Forums

Topic: Asphalt 9: Legends

Posts 561 to 580 of 1,221

Banjo-

@komodo182 Yep. It's very arcadey with nice circuits and fun gameplay.

Banjo-

Daniel36

No sooner did I join Siege Engine and I got myself a new car, an improved car, and I think I am about to get another improvement soon.

Seems like Siege Engine is giving me good luck!

Daniel36

komodo182

@BlueOcean There a few that might get cut if they don't do anything this week.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

Banjo-

@komodo182 That makes sense. The least that members can do is try to get some points. How long is a season?

Banjo-

komodo182

@BlueOcean a week.
There are 3 members that I know of who haven't been on in 3 weeks, so after this week, I will boot them if they aren't active.

Banjo-

@komodo182 Yeah, three weeks without playing is a good reason to boot somebody.

Banjo-

komodo182

@BlueOcean Don't worry. Chakra and myself are watching haha. We just don't want to boot anyone who wants to play. So if there is no activity in 4 weeks, that's fair to boot imo (unless they message us or something)

komodo182

Anyone know if multiplayer points are based off your season rating vs others or your car rating vs others (of course depending on your placement as well)?

komodo182

Anyone else pay double tax if you buy something from this game?
The listing says price includes taxes, but when I pay for it, I get charged taxes again. I only spent like $12 on this game, so no biggie, just annoying.
I contacted nintendo about this, but they said its a tax from my country, not nintendo. I asked them to change the listing if that is the case since its false advertising on the Canadian Nintendo eShop.
I'm curious if its just in Canada where it's doubled tax or is it else where too?

Banjo-

@komodo182 No idea about the points because I have played solo until I joined the club two days ago.

About taxes, here in UK & EU taxes are always included everywhere and fixed but in US and probably Canada taxes are added depending on the state. It's less confusing here in my opinion. However, I don't agree with Nintendo, they are the ones collecting the taxes and then they pay the Government months later so they are the ones to clarify that and I would insist.

Banjo-

Daniel36

I think it is mostly your seasonal ratings, though at certain times even those are all over the place. I was close to hitting 2000 when I was racing against 2200 and a 1700 rated players. I suspect that there just weren't as many players online at that moment, since a race later I only raced against 3 other people.

Usually my rating in the season is very close to my opponents.

Daniel36

komodo182

@BlueOcean I wish prices included tax already. It would make things easier imo.

bluedogrulez

@komodo182 (1) I noticed the tax as well. I suspect Gameloft includes the tax in its price, but the tax is assessed by the eShop. (2) I can't believe you've only spent $12...that's awesome. (3) I think the MP league points awarded is based directly on the amount of drivers that should beat you based upon season ranking and nothing else. Saturday, it took me like 8 races to reach 1500+ because I was the lowest rated driver with pimped out cars (Camaro, Vette, Iconic) against replacement vehicles (i.e., cars used only when others out of gas). First on the grid, first across the line, 80-90 points in 1:30. Glorious.

Edited on by bluedogrulez

Asphalt 9 / Siege Engine FTW

komodo182

@bluedogrulez probably why it's easier to get higher up at the end of the season

CurryPowderKeg79

@bluedogrulez you can set your zip code in Eshop to a state that doesn't charge sales tax. You can use any zip code from Montana and never pay sales tax again.

Edited on by CurryPowderKeg79

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
ASPHALT 9: LEGENDS

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

C-Chakra

Yea, the scoring goes by your rating vs the other racers and how many there are. If you win a race where everyone is higher and there are the full 8 racers you get a ton of points. It does get easier as the season gets nearer to the end due to the more normal, average players hitting legend. Before the last few days it's only really the super freak players with ungodly skills and the best cars that get there that early.

Not sure about cars, they definitely don't affect your score but I think they might factor into who you are being matched with. Not all the time though, I think it depends how busy it is. Sometimes when I use my really higher rank cars I get matched with one or two really low ranks (I think this is because they are the only ones available), but when it's busy and a full race I usually get matched against extremely high ranks. Likewise, when I drop down to my lower rank cars I seem to get more people who are easier to beat... I may just be imagining this though lol.

Edited on by C-Chakra

Switch Friend Code: SW-8045-4533-8325

bluedogrulez

@C-Chakra I agree that your vehicle matters when getting matches in MP. I get stoked to race with a better car or my shiny new upgrades and all of a sudden i’m way overmatched against cars i dont even have!

@CurryPowderKeg79 That’s genius!

One tip i’ll throw out—You guys know I love my 50th Camaro. I started getting rammed at the line. I gave up my sweet custom paint job (chameleon green to purple) and went back to the standard red. No more ramming...they never me coming!

Asphalt 9 / Siege Engine FTW

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic