Forums

Topic: FIFA 18 Switch

Posts 401 to 420 of 645

Leon_Kennedy

gcunit wrote:

@Switchcraft There is a suggested subs option. I can't remember whether it's a one-button solution or not, but you do end up pressing X to do it I think. Just need to pause game, go to Team Management, and take it from there...

Regarding your avatar problem, you won't get much enjoyment from it until you're good enough to be picked, so one way or another you've just got to git gud.

Re. the game in general, I'm getting into it now. Played about 30 hours. FUT is a welcome addition, but the amount of times players get injured or their contracts run out add hassle that I don't really want. Constantly having to fiddle with the squad just to get enough players to start a game is not my idea of fun.

But the gameplay is great. It does seem a bit more nuanced than I've experienced in earlier iterations. Each goal feels and looks unique, even if my build up play is my same old approach.

The same old frustrations still exist to an extent, such as through balls in the final third being pointless because they always get overhit, crossing still being a sod to get right (though I have scored a few decent headed goals), and just the occasional pass not going to the player you intend at a critical moment.

If only they'd add friend matches and replay capture I'd be chuffed.

I’ve mostly been playing ultimate team, it’s the first time I’ve played it and I find it really addictive. It does become a slog getting the contracts etc. However once I got a couple of gold packs I got loads of contracts so I’m sitting pretty now.

It can be really frustrating though when you save up for a gold pack and get rubbish players. I find the squad building challenges really hard to complete as well and the rewards never seem worth it.

Other than that I’m really enjoying it, i find the tackling really hard but I don’t know if that’s because I’m used to pro evo and haven’t played a footy game in years. The lack of replay capture is really annoying, I’ve scored a few wonder goals that I wanted to save!

Leon_Kennedy

Dogorilla

My 9-year old brother just got this game for Christmas but it seems he can't play any of the online modes as he's under 13. I don't understand why that restriction's in place as it's a PEGI 3 and most online games on Switch don't have age limits, so he's quite disappointed he can't play Ultimate Team or any other online modes. Does anyone know if there's a good reason why kids can't play these modes, or should we just let him play them on a different account?

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Leon_Kennedy

Dogorilla wrote:

My 9-year old brother just got this game for Christmas but it seems he can't play any of the online modes as he's under 13. I don't understand why that restriction's in place as it's a PEGI 3 and most online games on Switch don't have age limits, so he's quite disappointed he can't play Ultimate Team or any other online modes. Does anyone know if there's a good reason why kids can't play these modes, or should we just let him play them on a different account?

I can’t think of any reason why he couldn’t play online, there’s no swearing or anything and there’s no communication with the other team players. I’d let him play on another account.

Leon_Kennedy

Spoony_Tech

@Dogorilla Is the parents restriction on for online communications? I had to adjust mine just to play NBA 2k even on my file.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Dogorilla

@Spoony_Tech No, he plays Splatoon 2 and Rocket League online with no problems. It's only Fifa that's stopping him from using online.

@Leon_Kennedy Thanks, maybe I'll let him use my account then because I don't intend to play Fifa much myself.

Funky Kong

Spoony_Tech

@Dogorilla We had no problems with Arms or Splatoon either yet NBA did give us problems. Can't remember if FIFA did as well but I've never played online so that might be why I didn't notice that.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Dogorilla

@Spoony_Tech Is that because of a setting on the parental controls app, or on the Switch itself? We don't have the app but it's let me go online on Fifa on my account, so I think the game just restricts online access for anyone under 13.

Funky Kong

Spoony_Tech

@Dogorilla You know I forgot I set all my kids to 18 years old so they wouldn't have those problems. Then I set up the parental controls and even I have to enter the code to play an M rated game. Not sure if he can bypass with his age restriction.

MERG said:

Lroy

I have just bought FIFA 18 from Amazon UK as I couldn't resist the £23 price tag. I haven't owned or played a FIFA game since FIFA 11 on PS3. I used to play both FIFA and PES consistently before that. So now having the chance to dip my toe back into the game, any advice on gameplay, control settings and generally advice about the career mode, transfers etc are most welcome. I'd also be up for a game online if you ever fancy using me for shooting practice, lol!

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

kobashi100

Lroy wrote:

I have just bought FIFA 18 from Amazon UK as I couldn't resist the £23 price tag. I haven't owned or played a FIFA game since FIFA 11 on PS3. I used to play both FIFA and PES consistently before that. So now having the chance to dip my toe back into the game, any advice on gameplay, control settings and generally advice about the career mode, transfers etc are most welcome. I'd also be up for a game online if you ever fancy using me for shooting practice, lol!

Same here dude. First FIFA since FIFA 11. Gonna start playing tonight after champions league

kobashi100

toiletduck

Lroy wrote:

...and generally advice about the career mode, transfers etc are most welcome.

I guess this works the same on Switch as on the other platforms? Then I suggest you to just google your specific questions. There is A TON of information available on cheap players, players who 'feel' great even though their stats aren't special, young talents to pick up, etc. Enjoy!

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Lroy

@toiletduck Ah cool. Fair enough.

Lroy

@kobashi100 Fair play buddy. Let me know if you ever fancy trying to get an online match going. Heard it isn't exactly a straight forward match-making system on Switch, lol!

Fastballer

Football games are special. I like them but I don't like football. Im I crazy??

Fastballer

kobashi100

@Lroy can't play with friends so yeah arranging an online game is gonna be difficult

kobashi100

Lroy

Fastballer wrote:

Football games are special. I like them but I don't like football. Im I crazy??

I think they often go hand in hand but not necessarily.

I used be obsessed with football as a sport for most of my life but stopped playing the real thing as a young adult and even stopped watching or following football completely (only now watch the big international tournaments) once my children arrived. Coincidence not blame, lol!

Throughout my life I have always enjoyed football games too and one used to feed into my investment in the other. Having now taken a punt on FIFA 18, no longer following the sport and being lapsed from the game series too. It'll be interesting to see whether I come back to football - gaming or sport - in any way in the future.

But thought it worth a shot (excuse the pun, ha! ha!)

Lroy

@kobashi100 Good lord, how stupid. Oh well. Randoms it is.

kobashi100

Lroy wrote:

@kobashi100 Good lord, how stupid. Oh well. Randoms it is.

Yeah EA really should have added that option in by now. We may get lucky and play each other randomly

kobashi100

Kova

Yeah that is stupid but I’m so surprised how good this game is. Next just give us a full experience.

Kova

gcunit

I like to play Online: Seasons, but have noticed something that mildly bugs me.

I'm UK based, but main with Fiorentina (don't know what difference this makes, btw) and I would guess that between 30-50% of my opposition are either Olympique Lyonnais or Olympique Marseille.

I don't know if this impacts on how easy it is to find matches, but I would like some more variation as otherwise it gets me thinking it must be affecting my chance of a match.

I have settings on the most open you can have them.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.