Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Warriors

Posts 401 to 420 of 775

rallydefault

I've always harbored a guilty pleasure for these games, so I actually have this one on pre-order. Should get it the day of release, I'm being told - pretty excited! Just have to wrap up Golf Story before then.

rallydefault

Kimyonaakuma

@Ryu_Niiyama That's true. Hopefully they will add some extra weapons as well as characters

Kimyonaakuma

yokokazuo

@Ryu_Niiyama around 10 hours I think. And I believe I have 3 or 4 more chapters left to do which generally take about 20-30 minutes to do.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Ryu_Niiyama

@Snaplocket Bless your little heart. Do you have selective memory now? Ok, follow along. I made my initial statement, to which you @tagged me, thus speaking to me directly with a one-liner that in the US is an expression of exasperation or annoyance (I'm explaining this to you because you seem to be confused as to how you started this so I'm starting to wonder if you are an expat). To which I expressed confusion as to why you even said it in the first place seeing as my comment didn't warrant it, however given its usage in the US I didn't wish to know because quite frankly such a empty, useless response was not worth my time and it as so clearly is being shown, derails the thread needlessly. Darth happened to speculate on why you said what you did to which you AGREED with him. Which meant that my initial response to you was correct.

I again expressed confusion because Darth's speculation would require an assumption to be made and not taking what I said as its own statement. As I never said anything about not buying a game because of lack of dual audio; I only talked about what I would buy due to lack of dual audio. If you MUST know, my exasperation was due to the fact that I don't know if the worldwide release will allow me to play the game in Japanese if I use my Japanese profile (not every game switches over). Which means that is extra money I hadn't planned on spending, but since I import heavily (because I speak and read the language semi fluently) I will spend it nonetheless. If you had ASKED me I would have explained that in the first place. Now let's return to the recap.

Since you agreed with Darth's speculation, again confirming that your response was unsolicited and unwarranted, I dismissed you. To which your reply was that I didn't clearly (remember you shouted that at me) express if I would buy the NA version or not. Which again, has nothing to with what I said in the first place. I could import the European version because I want to hear it in German and that has no bearing on the fact that all my initial statement was that I was going to purchase the Japanese version at a later date due to the lack of dual audio. Either way, it was none of your business and as such my purchase plans didn't require me to clarify without being asked and you expressing annoyance based upon your assumption (I'm going to quote you here so you can keep up) "The thought that someone chose to import over a domestic release solely due to there being no dual audio annoys me" when for one I never said that...you assumed that (thus proving the adage about the word) and even if I did, who asked for your opinion? Now before you start harping again about "How dare I express my own personal thoughts on someone else's buying decisions", you directed your comment to me directly, you didn't ask for clarification and you didn't make a general or neutral statement as I did in my initial comment.

So again, if you think you can use a common turn of phrase of exasperation to someone directly and not receive a response (and yes an equally annoyed one because YOU started this not I) then you don't understand how a conversation works.

If it bothered you so much (and since you have a THREAD on it it obviously bothers you) that you had to say "give me a break" but then you want to backpedal about how I didn't "clearly" state if I was going to buy the domestic release or not then you could have asked me for clarification initially and we wouldn't be going back and forth at this point. So no, I'm not putting words in your mouth, you did that all by yourself. Has my reply to you become increasingly annoyed and snarky, why yes...however I am responding in the same manner I was spoken to.

So again, it doesn't matter what I buy or why I buy it because I'm spending my money. If I decide to only import because I prefer the Japanese seiyuu or don't like the translation that is my choice and doesn't require your input unless you want to open a dialog about it...which you didn't. Next time you want to make a comment...erroneously might I add directly to me, then you can either open a discussion in a normal fashion or like I said you can buy my games for me and then I will be more than happy to make choices more in line with what you like. Now thank you for needlessly derailing the thread. Shoo fly, don't bother me. Have a nice day.

@yokokazuo Ok so if you are around 10 hours, given my work schedule I suspect I'll take around 20 or so...ugh not going to beat this before Mario. I just know Mario is going to last me til the end of the year...sigh. Ah well the good thing about musou is you can pick it up whenever. I apologize for the housecleaning above.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

Thanks for posting that review.

Wow, I'm feeling so much excitement for this game now! It looks incredible. Not just a good fan service game but a great game, period.

Maybe I should schedule a vacation day for the Monday following release and make it a nice, long Fire Emblem Warriors weekend...

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TheLegendOfLaser

I'm interested in seeing which characters will be added through the DLC Packs. Personally I think the rosters character choices while fitting felt unsurprising. All of the move sets look great though. While I'm a little disappointed that there aren't DLC Packs for other Fire Emblem games like The Sacred Stones, I think using the already established games featured in Fire Emblem Warriors could potentially give us some more interesting move sets. There's also potential for more DLC after the 3 announced packs, or even a sequel which they've shown interest in doing. Considering Hyrule Warriors got a second game, even if it was kind of a port I think Fire Emblem Warriors has a good chance for a sequel if it sells well.

"Squirtle!" - Squirtle
Currently playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest, Super Mario 3D World, SSB4, and Paladins.

Grumblevolcano

@TheLegendOfLaser Hyrule Warriors Legends probably only existed because the Wii U's install base was too small. If Wii U's install base was more comparable to the rate Switch is going then the content of Legends would likely have been just more DLC for the Wii U version.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Kimyonaakuma

@Grumblevolcano While I agree with you that Legends only exists because the Wii U had a small install base, I don't think the extra content would have ever been made at all.

The Wind Waker content seems like a leftover concept from the Wii U version, it probably would have appeared as a fourth gate of souls in the part of the story where the group splits up. However 4 splits does seem a bit too much and Wind Waker doesn't have a secondary villain like the other three games, so there wouldn't be a boss to fight in the second level.

I think Linkle's story could have been a rejected concept that was revived after the internet was convinced that Botw could have a female Link, showing Nintendo that there was a demand for it. It's also another way to tie in the DLC characters from the original.

As for the DLC content from Legends they are based on the handheld games which makes sense seeming as the original had a focus on console games. Skull Kid kind of seems out of place compared to the rest of the roster but he wasn't really related to the rest of any of the other cast members. I guess the success of Majora's Mask 3D was finally a good enough reason

Kimyonaakuma

roy130390

@JaxonH Glad to help!
Yeah, I wasn't planning to get it, but the review got me really hyped for it. Xander looks really powerful and fun to use (everyone does but he looks even more...godly).

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Tyranexx

JaxonH wrote:

Thanks for posting that review.

Wow, I'm feeling so much excitement for this game now! It looks incredible. Not just a good fan service game but a great game, period.

Maybe I should schedule a vacation day for the Monday following release and make it a nice, long Fire Emblem Warriors weekend...

This reflects my thoughts quite well, and the irony is that I took a vacation day the Monday after this releases (though not for the game lol).

I wonder who will be my go-to character this time....In Hyrule Warriors, that honor usually fell between Impa and Sheik.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Beedrill4Smash

My go to will be Corrin, but that may change when an person of the eccentric type becomes playable.

Beedrill4Smash

JaxonH

Idk who I'll play as. There's so many characters I like. I'll probably do a Cordelia/Lissa/Chrom/Frederick combo and a Corrin/Camilla/Xander/Ryoma combo. And once I get some unlocks, a Celica/Anna/Tiki/Lucina combo. But also Caeda/Marth and gosh, I'll just play with everyone, how's that 😄

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

yokokazuo

@Tyranexx huh, Impa was one of my favourites in Warriors, but I wasn’t much of a fan of Sheik.

The Shadow Dragon units are some of my favourites, but overall everyone is pretty fun to use for me. I think Tiki is my personal favourite, but I’m also looking forward to getting Lyn.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Kimyonaakuma

I had turns playing as everyone in Hyrule Warriors but my favourites were Ghirahim and Sheik. I didn't really prefer the big, slow characters like Darunia so I'm guessing I'll avoid their FE Warriors equivalent.

I'm hoping there isn't a character like Agitha because she was a pain to play as. Riding a butterfly is nice but it would take forever to deal damage

Kimyonaakuma

Tyranexx

Kimyonaakuma wrote:

I didn't really prefer the big, slow characters like Darunia so I'm guessing I'll avoid their FE Warriors equivalent.

Same here. I wanted to like playing as Darunia, but that type of playstyle didn't really click with me.

@yokokazuo: To summarize, I liked how you could change the element of Sheik's attacks. I found that to be quite useful.

As for Lyn, when I play FE Warriors, I'm almost sure she'll be one of my go-to units. She was my favorite character from FE7 (though Hector was a close second).

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Grumblevolcano

I think Celica too and I really liked Shadows of Valentia. I really hope it sold well enough for more remakes of Japan exclusives.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Kimyonaakuma

@Tyranexx Yeah I never really enjoy the slow characters. I find the "heavy" characters in fighting games impossible to enjoy.

I haven't managed to figure out who the Darunia of FE Warriors is yet from trailers. I would naturally think of Camilla filling that role but Tiki seems kind of slow due to her dragon gimmick and animations. I'll have to play it for myself to figure that out

@Grumblevolcano I think Echoes was amazing but there were of course some flaws (boring maps in dungeons, some of the most heavy handed foreshadowing I think I've seen in a game ect).

I'm expecting a new Switch title or two first so that they have a good amount of experience with the new console and engine. After that I would hope for a remake of Genealogy of the Holy War or Thracia 776, after all they would basically count as new titles to a western audience but would probably require a little less effort on their part.

Kimyonaakuma

JaxonH

@Kimyonaakuma

Oh that would be so awesome. I love Holy War and Thracia 776. In fact I just started playing Holy War again on SNES Classic (the recent Project Naga translation). Never did get too far in either game, because I always end up switching the platform I'm playing it on and start over. But they're both really great games. A different feel than the GBA entries. A remake of those games in the vein of Shadows of Valentia would be a dream.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.