Forums

Topic: Dragon Quest XI + I, II, III & Beyond

Posts 141 to 160 of 705

Introspect

@Dezzy Nice. I wonder if they may bring any others to the Switch. Being that I just picked up the console and need some accessories for it, I can't justify picking up a 3DS as well right now, lol.

@ReaderRagfish Wow. That's daunting. O_O

Introspect

Dezzy

@Introspect

You can get a used 2DS for dirt cheap.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Krull

@Introspect I got a secondhand DS Lite on eBay with three decent games (Mario 64; FF XII Revenant Wings; Metroid Prime Hunters) for about £25, and then picked up Dragon Quest IX and Phantom Hourglass too. All told, it cost me less than Kirby Star Allies - and I don't regret it!

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

EvilLucario

Yeah this game looks really damn good. But I can't afford time right now. I need to play Torna first, then I'll be playing other games in my backlog like Wolfenstein: The New Order and The Old Blood.

Edit: By the time I get around to this game, I might just pick it up on Switch. Playing it at a buttery-smooth framerate and high-quality graphics on PC is very tempting (rip no 144fps option though :^[), but if it'll come out on Switch later down on the road, I'll just pick it up then because I love RPGs on handhelds.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Dezzy

subpopz wrote:

I've been watching some gameplay on XI on youtube. It's been some tempting to grab it on Steam. Octopath and upcoming Torna are really all that's keeping me from it right now lol. They're buying time for any word or update on how DQXI is progressing on Switch.

This generation has been such a massive JRPG revival compared to the 7th gen. Lol Xenoblade Chronicles and maybe Radiant Historia were the only good original JRPGs for the entire generation.

EvilLucario

@ReaderRagfish Don't think he excluded them since Radiant Historia is a DS game. But I also disagree since the DS was indeed a fantastic RPG machine. Castlevania, Pokemon Gen 4 and 5, etc

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Tyranexx

I've been rediscovering the DS's RPG potential, partially because I'm more into them than I've ever been. Besides the slew of Pokemon games that I have for it (as well as the Mega Man Star Force series...though I'm not sure those count), I've played Chrono Trigger and DQV fairly recently. I'm hoping to grab DQIV in the next few months as well, and I still have Golden Sun: Dark Dawn backlogged as well.

A lot of people seem to praise Radiant Historia. I might try that one out as well if it isn't too long.

Don't even get me started on the 3DS. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Ryu_Niiyama

@subpopz Did you buy the steam version? If so do you know if it is possible to switch the system language?

I didn't realize that the JPN version doesnt have voice acting (which i think is FANTASTIC) and I'd rather play that than the english dub... I still want to hold out for the switch version but if the steam version is just a quick language change I may have to try it there first.

Edit: Nevermind I found the language options. I'll wait on my 3ds copy to show up.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ryu_Niiyama

@subpopz Understood. I bought the 3ds copy and I'm just waiting on it to arrive and I'll pick up the Torna expansion tomorrow so that will keep me entertained until the switch version is announced.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Krull

ReaderRagfish wrote:

Tokyo Game Show starts Wednesday, and when asked about the Switch version of 11 they said "Hmm, maybe we'll announce something at TGS"

Stop it! Now I'm all excited... Next you'll be telling me that Atlus made the same response about SMTV!

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Tyranexx

ReaderRagfish wrote:

Tokyo Game Show starts Wednesday, and when asked about the Switch version of 11 they said "Hmm, maybe we'll announce something at TGS"

Trying really hard not to get my hopes up with that statement....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Tyranexx

Yuji Horii used Torment on Switch owners! It's super effective!

boop22

i've been playing a lot of DQXI on steam lately, for anyone holding out getting it until switch, trust me. This game is probably the greatest JRPG of the last 10 years in my opinion, even better than octopath. the wait is worth it

Edited on by boop22

boop22

ilikeike

Good news guys, Square Enix has officially announced the Switch version of Dragon Quest XI as "Dragon Quest XI S," with S standing for "Switch" and "Special."

...And that's about all they revealed. No gameplay, screenshots, or release date aside from telling us that we'll have to "wait a bit" for its release. Regardless, it's nice that Square has finally officially acknowledged the Switch version. Hopefully the "S" moniker means that we'll get some exclusive new content in this release to make up for the long wait.

Mario Galaxy is ten years old, and now I feel old.

misanthrope

ilikeike wrote:

Good news guys, Square Enix has officially announced the Switch version of Dragon Quest XI as "Dragon Quest XI S," with S standing for "Switch" and "Special."

...And that's about all they revealed. No gameplay, screenshots, or release date aside from telling us that we'll have to "wait a bit" for its release. Regardless, it's nice that Square has finally officially acknowledged the Switch version. Hopefully the "S" moniker means that we'll get some exclusive new content in this release to make up for the long wait.

The game will come with 3 graphics modes. Standard, and then the 3D+2D options of the DS version. Also all versions will exclusively use Xbox button prompts.

misanthrope

Dezzy

Lol this is gonna be like a christmas 2019 game by the sounds of it. How the hell is it taking so long?

I guess they're maybe trying to get it as close to the PS4 version as possible. Given the massive Japanese userbase for this series, it might benefit them to make it a very good port.

Edited on by Dezzy

RR529

Disappointed by the fact that it's still pretty far out, but I haven't yet gotten around to Builders (just recently played the demo & enjoyed it), so I'll probably grab that soon to tide me over.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

JaxonH

I didn't expect them to suddenly announce a release date, but a screenshot or 2 would have been nice.

Still, we all knew this game would be a year behind the PS4/PC release regardless.

I'm not really worried about it. It comes when it comes... when it's ready.

I'm so bogged down with Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, FFXV Pocket HD, Xenoblade 2 Torna, and Valkyria Chronicles 4 on Tuesday, and Dragonball Fighter Z, Valkyria Chronicles 1, The World Ends With You, Mega Man 11, StarfoxLink, Diablo 3, World of Final Fantasy, Pokemon, Smash Bros, Katamari Damacy, Marble It Up and goodness knows how many I'm forgetting...

There wouldn't be even a sliver of time for it in the near future anyways. And judging by the fact 2019 is already looking jam packed, starting off with a bang with New Super Bros U Deluxe, No More Heroes, Tales of Vesperia, Onimushu Warlords and Kingdom Hearts 3 (although I'ma hold off on that one, got a feeling KH series is the next to come rocketing onto Switch).

There really is just too many games out now and coming soon.

I figure it'll be packed whenever it does release as well, seems to just get more and more congested as we get further into the gen. But point being, I can wait. It's not like there's not a dozen other excellent games vying for attention at any given moment.

When it does release though, it's gonna be incredible. Hope someone fan translates the 3DS version also so at least those with CFW can have that bangin 2D sprite 3D dual 3DS version

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Magician

The addition of the S to the subtitle pretty much confirms the Switch version of DQXI had to be rebuilt from the ground up rather than being a straight port of the PS4 version. Square-Enix and Nintendo want to hit 720p/30fps in handheld mode and clearly...that target is going to take some additional development time. So, with that in mind, I look forward to playing DQXI in 2020 on Switch.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic