Forums

Topic: Dragon Quest XI + I, II, III & Beyond

Posts 181 to 200 of 705

Dezzy

@ReaderRagfihs

That would stop you checking how well it performs. If it's like 15fps in the overworld, you might want to avoid it.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Dezzy

@subpopz

Yeah maybe because it is a port. But there is a pretty big variance in how much people care about frame rate. I remember the Breath of the Wild framerate issues on the Wii U annoyed the hell out of me, yet others just happily ignored it.

Dezzy

@ReaderRagfihs

The parts in Zelda that bothered me was while exploring the towns. It's not about utility, it's about a sense of immersion. Those are the parts I most enjoy exploring just for fun as they add the most to lore and worldbuilding. So it bugs me when the game is stuttering and slowing down while I'm done something trivial like just walking through a village.
That same issue could occur with DQ11.

dimi

I couldn't care less about the voice acting. I actually prefer text and subtitles in games but i respect they are giving this version a proper treatment. Hope it will run smoothly.

dimi

Dezzy

@dimi

The PS4 english version already had voice acting. This is a new feature for Japan only.

ilikeike

In case anyone was wondering, the "surprise" teased for January 1st was a new fortunetelling minigame on the DQXI S website. It features tons of spoken voice clips from the game's main cast, so we can get a good listen to all their individual new Japanese voices. Here's the link if anyone's interested:

https://www.dualshockers.com/dragon-quest-11-s-japanese-voice...

Now, even though this might not have been the big surprise that some were hoping for, don't forget that there will be an official stream about the game featuring the director, producer, and Mr. Dragon Quest himself Yuji Horii sometime in January. I'd say that that's where we can expect the truly big news such as exclusive new content, gameplay, etc.

Mario Galaxy is ten years old, and now I feel old.

Dezzy

Glad they seem to have pretty much ported it from the PS4 without losing too much. The only graphical hit seems to be resolution, as far as I could tell.

Edited on by Dezzy

Dezzy

Damn yeah, that is a big advantage over the PS4 version....which I already bought.

Magician

ReaderRagfihs wrote:

I'm just surprised that we're getting the orchestrated soundtrack. Been a long time since we've had those in the western releases.

Just to be clear, the Switch news tab article mentions only the battle music and field music will be orchestrated, not the entire soundtrack. Still, it'll be nice to not be irritated by the music for nearly 100 hours of gameplay. And I think inserting the 3DS version into the Switch version is just cool.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ralizah

The battle and field music will be 90% of what you hear in the game, so this is a massive improvement on its own.

S-E took their sweet time, but it looks like they're pulling out all the stops for this port.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Magician

ReaderRagfihs wrote:

Can somebody who's already played this tell me how much it's like Dragon Quest VIII?

Although I haven't played XI myself (been holding out for the Switch version) all I've heard/read is that if it weren't for the crappy midi sampling used for the soundtrack DQ XI would be considered the best in the series.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

I’m so happy this game is releasing in Fall.

I got so into DQ on the 3DS, with DQVII and DQVIII (With orchestral soundtrack modded in), and wanted DQ Monsters: Terry’s Wonderland sooooo badly, and then they fan translated it (wooohoooo!). Still have the DQM theme on my 3DS.

So DQXI coming to Switch, and with the orchestral soundtrack, 16 bit mode, extra content and dual audio (although personally English is all I care about), is a dream come true.

I hope as many Nintendo fans will play this as possible. Give it a chance, like Xenoblade. Dragon Quest is one of the most iconic JRPGs in all of gaming, second only to Final Fantasy.

I hope they give us multiple save slots, one for a normal playthrough and one for a 16-bit run. Wait... that’s not a problem because each system user account gets a save file, and I have 3 (NA, EU, JP). Nevermind.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

the8thark

JaxonH wrote:

I hope they give us multiple save slots, one for a normal playthrough and one for a 16-bit run.

It doesn't work like that. The 3DS mode is switchable anytime in game. You are not forced to modern or 3DS look for an entire play through.

Ralizah wrote:

S-E took their sweet time, but it looks like they're pulling out all the stops for this port.

They almost have to. SE always said there would be a Switch version. They said it Day 1 development. They are just giving Switch owners more on an incentive to buy this considering it's been out on the PS4 and 3DS (in Japan) for a while now.

Edited on by the8thark

the8thark

Kryce

while it seems all hope is lost for an online DQX western port. would a completely new tweeked offline single player version ever see the day ?

3DS code : 0275-8197-3634
Nintendo ID : kryce313
Currently Playing :
DRAGON QUEST 9 (3DS)
TOKYO MIRAGE SESSIONS FE (Wii U)
THE ELDER SCROLLS SKYRIM (SWITCH)

3DS Friend Code: 0275-8197-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: kryce313

Ryu_Niiyama

@Kryce I can’t imagine Squenix taking the time to do that. Their response would likely be “just play XI...”.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Kryce

@Ryu_Niiyama to my dismay, You're right...

3DS code : 0275-8197-3634
Nintendo ID : kryce313
Currently Playing :
DRAGON QUEST 9 (3DS)
TOKYO MIRAGE SESSIONS FE (Wii U)
THE ELDER SCROLLS SKYRIM (SWITCH)

3DS Friend Code: 0275-8197-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: kryce313

Magician

Just sitting here, thinking about whether or not DQ XI will get the same uber edition that PS4 got? It is the definitive version, so I hope that S-E goes all out for its release. But...even though the relationship between S-E and Nintendo is strong...I have my doubts. Still...a guy can dream, right?

Edited on by Magician

Magician

Dogorilla wrote:

@Kryce The executive producer of the series expressed an interest in an offline version of X, so there's a chance: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/10/dragon_quest_x_could...

Even if S-E offered an offline-only version of DQ X, that game has been active for over six years. That would require a pretty hefty translation effort. Probably more trouble (and cost) than it would be worth. That said, I would be overjoyed if it were to become true.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic