Forums

Topic: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Switch)

Posts 161 to 180 of 326

SKTTR

toiletduck wrote:

Question: I would mainly buy this for couch co-op with a fairly unexperienced co-player. Any idea how I would appreciate this?

Not so thrilled that this won't see a physical copy in the EU btw...

DKCR TF is one of those more difficult games. A fairly unexperienced co-op player will suck your lives dry.
There are better alternatives (Kirby, Yoshi) for casual co-op platforming. DKC is quite a blast though with 2 experienced players.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

toiletduck

@SKTTR thanks, I think I'll wait to see how my co-players perform in Kirby very soon and Yoshi and hopefully Mario not much later.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Dogorilla

Does anyone know if you'll be able to use Funky Kong alongside the other characters in multiplayer, or is Funky mode going to be completely separate?

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Kimyonaakuma

@Dogorilla I was watching some gameplay videos a few days ago and Funky Kong just seems to be an extra character instead of a separate easy mode.

-This video shows it about halfway through

Kimyonaakuma

Dogorilla

@Kimyonaakuma Cool, thanks! I'm probably going to play through the game with my younger brother but I was worried he'd eat through all my lives, so I'm glad he'll be able to play as Funky.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Bunkerneath

Pre-order on Nintendo store costs £49.99 because it comes with a DK Mug
Untitled

Whilest Amazon its £ 40, therefore Nintendo it trying to say a mug is worth £10?
Come on Nintendo, get with reality!

Edited on by Bunkerneath

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

mordecai

So here's an interesting fact. This game is $60 on the Switch and only $20 on the Wii U.

Or rather, it was. The game has been pulled entirely from the Wii U eshop. Its hard to come to any conclusion other than that Nintendo is being deliberately malicious to prevent a pricing discrepancy.

mordecai

Grumblevolcano

@mordecai I still see it on the Wii U eshop.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

mordecai

It's removed in the American eshop. This decision must be a Reggie Original©

mordecai

Octane

mordecai wrote:

It's removed in the American eshop.

Can anyone confirm this?

Octane

grizzgolf

How is this on the switch? I never beat it on the Wii U.

grizzgolf

JaxonH

@8-Bit_Superman
It's a better game than Rayman, and has full co-op, but it is way more difficult.

Of course, there's the new Funky Mode which will make it far more reasonable, difficulty wise.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Agriculture

mordecai wrote:

So here's an interesting fact. This game is $60 on the Switch and only $20 on the Wii U.

Or rather, it was. The game has been pulled entirely from the Wii U eshop. Its hard to come to any conclusion other than that Nintendo is being deliberately malicious to prevent a pricing discrepancy.

In Sweden, the entire WiiU console was pulled off the shelves a while before the Switch was being released.

Agriculture

Lethal

Pre-ordered from the eshop. Now it just taunts me on my Switch dashboard.

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

Snadertjuh

Never played a DK game before but when I watch the trailers of this I got excited. I like 2D/3D Mario and 2D/3D Zelda but I am still not convinced buying this one. Or do you guys say that I should buy it? It looks very good! I can use any advice.

From Holland, SW-8284-9406-5119

Lethal

mordecai wrote:

The game should only be $39.99 tops. It is literally a direct port with co-op added. Resolution bumped from 720p to 1080p when docked.

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

toiletduck

Snadertjuh wrote:

Never played a DK game before but when I watch the trailers of this I got excited. I like 2D/3D Mario and 2D/3D Zelda but I am still not convinced buying this one. Or do you guys say that I should buy it? It looks very good! I can use any advice.

I'm in a comparable spot, only difference that I've played the first Country on SNES and really liked it so I can probably relate to the movie clips a bit better (with the barrels and stuff). I bought Kirby on release day because I was desperate for a nice game. I was quite disappointed though so in the end I decided to take a second gamble and pre-ordered this one too I'd say: if you can miss the money, just go for it. Buy it retail, so that you can probably sell it after release weekend with around 10 bucks loss.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

kkslider5552000

I'm honestly confused why this game is the price it is. Like it doesn't fit with how other Wii U ports have gone at all.

Like is there someone at Retro who was against a cheaper price? ...Does Nintendo feel obligated to put out a certain quantity of 60 dollar titles each year? It's weird.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic