Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Warriors

Posts 421 to 440 of 775

JaxonH

Not sure if anyone posted but, this unboxing of the special edition and amiibo is great.

The amiibo have the same base as the Alm and Celica amiibo, so they match nicely. And the special edition cards are insanely nice. There like the size of an iPad mini, glossed foil and really shiny with a card for each character. Now I'm going to want to display each one of them and I don't have room on my Fire Emblem display shelf.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TheLegendOfLaser

@Grumblevolcano The main reason I think a Fire Emblem Warriors sequel has a chance is because the people developing this one said that they want to make a sequel with characters from games like the Tellius ones. I think they even said in an interview that they are saving Roy and Ike for a sequel, or at least they'd be involved in the story of a sequel.

"Squirtle!" - Squirtle
Currently playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest, Super Mario 3D World, SSB4, and Paladins.

Grumblevolcano

@TheLegendOfLaser DLC is key here. The developers said after the already confirmed DLC, future DLC is down to the fanbase and that's where we'll see lots of older characters. There's no need to create sequels on the same platform as the original if you can just expand existing games, that's why games like Mario Kart 9 shouldn't exist on Switch.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TheLegendOfLaser

@Grumblevolcano You are right. I think there's a chance either one could happen, but they might make a sequel to improve on things from previous entries. But they could also just develop DLC to represent older games and leave it at that. I'd personally be okay with either one, as long as they add enough new content to the potential sequel.

"Squirtle!" - Squirtle
Currently playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest, Super Mario 3D World, SSB4, and Paladins.

yokokazuo

@Tyranexx ah, I see. Had kind of forgotten about that.
I think Sheik just never felt right for me, generally preferred the play styles of most other characters.

@Kimyonaakuma I don’t think any character has really felt slow to me at least.
Darunia was also a character I didn’t like too much, but I haven’t really had a problem with any character.
Tiki is pretty fun outside of her Dragon form and she can put her musou gauge into her Awakening one to use her dragon form easier.

Fliers do feel a bit different though, but I love them for their great mobility. There are also some parts where gaps block your way on foot, but flying units (including a transformed Tiki) are able to fly over them for some short cuts.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Beedrill4Smash

@yokokazuo Does this game have the kind of map design were you will be right beside your next destination, but you are blocked by a cliff/wall?
Other Warriors games do this to some extent, and while in the grand scheme of things it isn't too bad, every time it happens I'm driven up a wall.

Beedrill4Smash

Tyranexx

@Kimyonaakuma: Personally the only heavy fighter I've liked in any fighting game was Ganondorf in Smash. He never seemed to control too badly for me, though I may be a tad biased since he's one of my favorite villains of all time.

Past that though, I'm not a fan of heavy characters. I suppose there's an audience for them, but I'm not part of it lol.

@yokokazuo: I'll admit that it took me a bit to warm up to Sheik, but after I got used to the playstyle, I found the elemental flexibility to be quite fun! I liked many of the characters, though I felt like I was almost cheating when using Ganondorf; I don't think I ever lost a battle using him.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Kimyonaakuma

@JaxonH I've played a decent amount of Holy War but eventually got caught up in other games. Thracia 776 is supposedly really good too. We can only hope that they remake them but they might as well, Heroes has probably raised the profile of the games already.

I was initially worried for Shadows of Valentia seeming as it was due to release very soon after the announcement, making me think it could of been rushed. However it was an amazing game and I think if IS can look back on older games and learn from them then maybe the old classic FE fans might be a little happier (seems unlikely though ). I was interested to see the character artist change for Echoes but I'm not sure if it's permanent. I liked Hidari's character portraits but I think the pre-rendered scenes looked better in Fates. I'm not sure if that's to do with the artist change or maybe there was a smaller budget, who knows?

@yokokazuo I'm happy that none of the characters have seemed too slow! I'm excited to use the flying characters but I didn't know that they had shortcuts.
I think Tiki might be one of the better characters, especially if her dragon form is really different, I didn't even know that it could fly! Yay!

@Tyranexx Smash isn't really my kind of game so I can't comment on that, but his trident in Hyrule Warriors was really fun to use...even if it was extremely overpowered

Kimyonaakuma

roy130390

Erm... just being curious... am I the only one who will get this on New 3DS?

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Grumblevolcano

@Kimyonaakuma I think the most likely way of satisfying both groups of fans would be to alternate between new and Echoes. So something like this starting with what's already known (Fates, Shadows of Valentia):

• Fates
  • Shadows of Valentia
  • Switch FE
  • FE6 remake
  • 2nd new Switch FE
  • FE4 remake

...and so on.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Kimyonaakuma

@roy130390 I'm still on the fence. I would like to play it as soon as possible on 3DS but I'm probably better off waiting until I buy a Switch. I'll see how tempted I feel on release day.

@Grumblevolcano Seems like a good plan for them after the success of Echoes. I guess it depends on how much they change things up for the Switch version.

Kimyonaakuma

Tyranexx

@roy130390: Considering the fact that I still rock the original 3DS, I find it highly unlikely that I'll get that version (at least for a while). I was hoping to find a decent Black Friday deal for a N3DS, but with how my laptop is acting up, I'll probably be replacing that instead.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

roy130390

@Tyranexx Oh yeah I remember that you also planned to upgrade your original model. Sorry to hear about your laptop mate, I did get my New 3DS normal size and even managed to get the pokemon 20th anniversary edition for a couple more bucks thanks to a friend that traveled to the US. I'm really happy with it.

@Kimyonaakuma @Meowpheel I'm pretty happy with the performance from what I've seen and there's still a lot of time before I get a Switch, so I'm definitely getting this one on the New 3DS, considering that I never played Hyrule Warriors and that I'm a big fan of the FE series.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

maelis

Hello!

I want to ask a question :
i am hesitating between buying this game or nights of azure 2. The reason for it is that i would prefer to choose the game that would have the most dialogues and be the longest game.
I will be buying xenoblade and mario but i would love to play either of this 2 games too^^ i think quality wise, fire emblem looks really good.
that being said, judging by nights of azure 1, the 2nd game will have dialogues and text throughout all the story and that is a +.
i have never played a fire emblem game before, so does this one has a lot of text and dialogues, and is it long?
if you would compare to zelda BOTW, it has more dialogues and texts?

thank you

Edited on by maelis

maelis

Kimyonaakuma

@maelis I would say that Nights of Azure 2 will probably have more dialogue but Fire Emblem Warriors will be a longer game to complete.
Fire Emblem Warriors will have dialogue and cutscenes with voice acting but it's not the main focus. Most of the dialogue will be during the story mode, which is small compared to the rest of the game.

Warriors games always take a long to complete but you have to do similar missions over and over again, so you'll have to accept that you might leave the game for a while to take a break.
However if you really enjoy it then you'll be busy for hours, and they'll add more characters with DLC and free updates!

Kimyonaakuma

Grumblevolcano

I'm pretty sure FE Warriors will add more History mode scenarios too with the DLC.

Grumblevolcano

yokokazuo

Don't really know much about Nights of Azure, but just playing through the main story of FE Warriors probably takes around 20 hours, but then there are other difficulty modes to complete and several History maps which also allow you to unlock more things in the game. Haven't really touched History mode yet, but I am just about done the main story now. Currently around 15+ hours.

yokokazuo

Kimyonaakuma

@yokokazuo Are there a lot of different maps in the game? And would you say that most of them are based on the kingdom that the new characters are from (Aytolis?) or are most from older games?
I remember getting bored with Hyrule Warriors because there were a lot of missions but they were all on the same maps

Kimyonaakuma

yokokazuo

@Kimyonaakuma I'd say there are a good amount of maps. Did play on one particular map a couple times, but the rest have all been different. Some are in Aytolis, but there are also others that are based on ones from Shadow Dragon, Awakening and Fates. Not necessarily exact maps, but you can kind of see the inspiration sometimes. And maybe history mode will have maps that more closely resemble those in the other games, but as I said before, I haven't really touched it yet so I can't really say.

yokokazuo

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.