Forums

Topic: Dragon Quest X and XI

Posts 181 to 199 of 199

Dezzy

Lol this is gonna be like a christmas 2019 game by the sounds of it. How the hell is it taking so long?

I guess they're maybe trying to get it as close to the PS4 version as possible. Given the massive Japanese userbase for this series, it might benefit them to make it a very good port.

Edited on by Dezzy

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

ReaderRagfish

I'm glad we still know barely anything other than that we still won't be playing it for a long time.

I hate to be so bitter, but this was their chance to defrost my pumpkins, and yet they remain frosted.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

RR529

Disappointed by the fact that it's still pretty far out, but I haven't yet gotten around to Builders (just recently played the demo & enjoyed it), so I'll probably grab that soon to tide me over.

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

JaxonH

I didn't expect them to suddenly announce a release date, but a screenshot or 2 would have been nice.

Still, we all knew this game would be a year behind the PS4/PC release regardless.

I'm not really worried about it. It comes when it comes... when it's ready.

I'm so bogged down with Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, FFXV Pocket HD, Xenoblade 2 Torna, and Valkyria Chronicles 4 on Tuesday, and Dragonball Fighter Z, Valkyria Chronicles 1, The World Ends With You, Mega Man 11, StarfoxLink, Diablo 3, World of Final Fantasy, Pokemon, Smash Bros, Katamari Damacy, Marble It Up and goodness knows how many I'm forgetting...

There wouldn't be even a sliver of time for it in the near future anyways. And judging by the fact 2019 is already looking jam packed, starting off with a bang with New Super Bros U Deluxe, No More Heroes, Tales of Vesperia, Onimushu Warlords and Kingdom Hearts 3 (although I'ma hold off on that one, got a feeling KH series is the next to come rocketing onto Switch).

There really is just too many games out now and coming soon.

I figure it'll be packed whenever it does release as well, seems to just get more and more congested as we get further into the gen. But point being, I can wait. It's not like there's not a dozen other excellent games vying for attention at any given moment.

When it does release though, it's gonna be incredible. Hope someone fan translates the 3DS version also so at least those with CFW can have that bangin 2D sprite 3D dual 3DS version

NOW PLAYING
NS: Diablo 3, Monster Hunter Gen Ult, Dark Souls, World of Final Fantasy, TWEWY
3DS:
PS4/PSVR:
Vita:
X1: Red Dead Redemption 2
PC/Rift:
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Magician

The addition of the S to the subtitle pretty much confirms the Switch version of DQXI had to be rebuilt from the ground up rather than being a straight port of the PS4 version. Square-Enix and Nintendo want to hit 720p/30fps in handheld mode and clearly...that target is going to take some additional development time. So, with that in mind, I look forward to playing DQXI in 2020 on Switch.

Switch Physical Collection - 227 games (as of December 11th, 2018)
Currently playing: Mercenaries Saga (Switch) Lunar: Silver Star Harmony (PSP) Fallout 76 (PS4) Drive Girls (Vita)

Ryu_Niiyama

Welp whenever it shows up I shall buy it. I am stuck anyway since I don’t want the dub.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

I don't think it'll take that long. Games like Diablo 3 were ported in 9 months, and that's from day one. DQXI has a head start.

Now, they might be putting a little more effort in (although Diablo 3 is quality, 960p docked/720p handheld 60fps), and it might be a tougher port requiring some extra time, but I still think this game will be out by the end of next year. Even if we count 12-14 months from release, plus the head start since they were already working on the game before hand, I just don't see how this game doesn't release next year.

By E3 the game should probably be ready to show footage. By Sept or Oct it should be revealed in a Direct with the release date, which will likely be a big November game. Or maybe December. They like to tuck JRPGs into the December slot.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Diablo 3, Monster Hunter Gen Ult, Dark Souls, World of Final Fantasy, TWEWY
3DS:
PS4/PSVR:
Vita:
X1: Red Dead Redemption 2
PC/Rift:
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

subpopz

I just hope it's the real, full game and not a "Pocket Edition". That was good and all to get FFXV on Switch, I'm glad people enjoy it and get to have it on the go, but I want the full DQXI.

Switch - Smash Ultimate, Mario Kart 8D, NES Online (Dr. Mario only)
3DS -
PC - The Witcher 3, Nier: Automata, Mortal Kombat XL

Switch FC : SW-1091-9839-4896

ReaderRagfish

I'd be fine with it just being a port of the 3DS version... if it was released at the same time as the others. Now that we know that it won't be coming for a while, I'll be pretty upset if they make us wait so long for a significantly scaled down version of the game.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Blitzenexx

Eh, it'll come when it comes. I'm in no hurry for it. Too many other games to play and catch up on.

Video Corner: Every JRPG Ever
Currently playing: Golden Sun: The Lost Age (Wii U VC), Majora's Mask 3D

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Switchcraft

Magician wrote:

The addition of the S to the subtitle pretty much confirms the Switch version of DQXI had to be rebuilt from the ground up rather than being a straight port of the PS4 version.

No, it does not. The added S "clearly" only means that the Japanese release will have dubbed voices, which they also said that's what it stands for. The Japanese PS4 release did not have speech, only text. Speech was only added to the Western release and obviously the hardcore Dragon Quest fans mostly live in Japan so they were bummed out.

Gameplay matters.

Ryu_Niiyama

@Switchcraft I am looking forward to the new VO track but for now no voices works for me.

Just booted up the 3ds version. I should not be this giddy.

Introspect

Was there an actual confirmation on a NA release, or just a JP one?

Introspect

Dezzy

@Introspect

They did say it'd be a western release at some point.

No reason not to given that they already have the translation from the PS4 version.

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

KnightsTemplar

@MumboJumbo i can thnk of at least one better reason than ps4. I can keep playing on the toilet with the switch if im really busting...... cant do that on ya ps4

KnightsTemplar

NEStalgia

@JaxonH "I don't think it'll take that long. Games like Diablo 3 were ported in 9 months, and that's from day one. DQXI has a head start."

Yeah but Diablo III isn't made by Square-Enix with a reputation of a decade between releases

@Switchcraft Eew, I didn't know they didn't have VO in the Japanese version. What a weird choice. I presume along with sticking with 8-bit sounds, they thought people there would enjoy the fully traditional experience with silent characters and reading the voices in their head. But it's a weird choice to do VOs for the secondary market and not the primary.

NEStalgia

Krull

@NEStalgia I don't know - it seems a smart business decision to me, if the Switch release was always going to lag behind so much. Having a Japanese voice track is pretty much the only selling point for the Switch version in Japan, where pretty much everyone who loves Dragon Quest XI seemed to a buy a copy within the first few weeks (those sales figures are mighty impressive). There can't be many fans who didn't pick up either the PS4 or 3DS version.

In the West, there's no such selling point - but Squenix stiffed us on the 3DS version, so Switch will have the only portable version. Yay...

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589

NEStalgia

True, and maybe more to the point, I wonder how well it sold on PS4 compared to 3DS there? They may have released it expecting the 3DS was the main release anyway.

NEStalgia

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia 3ds sold better but that dual pack they sold helped both sides I think. I couldn't find current numbers quickly but "By the end of 2017, the game had sold 3.12 million total copies in Japan, 1.76 for the 3DS and 1.35 for the PlayStation 4". That doesnt include downloads. I still think the seiyuu version will have enough of a draw.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic