Forums

Topic: Dragon Quest XI + I, II, III & Beyond

Posts 161 to 180 of 705

Ryu_Niiyama

Welp whenever it shows up I shall buy it. I am stuck anyway since I don’t want the dub.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

I don't think it'll take that long. Games like Diablo 3 were ported in 9 months, and that's from day one. DQXI has a head start.

Now, they might be putting a little more effort in (although Diablo 3 is quality, 960p docked/720p handheld 60fps), and it might be a tougher port requiring some extra time, but I still think this game will be out by the end of next year. Even if we count 12-14 months from release, plus the head start since they were already working on the game before hand, I just don't see how this game doesn't release next year.

By E3 the game should probably be ready to show footage. By Sept or Oct it should be revealed in a Direct with the release date, which will likely be a big November game. Or maybe December. They like to tuck JRPGs into the December slot.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Tyranexx

Eh, it'll come when it comes. I'm in no hurry for it. Too many other games to play and catch up on.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Gameplay_Matters

Magician wrote:

The addition of the S to the subtitle pretty much confirms the Switch version of DQXI had to be rebuilt from the ground up rather than being a straight port of the PS4 version.

No, it does not. The added S "clearly" only means that the Japanese release will have dubbed voices, which they also said that's what it stands for. The Japanese PS4 release did not have speech, only text. Speech was only added to the Western release and obviously the hardcore Dragon Quest fans mostly live in Japan so they were bummed out.

Gameplay_Matters

Ryu_Niiyama

@Switchcraft I am looking forward to the new VO track but for now no voices works for me.

Just booted up the 3ds version. I should not be this giddy.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Introspect

Was there an actual confirmation on a NA release, or just a JP one?

Introspect

Dezzy

@Introspect

They did say it'd be a western release at some point.

No reason not to given that they already have the translation from the PS4 version.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

KnightsTemplar

@MumboJumbo i can thnk of at least one better reason than ps4. I can keep playing on the toilet with the switch if im really busting...... cant do that on ya ps4

KnightsTemplar

NEStalgia

@JaxonH "I don't think it'll take that long. Games like Diablo 3 were ported in 9 months, and that's from day one. DQXI has a head start."

Yeah but Diablo III isn't made by Square-Enix with a reputation of a decade between releases

@Switchcraft Eew, I didn't know they didn't have VO in the Japanese version. What a weird choice. I presume along with sticking with 8-bit sounds, they thought people there would enjoy the fully traditional experience with silent characters and reading the voices in their head. But it's a weird choice to do VOs for the secondary market and not the primary.

NEStalgia

Krull

@NEStalgia I don't know - it seems a smart business decision to me, if the Switch release was always going to lag behind so much. Having a Japanese voice track is pretty much the only selling point for the Switch version in Japan, where pretty much everyone who loves Dragon Quest XI seemed to a buy a copy within the first few weeks (those sales figures are mighty impressive). There can't be many fans who didn't pick up either the PS4 or 3DS version.

In the West, there's no such selling point - but Squenix stiffed us on the 3DS version, so Switch will have the only portable version. Yay...

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

NEStalgia

True, and maybe more to the point, I wonder how well it sold on PS4 compared to 3DS there? They may have released it expecting the 3DS was the main release anyway.

NEStalgia

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia 3ds sold better but that dual pack they sold helped both sides I think. I couldn't find current numbers quickly but "By the end of 2017, the game had sold 3.12 million total copies in Japan, 1.76 for the 3DS and 1.35 for the PlayStation 4". That doesnt include downloads. I still think the seiyuu version will have enough of a draw.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Magician

Bump

A reminder that Square Enix presents Jump Festa 19 starts in two and a half hours.

Dragon Quest XI Switch is scheduled for a 50 minute stage presentation and panel.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Tyranexx

Magician wrote:

Bump

A reminder that Square Enix presents Jump Festa 19 starts in two and a half hours.

Dragon Quest XI Switch is scheduled for a 50 minute stage presentation and panel.

Wait, what? O.o Spits out proverbial coffee

Thanks for this, I hadn't heard anything about the Switch version for some time now.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

ilikeike

Confirmed to release in Japan in 2019! So happy about this. Hopefully it doesn't take long for it to release in the rest of the world as well. Graphics are comparing very well too, even though the trailer is mostly cinematic. Finger's crossed for more gameplay in a Nintendo direct!

Mario Galaxy is ten years old, and now I feel old.

Magician

The TL;DR version of the presentation is that the Switch version will be fully voice acted, where as the PS4 version is text-only. There's no telling if the PS4 version will get a patch to add the voice acting or not. Until that's confirmed, it's fair to assume the Switch version will be the superior version of DQ XI content wise. Fidelity wise, the Switch version is tuned down.

But because the Switch version will be fully voice acted I expect the western release to slip into 2020.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ryu_Niiyama

I may import this physically to match my 3ds version but I am leaning towards digital so I can get it day one.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Tyranexx

I'm wondering if the coworker of mine who has played this already is going to double-dip for the Switch version when it comes. I know he's getting his kid a Switch for Christmas....

Dezzy

Need to see some of the open-world exploration before we can really see how good the port is.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Tyranexx

I highly prefer spoiler-free footage, but I wouldn't mind watching a couple of basic gameplay videos either.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic