Forums

Topic: Asphalt 9: Legends

Posts 581 to 600 of 1,221

komodo182

@bluedogrulez maybe i should switch back to normal paint jobs......since I get knockdowned frequently in matches. They aim for me it seems.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

Daniel36

Not sure but I suspect some cars get knocked down easier than others. The cars that feel like you are driving a tank seem to also act like ones when getting rammed or ramming, while the light cars seem to get crushed more easily.

The blue Daily Goal car (can you tell I am not a car person? Lol) is an absolute beast. It rams through everything. Then when I use that red sportsy looking car (I am sorry...) it seems to get pushed over rather easily.

Daniel36

komodo182

@Daniel36 haha.
They have names if you look at them. My lambo gets knockdown all the time and it doesn't seem light like the elise.

Daniel36

Haha yeah I know. Not near my Switch at the mo and I am far too lazy to look up their names. Plus they are confusing. That one yellow Ferrari one looks like someone just rammed a keyboard to come up with a title. f12ad3 or whatever?

You'd think a skilled driver like me would know the names but alas, I am just really good with a joystick. If real cars had joysticks in them, maybe I would've gotten my driver's license. Free repairs after crashing would've been nice too.

Daniel36

bluedogrulez

@Daniel36 One of the many things that intrigues me about this game is that there are hidden stats for these cars. . . like weight which seems to impact aerial agility which also seems to be a factor in knockdown ability. And I do agree with your observations in this regard (but my Asterion does get blown up too often by superior cars boosting purple or giving me the dreaded triple side-tap).

Another "mystery" of this game to me is the "Handling" stat. Whereas in just about every racing game I've played, handling was limited to vehicle handling in the steering sense, here there seems to be a direct correlation between Handling and boost (the cars with great handling seem to boost forever). I used to view this as the most meaningless stat, but now I think it might be the most valuable.

Asphalt 9 / Siege Engine FTW

Daniel36

@bluedogrulez Good point. The high handling cars DO seem to boost forever. As for the purple boost, it's a tactic. Anything purple will destroy any other car not in purple, but you are going to have to save up for a purple boost too and it ends quickly.

I hardly use purple boost, I mostly go blue. And the only instances I seem to get blown up are in the early stages of a race. If I can break free, they usually can't keep up with me because I go blue instead of purple.

In that sense, it's kind of a rock paper scissors deal. Yes, purple boost can get you to smash things, but so can blue, if your opponent doesn't have a boost going on at the time. And since, on average, you can get more mileage out of blue boosts than you can purple, I chose to focus on blue. Therefore, I can sometimes get a smash in during the late stages of a race, because my opponents go purple or broke.

I personally don't mind the "hidden" stats. It makes the cars feel wholly different from each other. For instance, I dislike driving the cars that feel heavy, even if their top speed is far greater than some of the "lighter" cars. They just feel sluggish. Funnily enough, I do get better times with the lighter cars, even if they are slower in top speed.

Daniel36

Banjo-

@Daniel36 The game doesn't teach you much but I read a Wiki page and tried the blue boost (that I didn't know about) for winning a race in Chapter 1 and I did. I just started playing multiplayer recently. Some players focus on destroying cars early on but they waste boost and time spinning and boosting purple recklessly. I won races just trying to drive and manage boost better than them and reached Gold very quickly with a low garage level. The game really requires grinding or paying but gameplay is fun (music is so-so). Last Asphalt game I played was on DSi!

Banjo-

komodo182

@BlueOcean You can turn off the music if you wish. I did.

Daniel36

@BlueOcean - What I like most about this game is that it really rewards careful tactics. Once you've played any track about 50 times you'll start to see where you need to use which boost. A purple boost is certainly the best boost in some situations, but personally I found you can't really go wrong with the blue one either.

Spinning in multiplayer is almost useless. That is, unless you use it before a jump, since multiple spins give you mad boost. It will make you slower, but some of the higher jumps will give you pretty much a full boost bar when spinning, easily alleviating the short moment of slow-down you get.

There are moments where the purple boost is definitely warranted, but like you say, some players focus on destroying people earlier and they are usually not the people finishing first. That said, it is very satisfying to destroy someone in multiplayer, haha.

There is grind, yes, but if you spend your time switching between career, daily events and multiplayer it's more rewarding than it is grinding.

Obviously make sure you reach the daily goals every day for the blue car, and if I could give you a good tip it is to start doing that first daily event every day as soon as you can easily finish in time with the B- and A- cars to get the cards for that green thing and the Centenario. Doing that every day and you will have those two cars in no time, and keep at it to level them up as well. My Centenario is currently level 3 already.

Also, even if you finish dead last in that last Daily Event championship, that's easy cash weekly.

ps. @komodo182 and @C-Chakra , how on EARTH are you guys getting such an ungodly amount of reputation points? I think I am third most points but you guys have like quadruple what I am getting. Do you even eat or sleep?

Edited on by Daniel36

Daniel36

Banjo-

@Daniel36 I am the club member who joined recently and currently is #8 and has 1,361 season reputation points and a level-5 garage. The good stuff you are talking about I haven't reached yet, my cars are all D except the Dodge Challenger SRT8 that is C but it's taking me forever to upgrade to three stars so I'm stuck at My Career, too. With these cars is almost impossible to beat some temporary events but I always try to get something: being top 100% at the weekly challenge (LOL) gives rewards, finishing races on daily events too and beating times with a D car is easy for me because I have fully-upgraded D cars.

What do you mean by "make sure you reach the daily goals every day for the blue car"?

Banjo-

Daniel36

@BlueOcean - If you finish 3 Daily Events, 3 Multiplayer Races, 3 Any Races, Upgrade a car etc., you get these 5 blue coins for each, right? And when you do enough of them, you get a card for a Lamborghini I think, a blue one. It's next to the Career Mode button. Again not behind my Switch for the exact terms, but it's called Daily Goals I think... (So not Daily Events). Once you have that car, a lot of things become easier to get.

Edited on by Daniel36

Daniel36

bluedogrulez

komodo182 wrote:

@BlueOcean You can turn off the music if you wish. I did.

WHAAAAATTTT?!? I know music is highly subjective and personal, I do love this soundtrack, especially the Tribe Called R.E.D. song and the mix of songs/genres with it. What the heck is fleck though?!?

This game is really addictive, but I thought I was going mad yesterday on my (real life) commute home while listening to a sports station and all of I sudden I started hearing the Asphalt 9 theme song "Legendary". But i'm ok, it was being used for a story on baseball's hall of fame, so I haven't lost it just yet.

Banjo-

@Daniel36 Yes, you get a Goal Combo. I didn't pay much attention to it until now. I just did and you get 5 cards for the Lamborghini Asterion (B), 15 more to unlock. It will be useful, my best car is C and I don't even like it much. I will try to unlock this as soon as possible.

Banjo-

Banjo-

@bluedogrulez @komodo182 The music is not bad, "Legendary" is epic but sounds like noise through the Switch speakers, but in my opinion it doesn't suit the game very well and there aren't many songs either. I love how Forza Horizon has different radio stations but hey this is a mobile free-to-play game. If Asphalt can only have a handful of songs then Gameloft's choice is wrong, in my opinion. The electronic instrumental song is probably the most appropriate.

Banjo-

komodo182

@BlueOcean after playing for several hundred hours, it gets annoying

Banjo-

@komodo182 Yes, those songs are becoming annoying after many fewer hours for me, will turn music off as well.

Banjo-

Daniel36

@BlueOcean Well, there you have it! That's three more days of Daily Goals (and they are really easy) and you have your first B car. And trust me, it will keep you busy for a long while. I still use it a lot.

Daniel36

bluedogrulez

@Daniel36, @BlueOcean Great advice by @Daniel36. I do the daily goals every day to get a Lambo Asterion BP (they stop being 5 BPs after the first unlock). You should also do the Daily Event for the the Nissan, 911, and Vulcan, etc, BPs every day too. A three-starred Nissan 370 is a good little car! And definitely do the weekly challenges. The other events are important too, but usually require pretty decent vehicles. I still love raking up the career flags, but shame I collected about 500 before joining the mighty Siege Engine. And now they are MUCH harder to come by. (Anyone else hit a wall in career with the Centurion and a bunch of :30 courses that car is just not quick enough to beat at or slightly above the required rank level?!?)

komodo182

I still can't get on multiplayer and my rep earned is not going to the club points. Tried restarting several times both the software and switch. Not sure what to do. Contact customer service, but who knows.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic