Forums

Topic: FIFA 18 Switch

Posts 381 to 400 of 645

gcunit

@OorWullie Hold up handing out too much help until I've picked up a copy and had a chance at whupping him a few times, please. Used prices are getting close to my magic number so it shouldn't be long now.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Leon_Kennedy

JaxonH wrote:

Huh, see I am absolutely horrible at the game and even on amateur I can barely score a goal lol, from a distance or otherwise

Stick with it, I wasn’t too bad to begin with but I’ve a lot of practice of footy games over the years, even then I’ve got far better through practice.

I’d make sure you have a go at all the skills games if you haven’t already done so, even if you dont beat them they help get the hang of things.

I’d also recommend practicing with some really good teams to begin with like Barcelona etc, as it can be quite frustrating if your struggling along with poor teams. I found going a good team helps you get the feel of the game.

Leon_Kennedy

Spoony_Tech

Are we sure @JaxonH didn't write that article?? 😱😃

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Leon_Kennedy
Check and check. The very first thing I did was do all the skill games at least two or three times each. I'm getting there... slowly.

@Spoony_Tech
What, you mean they didn't credit me as the author? 👀

Why those no good [mumble mumble]...

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

There's an update available now (1.0.2), maybe Nintendo Life will post the patch notes soon.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

OorWullie

@Grumblevolcano Copied from the description under a YouTube video.

Addressed the following issues in Gameplay:
-Some players would get the same Pre-Match Skill Game before every match.
-The Attempts counter was missing in the Beat Your Main Skill Game.
-The wrong button callouts were highlighted in the FIFA Trainer when performing crosses.

Addressed the following issues in FIFA Ultimate team:
-Some Squad Building Challenges were missing art.
-Text would sometimes overlap on the Squad Building Challenges requirements screen.

Addressed the following issues in Online Modes:
-Multiple issues related to changing control types going into, during, and leaving matches.
-Some of the text was hard to read on the Team Select screens in Local Seasons.
-An issue where the country flags on the leaderboards would be incorrect.
-The pause timer overlay would stay on the players screen after leaving an online match.

Addressed the following issues in Career Mode:
-Prize money was not being correctly awarded for competitions in certain situations.
-An issue, in Player Career, where the game would crash going into a Pre-Season Tournament match if your Pro was injured.

Made the following changes in Audio / Visual / Presentation:
-Updated the Chile National Team kits and crest to be authentic.

Addresssed the following issues Audio / Visual / Presentation:
-The ball would sometimes be invisible in the Pre-Match Cinematics.
-The 3D player image was missing from the Create Player flow.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

JaxonH

Wonder if the checkered face bug has been fixed. Also no online with friends, despite NBA 2K18 patching that in. Not that I care or would ever use it, but it would be nice for others

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

gcunit

Having had the game for a few days now, I can see how EA embraced HD Rumble. They programmed the game so that every other shot you have hits the woodwork, at least in the skill games anyway.

I also notice that this game has inherited the extremely annoying habit from Wii U's FIFA 13 when searching for an online match by saying 'Opponent found' and then hanging for ages before the oh-so predictable 'Connection lost' (is this common to all versions of FIFA, or are Nintendo versions just lucky?). So far I've actually had less success finding online matches than when I was on the Wii U version. Time of day plays a part, I know, but I'm aching for games.

Edited on by gcunit

DonJahnson

loving Fifa on Switch, anyone wants to add me (and try and beat my skill challenge leaderboards )my Switch code is 8390 2978 7201, insta is jahnson11 aswell. Peace out

Switch code 8390 2978 7201 (UK'ers only please)
Instagram - Jahnson11

Hughesy

Wow I’m never letting it snow ingame again, my framerate has tanked to sub 30 whilst docked. It’s pretty much unplayable, first time in a match it has snowed, but from now on I won’t allow it to as it’s terrible.

Switch friend code: SW-3225-7165-4815

DizzyDee81

So I ain't going through all these comments... I just want to know if FIFA 18 on the Switch has microtransactions? Like NBA2k18... Because if it does I'm not buying it.

Pitifully predictable, Correctly political

Hughesy

DizzyDee81 wrote:

So I ain't going through all these comments... I just want to know if FIFA 18 on the Switch has microtransactions? Like NBA2k18... Because if it does I'm not buying it.

For career mode no it doesn’t. For ultimate team which is a type of online thing then yes. But for normal single player career it doesn’t

Edited on by Hughesy

Switch friend code: SW-3225-7165-4815

Soroush2023

is it possible that play online with friend in future?anyone heard about that maybe EA fix it in next update?

Soroush2023

Twitter:

Qwertyninty

Doubt it. Let’s just be honest here. I could be wrong but I don’t see any of ea big titles coming to switch. I also don’t see them patching something like that in. At most we can hopefully get a live and madden games next year. Those won’t be feature for feature as other version. They will do just enough on switch to say looked we tried and supported the console.

Qwertyninty

Gameplay_Matters

Hi guys, I bought this game when it was released but never got to actually dive into it. I started a career as a player, but so far all I can do is practice mode and repeat the same annoying training circuits. I have spent around 20 weeks in the game just doing training and the trainer keeps saying that I have not been picked to play in the game.
WTF is this?? Is this how it's supposed to be or am I doing something wrong? It seems to me like this is terrible game design. Please tell me I am doing something wrong.

I know I could simulate the training and skip ahead, but the CPU performs so terrible that my player is not advancing.

Gameplay_Matters

OorWullie

@Switchcraft Do you want to play a career as just one player on the pitch or the traditional way, controlling the whole team?Sounds like you've chose the former when setting up the career mode, I forget what it's called, My Player or something. if you want to play traditional career mode where you coach, make transfers as well as play each game then choose Manager mode during set up.

Manager mode is great BTW, lot more to it than previous Nintendo FIFA's. You get to play straight away,there's pre season friendly's and tournaments for you to assess your squad.

Edit : just read your comment again as I had just woke up. I'm not sure about playing a career just as one player, I've never tried it. I've played a few random matches thus way and didn't like it.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Gameplay_Matters

@OorWullie Thanks!
Yes, I created an avatar and I wanted to play him in the games, but so far I didn't even have the chance to. I didn't know that you can also actively play in Manager mode. I guess that is probably the main career mode then, I will try it out. I was scared of the Manager Mode because (even though I'm German) I am a very casual soccer fan and besides our national team I don't even know many player names.

I have another question, though. When I played FIFA 18 with a friend on his PS4, the game always made suggestions about substitutions and you only had to confirm with X during timeouts. I can't find this option. Did they cut it for the Switch?

Gameplay_Matters

Spoony_Tech

Just got this yesterday and I'm enjoying it! Game so far runs well and looks good. My only complaint is the janky player animations. While they look good while playing they don't look so good everywhere else.

Don't see what all the complaining is about missing modes. There so much to do if you want that it's a bit overwhelming. I just want to play soccer.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

gcunit

@Switchcraft There is a suggested subs option. I can't remember whether it's a one-button solution or not, but you do end up pressing X to do it I think. Just need to pause game, go to Team Management, and take it from there...

Regarding your avatar problem, you won't get much enjoyment from it until you're good enough to be picked, so one way or another you've just got to git gud.

Re. the game in general, I'm getting into it now. Played about 30 hours. FUT is a welcome addition, but the amount of times players get injured or their contracts run out add hassle that I don't really want. Constantly having to fiddle with the squad just to get enough players to start a game is not my idea of fun.

But the gameplay is great. It does seem a bit more nuanced than I've experienced in earlier iterations. Each goal feels and looks unique, even if my build up play is my same old approach.

The same old frustrations still exist to an extent, such as through balls in the final third being pointless because they always get overhit, crossing still being a sod to get right (though I have scored a few decent headed goals), and just the occasional pass not going to the player you intend at a critical moment.

If only they'd add friend matches and replay capture I'd be chuffed.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.