to, but they're very good about making sure people know there are spoilers in the video, and not putting it in the thumbnail.

Scrummer

Haru17

I won't lie, it's very relieving to hear there are a decent number of unannounced kingdoms. I'm not expecting another half of the game to suddenly materialize, but it's just good to know. One of the first things I did when I started Breath of the Wild was open up the runes menu to check my expectations. The disappointment of there only being four items plus like amiibo and camera functionality definitely set the tone for my unfulfilled expectations of that game.

I'm not spoiled as to what those kingdoms are yet FYI, this post is not meant to invite spoiler discussions.

Edited on by Haru17

Capcom Nintendo Life Community Manager

Contents are ???% sarcastic in nature.

Kimyonaakuma

@macapala Yeah there's no point in feeling disappointed about it!

There are probably plenty of other kingdoms that I haven't seen yet anyway so I'll have that to look forward to.
And at least I know that the final kingdom is good? I would have still preferred not knowing what it was though...

I seem to be invisible here, or maybe just ignored? Who knows...

OorWullie

I've been avoiding all things Odyssey too but that is going to get a lot harder come the 27th . I'll be buying the game that day but I won't really be playing it. I'm still back in the UK till some time next month and my gaming time is extremely limited. I don't want to play a game like this in short bursts here and there. Plus I want to play this beauty on the big screen with the volume pumped up and that isn't really possible till I'm back at my own place.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6101-8403-1640

Nintendo Network ID: Ar_Tee_Es

GoldenGamer88

Usually, I avoid anything regarding an exciting upcoming release, and even its franchise, for the week leading up to launch. The reason is not so much spoilers (couldn‘t care less about that and I already know all about Odyssey that I need/want to know) but the thought of reviewers and YouTubers already playing that game makes me feel, and I don‘t care how immature that might sound, jealous. Of course, these people need to do their job and I have nothing against that. Simply a bit of friendly jealousy in the vein of 'Oh, come on, man, I wanna play, too!'. Not seeing or reading anything relating to the entire franchise, in a way, is meant to ease the wait without reminding myself that there are already others playing it.

What‘s weird about the wait leading up to Odyssey‘s release (bit more than 77 hours CEST to go!) is that I have a craving for 3D Mario let‘s plays outside of watching Odyssey gameplay videos. I spend most of my days studying for an exam and binge-watching the Game Grumps and Peanutbutter Gamer play through 64, Sunshine and Galaxy.

Have a nice day/good night!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1032-2433-9303
Currently playing: Splatoon 2 (NSW), Stardew Valley (NSW)
Most anticipated: Xenoblade 2 (NSW), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

YummyHappyPills

Apparently Nintendo is taking down all the leaked footage

Switch FC: SW-5242-2997-2115

SuperJoon

Pre ordered this today, couldn't resist. Used my discount from work and got it for £33. Bargain!

SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

OorWullie

@SuperJoon It's been a good week for you. Three games for £33.02

Switch Friend Code: SW-6101-8403-1640

Nintendo Network ID: Ar_Tee_Es

GoldenGamer88

@BLP_Software The surprise of the century

GoldenGamer88

@BLP_Software If I was to blame somebody at all, I‘d blame these stupid folks leaking footage, breaking NDAs just for a quick buck and the sweet knowledge of spoiling the game for others. Hopefully all of them are getting blacklisted from ever receiving a review copy ever again. But my comment above was not meant to put a blame on anybody, let alone on Nintendo. Ninty’s well in their right for taking down those videos and truth be told, I‘m surprised they were up as long as they were.

Octane

Those videos shouldn't be on YouTube yet in the first place, so they have every right to take them down. Good on them.

Octane

YummyHappyPills

Part of it is also the broken street date in some EU countries.

Again.

Switch FC: SW-5242-2997-2115

AlternateButtons

I need to make ABSOLUTELY sure before posting anything to ask these two questions.

1. How do I embed images in this thread?

2. How do I use the spoiler tag on said images?

I want to post a spoilerish thing about the game but I want to make absolutely sure I get this right on the first try.

Want an awesome Let's Play show to watch when you're bored? Check out my new show, Alternate Buttons where we play games for your viewing pleasure! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG0IbzMJDa9hZJFTGOB8Vug/feed

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

Octane

@AlternateButtons (spoiler)insert text/image here(/spoiler)

Replace "( )" with "[ ]". Always check if the tags work, they can be a bit finicky sometimes. You can also just post the link to said image by using (url) and (/url), again replace "( )" with "[ ]". Just to play it safe, in that case people can decide for themselves whether they want to open the image or not.

Octane

Haru17

The occasional good YouTube fascism from Nintendo.

Capcom Nintendo Life Community Manager

Contents are ???% sarcastic in nature.

Operative2-0

Yep yep, in this instance it's helpful to us lol

Operative2-0

Maxz

I've ordered the Fire Engine/Post Box/London Bus/Mario's Hat Red Joy-Con set and now suddenly this game feels very real.

I'm not usually one to indulge in too many trinkets or collectibles, but the chance of getting a proper red Switch, combined with owning three proper controllers (or one proper one and four dinky ones) seemed to good to pass up.

Soon I shall have the scarlet games machine of my dreams, and a dream of a game to play on it.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: S+ | TC: S+ | RM: S+
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic