Forums

Topic: Super Mario Odyssey

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 2,057

Grumblevolcano

Generally the rule with Nintendo stuff nowadays is that Amazon and Nintendo UK Online Store are unreliable. Expect that if you preorder from either of those places you will receive your stuff at least a few days late.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Luna_110

I envy you guys - I won't get the game till Saturday.

It looks like a complete joy, we're almost there!

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

AccessibleDaydream

I've decided that if Amazon doesn't secure my copy as being delivered Friday, I will download from Nintendo eShop.

AccessibleDaydream

Switch Friend Code: SW-2307-0614-2423 | My Nintendo: Dj64Mk7 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

@Snaplocket For this game Best Buy Gamers Clubs is better. Not only do I get 20% off I also get another $10 reward for pre-ordering. Since I buy all my games there that makes Doom cost only $40 for me after tax.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Samus7Killer

@Snaplocket not nearly as good as BBGC

@Spoony_Tech agreed.. im paying 30 for Super Mario Odyssey after discounts and coupon. Comes with the Cappy Coin and A poster as well along with a 10$ certificate ill use for a future game.

Samus7Killer

Ralizah

Well, my Amazon order is on the way. I've ordered multiple difficult-to-obtain items from them over the years, such as the Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition and the version of ZTD that came with the watch. Not once have they ever let me down.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Spoony_Tech

@Snaplocket Don't need to live near one as they ship as well. I always get my games day one from them. Prime is good as well I just don't feel like paying a monthly fee whereas BB is only $30 a year.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Inertiacreep

I am actually totally hyped for this game at this point.. i wanted to get a physical copy but decided i have to wait for my check so i might as well go digital since it's only 5gb and figured Mario of all games should just be on the hard drive anyway.. so i have to wait until like 3 or 4 am Fri morning for my check to be deposited.

Inertiacreep

nintenjack

Does anybody know when this unlocks in the US tomorrow?

nintenjack

GoldenGamer88

I think hype cannot describe my feelings about this game anymore. To think the oh so conservative Ninty went back to the sandbox gameplay of Mario 64 (and Sunshine, I‘m excluding that one a bit because there were already large signs of linearity, like the fact you couldn‘t tackle any mission you wanted whenever you wanted, the literal signs pointing you the right way and that you needed to do the seventh mission of each level to unlock Bowser), my Mario. That‘s what Mario has always been to me: The freedom to tackle any mission you want, the freedom to explore the worlds and look for hidden collectibles. I know his 2D platforming days came first but that‘s not how I first encountered Mario, it was Mario 64. That‘s also where my absolute disdain of 3D Land and 3D World come from and the entire direction Nintendo took the franchise starting in the late DS era: Everything had to look and feel like NSMB. Squeaky clean, same locals and story, no matter the genre, and worse of all: No heart or soul, no experimenting. That‘s why Odyssey is also a spark of hope to me. The spark of hope of bringing Mario & Luigi, Paper Mario, Mario Party and the sports titles back to their glory days. But alas this is but a dream ....

Oh god, I‘m rambling again, right? Just ... just ignore this entire comment. I think I‘m feeling a little sentimental today, that‘s all. Little more than 18 hours CEST!

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Nalverus

amazon shipped my copyyyyyyyy

THE HYPE IS STARTING

HUZZAH!

veeflames

@Varelius Like, they shipped it now? At this time of the night?
If they did... HUH. Maybe I still have hope.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Nalverus

@Vee_Flames yes its been shipped. the warehouse it went from is doing a damn good job. on the other hand, my friend's hasn't yet. they was going

"IMPOSSIBLE. NOOOOOOOO"

edit: my only regret is that its shipping via UPS and not FedEx. FedEx always shows up at noon to 3 and UPS always shows up past 6pm.

darn it.

Edited on by Nalverus

HUZZAH!

1UP_MARIO

Dispatched.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

FX102A

Dispatched last night, hopefully 1st Class shipping pays off for arrival today. And that it fits through the mailbox

FX102A

SegaBlueSky

My copy from ShopTo in the UK has just arrived - good thing too as I'm off on holiday tomorrow! Now I wonder how much work I'll get done before I start playing...

SegaBlueSky

Octane

@GoldenGamer88 You couldn't tackle any mission in 64 either. Koopa the Quick doesn't show up unless you specifically enter the episode with him in it. It's only true for most the overworld stars that don't require a boss fight or a scripted event.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic