Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Warriors

Posts 381 to 400 of 608

MarcelRguez

Dropped the ball with the first DLC, if you ask me. Need more Tellius and Elibe reps. I don't think I'll be getting the game until all the DLC is done (and depending on what includes, on sale), but I'm still slightly interested.

As an observation: man, the SNES FE fans get the short end of the stick every time, huh? What was the last time those games were even acknowledged? Awakening's DLC, I guess? Brawl's stickers before that?

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Tsurii

JaxonH wrote:

DLC confirmed.

Fates DLC later this year, Shadow Dragon DLC in early winter 2018, and Awakening DLC in spring 2018.

I'm guessing this is how we get missing characters like Azura, or Vaike.

¥3000 for all 3 or ¥1400/ea

Now that is actually a bit disappointing to me. I figured, with Lyn and Celica in, they'd just leave it at the Awakening and Fates characters already in and maybe do another pack for Shadow Dragon, to have those guys' number around the same as 13 and 14's representation, An Echoes pack for the most recent Fire Emblem and a third one with more popular characters like Ike, that crappy brat Roy, Eliwood etc

I guess I got one of those three, and I can live with more Awakening, but even more Fates characters is actually really annoying me.

Edited on by Tsurii

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

3DS FC 4313-4260-0008
Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221

TheLZdragon

Grumblevolcano wrote:

while some of Young Link's moveset is based on Majora's Mask, he's technically an Ocarina of Time character

Some? It's mostly Majora's Mask, especially since his specials involve FD Link. Also, YL tends to be in FD form more often than not

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon 2 Rank: Splat S+, Rain S, Tower S

My Eeveeloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | 3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Grumblevolcano

@MarcelRguez SNES overall would be FE Warriors (Mystery of the Emblem is a SNES game), regarding FE4 and FE5 specifically it would be FE Heroes (characters like Reinhardt are in).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

CrazedCavalier

@JaxonH It's not that past characters aren't as popular (look at the CYL poll); it's that IS deems them less exploitable (with the sole exception of Lyn).

They've undone every bit of goodwill including Lyn and Celica got them. The omnipresent belief was that other games would get representation through DLC. But they've killed that.
I feel like this may be a rude awakening for IS.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

Grumblevolcano

@CrazedCavalier Earlier in this thread there was something about Nintendo requesting some characters for FE Warriors, I think those requests were Lyn and Celica.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Kimyonaakuma

CrazedCavalier wrote:

IS deems them less exploitable (with the sole exception of Lyn).

How are they exploiting Lyn exactly?

Kimyonaakuma

JaxonH

@CrazedCavalier
The poll shows Awakening and Fates with as many votes as every other game... combined.

If you're just looking at one or two specific characters, then sure. But generally speaking if you're going to look at adding groups of characters, the pre-3DS entries just aren't nearly as popular.

I actually thought they'd add older characters with DLC myself. But, that was also before they had revealed Lyn, Celica, Anna, Tiki (and I'd be shocked... no, I'd be amazed if Ike wasn't announced).

They've got plenty of goodwill from me just for making a Fire Emblem warriors game.

PLAYING
Splatoon 2 ..... MHXX ..... Mario Kingdom Battle..... Arms

AWAITING
Fire Emblem [Switch] ..... Metroid Prime 4 [Switch] ..... Mario Odyssey [Switch] ..... Xenoblade 2 [Switch] ..... MH World [X1X] ..... Metroid Samus Returns [3DS] ..... Ni No Kuni 2 [PS4]

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

DarthNocturnal

FEW... without Ike? What's next? Smash 5 without Captain Falcon?

EDIT: Suddenly, this games acronym feels appropriate; it has too “few“ of the characters from older games.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8422-1116

Kimyonaakuma

@Meowpheel I've never noticed it, I thought Camilla was there to fill that role anyway...

Kimyonaakuma

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal No, Smash 5 will replace Ike with Chrom and Roy with the main character of FE Switch.

Grumblevolcano

MarcelRguez

Ike has to be in the main game. I know Japan doesn't care for the Tellius games at all, but come on.

@Grumblevolcano True that, I always think MotE is a NES title for some reason. Completely forgot Heroes even existed, to be honest.

MarcelRguez

DarthNocturnal

@MarcelRguez

I'm hoping they'll throw in a few other Tellius characters while they're at it. Soren with Wind Magic, Micaiah for some Light magic rep, maybe a Laguz character.

But, yeah, we'll be lucky to get Ike, by the looks of things.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8422-1116

Grumblevolcano

I'm expecting Merric for Wind Magic.

Grumblevolcano

Meowpheel

Kimyonaakuma wrote:

Meowpheel I've never noticed it, I thought Camilla was there to fill that role anyway...

Haha it was mostly a joke. Though for real the only character I've seen so far with noticeable jiggle physics is Lyn. I guess they can get away with it because she just wears a simple tunic.

Edited on by Meowpheel

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Kimyonaakuma

@Meowpheel After watching the trailer again it is certainly noticeable, although it doesn't really seem necessary seeming as she's basically showing most of her legs already.
I agree with you that the tunic is probably the reason, everyone else has armour to...err... hold things in place?

Kimyonaakuma

Beedrill4Smash

The first DLC is Fates, Awakening, and Shadow Dragon again?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....Aw I made myself sad. So what is KT? Did you realize that fates cast sucked and needed to fix it ( this comment is pent up anger against Elise and Sakura)? I wish the Awakening DLC was fist though. I'm gonna guess 5 characters per game, which may be optimistic. The DLC is gonna be very disappointing to me if they only include 2 characters, in which case the first two characters I state in the list are the ones I feel are shoe ins.

Awakening- Gaius, Tharja, Vaike, Lon'qu(?), and Panne(?)
Fates-Azura, Kaze/Saizo/Jakob/Felecia, Silas, Benny(?), Keaton/Kaden(?)
Shadow Dragon (All of these will be shots in the dark)- Cain/Abel, Draug, Ogma, Legion, and Michalis.
The ones with (?) are characters I'm biased for.

Beedrill4Smash

CrazedCavalier

@Kimyonaakuma She's got 3 versions in Heroes-- for how often people mock Lucina's 4, that's only one less.
And there's the fact she's included in the game; IS was shocked that Lyn beat Lucina in the CYL, so they're putting effort into her as well.

@JaxonH Anna is a joke done to death that only really qualifies as a "character" in newer games. And both Lyn and Celica were likely last-minute additions; Tiki was always a shoe-in due to legacy popularity.
While I'm not saying that recent characters aren't more popular, it's also worth mentioning that this was before Heroes. Far more people have some level of familiarity with older characters and would be interested/accepting of them.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

MarcelRguez

@CrazedCavalier It would be interesting to see character usage data from Heroes, to see if people actually use a wide range of characters or just stick to their favorites. From what I see on Twitter, not many people celebrate getting someone like Ogma, it's all about the (post-Awakening) waifus.

MarcelRguez

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic