Forums

Topic: Super Mario Odyssey

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 2,057

Maxz

I've ordered the Fire Engine/Post Box/London Bus/Mario's Hat Red Joy-Con set and now suddenly this game feels very real.

I'm not usually one to indulge in too many trinkets or collectibles, but the chance of getting a proper red Switch, combined with owning three proper controllers (or one proper one and four dinky ones) seemed to good to pass up.

Soon I shall have the scarlet games machine of my dreams, and a dream of a game to play on it.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Kimyonaakuma

Red is always a great colour for consoles, they always look a lot better than the others, especially in terms of DS/3DS systems. I think my red classic controller that game with Xenoblade Chronicles is one of the best looking controllers that I have!

It's a shame that it's only the Joy Cons that are red though, if the actual Switch itself was the same it would be even better. Having the Odyssey map printed on it would have been even amazing!

Kimyonaakuma

1UP_MARIO

Untitled

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Maxz

@Kimyonaakuma I do wonder if and when we'll start seeing Nintendo being particularly inventive with the design of the Switch unit itself. They're clearly not 100% opposed to the idea, as we've already seen some subtle decorations added to the console for the Monster Hunter XX bundle:

Untitled

However, it still retains its standard 'slate black' colouring, rather than trying anything too fancy.

My guess is that it'll be a while until we see the main unit in any other colour than its current colour way on account of the fact that, 'black goes with everything', and Nintendo will be more keen to push the mass consumption of Joy-Cons than attempting to flog off multiple systems to collectors (which they're having a hard enough time getting even single systems in a lot of people's hands).

Maybe when the system has matured a bit we'll start getting a greater variety of 'collector's editions' with more custom designs.

Given that the front of the device is mainly taken up by screen however, they're going to have a tough time making anything particularly unique looking from that angle.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Gerald

Edge has given this 10/10 review score

Edited on by Gerald

NNID: Ootfan98
3DS FC: 3909 - 7501 - 9000

Kimyonaakuma

@Maxz I think Nintendo's main focus is to get as many Switches out as possible. That will probably happen for a while, so we'll just have to get new Joy Cons while we wait.

I would expect the front of the Switch to remain the same, coloured plastic around the front might distract people from the screen itself (it doesn't on the 3DS but I feel like this would be different, but I don't own a Switch yet so what do I know). The back panel could be swapped though and maybe have some patterns on it. I personally think that the Monster Hunter one doesn't look that great, I understand that the Switch logo was in the way but just having it off to the side isn't the best idea. The dock looks great though, it's subtle but also conveys that MH style.

Nintendo seems to targeting a slightly older demographic this time around so they might try and keep it black to keep it looking clean and simple. It's in that awkward place because most Nintendo consoles don't see too many variations over their lifetime, but handhelds see a large amount of different designs. I guess we'll have to see if the 3DS has a successor, I don't see a lot of people going back to a 3DS style console after buying something more powerful like the Switch, but parents might want something more durable for their kids?

Kimyonaakuma

Haru17

It's a smart decision to not change the color of the Switch guts but rather the swappable Joy-Cons. And really, who sets their Switch face-down? You're always looking at the front of it — or not looking at it at all if it's docked — so themed Joy-Cons and Pro controllers are a good way to go.

Still surprised we didn't get any Zelda controllers. I know it was at launch, but still. It would be sick if we could get OoT/MM/TWW/TP/SS art for a Pro controller whenever those get ported over.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

GoldenGamer88

Little less than 64 hours left until friday midnight CEST! Get it? Super Mario 64? No ...? I .. I‘mma take my hat then.

@AlternateButtons Couldn‘t find a pic of that for the life of me so thanks for posting this. I‘m getting the feeling that the different costumes will be one of my favorite aspects of the game.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

TuVictus

Was doing wonderful with spoilers until a nice little user on Nintendo Everything posted random post game info in the comments section of a famitsu article. Bleh, some people are so lame.

TuVictus

Octane

Thanks for the advice. I won't read any articles from now on.

Octane

TuVictus

I feel like now people are just going into any videogame article and posting spoilers knowing how anticipated the game is. I don't watch Game of Thrones, but I remember reading random spoilers about it in things that weren't even related to the show

TuVictus

1UP_MARIO

Wahoooooo. 2 days left

Octane

I think it's still three days...

Octane

Haru17

Yeah but it's two if you don't count one of 'em.

GoldenGamer88

Wishful thinking there, eh buddy?

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

TuVictus

Well, they could be referring to the midnight release/digital release

TuVictus

Haru17

Even the midnight PST release date is still two and the better part of a third day away.

Edited on by Haru17

TuVictus

shrug I'm thinking of it as "after tomorrow"

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

1UP_MARIO

@Octane 2 more. Thursday @ 22:30 GMT

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic