Forums

Topic: Super Mario Odyssey

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 2,057

Haruki_NLI

@Octane in programming it's != for doesn't not equal

Also, yes, it does. As soon as 00:00am hits on Friday 27th October, which people may consider Thursday as there is a minute differential, the game goes live.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

GoldenGamer88

@QwertyQwerty I‘ve been hearing Thursday but don‘t have an official source. But then again, I don‘t need a review to know this game‘s gonna be AMAZING!

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Octane

@QwertyQwerty Here are some reviews for ya; 10/10, masterpiece, amazing, 10!!!, five out of five stars!

Like you need to expect anything else at this point. It's a Mario game and it looks good. That's all you need to know. Just make sure you don't criticise the game after launch

Octane

1UP_MARIO

Ok. 2 more sleeps

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

TuVictus

As much as I'll love the game, yeah, not looking forward to the witch hunts on people who don't call it a masterpiece of gaming.

On a more positive note, I feel like this game is going to be what Galaxy was for the Wii and Mario 64 was for the N64. I wish I could say 3D World was -the- Mario game for the Wii U, but it felt more like a stop gap in retrospect. Super fun and well crafted, but it didn't have this feeling that Odyssey and Galaxy had. Anyway, couple more days!

TuVictus

Gamer83

@Operative2-0
I was in Best Buy the other day and noticed they had a demo for the game. I'm not ready to say it's a masterpiece and certainly won't put it up there with 64 or Galaxy before I get to complete the full game. But what I did get a chance to experience was pretty damn awesome. A few changes I'm not totally sold on yet, but I'm pretty convinced it will be one of the top 5 releases of 2017 across all platforms.

Gamer83

ValhallaOutcast

seeing some of the settings screens it shows using the two joycons separate to execute many of the motions or movements

I hope you can do everything with the Pro controller I am not a gamer that likes the hand motion stuff

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

Maxz

Shall we just preemptively have a massive rant at each other and everyone else about the absurd opinions on this game that people (may eventually) hold? Y'know, to get the ranting out of the way early? That way, we might to too tired to be very angry or affronted when the actual opinions emerge.

Anyway, let me say this; all you people who are saying it's overrated are wrong and missing out on the game of the century. Also, anyone who thinks this is the game of the century is just a dumb sheep who can't think for themselves and is too blinded by nostalgia and fanboyism to critically look at the game's flaws. Anyone who holds an opinion between these extremes is just a whishy-washy noncommittal cabbage who is wrong for thinking the game is both better and worse than it actually is.

Jim Sterling is the only guy brave to speak the truth about this game, and he is also massively wrong about everything because too busy self-indulgently nitpicking to create anything of scope or value in his review. That's why only he can be trusted. The major publications are all being paid off my Shigeru Miyamoto to give it good scores, and the ones who give it less good scores are all being paid off by Bill Gates because he hates Nintendo and loves Halo (and Microsoft Word).

Everyone's opinion on this game is wrong, especially the people who don't have an opinion, and you should all feel ashamed of yourselves.

Phew... glad to have got that out of my system.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

TuVictus

@Octane Haha I actually need to play Sunshine one day! I'm sure I'd put it up there too

TuVictus

Octane

@Operative2-0 ...what? Cancel that Odyssey pre-order and get yourself a copy of Mario Sunshine!

Octane

Octane

@QwertyQwerty Try to use spoiler tags from now on, even if it isn't officially confirmed yet. I had no idea...

Octane

GoldenGamer88

Yeah, I had heard there were this many moons. But really, as long as tasks aren‘t repeated as often as with BotW‘s Koroks, which I‘m pretty sure won‘t be the case considering collecting them Moons is the vocal point of the game while the Koroks were just side stuff, this number doesn‘t seem so bad. I feel moreso challenged by that huge number to collect 'em all, which admittedly has always been in my blood.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Haru17

@Octane I was actually asking because I was confused as to what you were trying to say...

Anyway, Twilight Princess was 'the Mario 64 of the Wii' because it launched with it.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Zeev

Have you already pre purchased Mario Odyssey with all the amiibos?

Zeev

1UP_MARIO

Untitled

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

FX102A

Was close to cancelling my preorder due to a already high credit card bill, but then my refund for a cancelled B&B night came through.

Phew! Close one!

Although the Raiden IV pre-order will have to go; though considering I don't own a PS4 its not too much of an issue. Actually, why did I order it in the first place?

FX102A

macapala

We're so close! I can't wait for speed runs of this game, a 100% run would be incredible.

FX102A wrote:

Was close to cancelling my preorder due to a already high credit card bill, but then my refund for a cancelled B&B night came through.

Phew! Close one!

Although the Raiden IV pre-order will have to go; though considering I don't own a PS4 its not too much of an issue. Actually, why did I order it in the first place?

We've all done something like that before. A few years ago I ordered a copy of Pier Solar for the Megadrive/Genesis. I didn't own the console back then and I still don't own the console now...

Edited on by macapala

I attempt to play the piano with varying degrees of success...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic