Forums

Topic: ARMS

Posts 1,141 to 1,160 of 1,369

TuVictus

I don't care what the character is, what color or sex or nationality they are, I just want to know if their gimmick will beat out Twintelles for me.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

JasmineDragon

I played a bunch of rounds with my kid today, after several weeks devoted to Splatoon 2. It was great to get back into it. I think Splatoon beats ARMS as a single-player experience, but ARMS totally owns local multiplayer on the Switch. Very much looking forward to the next update.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

meleebrawler

@JasmineDragon I get the feeling most people talking down towards ARMS online are indeed people who do not have many friends to play locally with. ARMS, at least the way it is now, is indeed best enjoyed in short to medium bursts of playtime, whereas Splatoon generally warrants longer play sessions to get the most out of things that happen.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

erv

The new character is from lollipop land and looks awesome:)

I wonder what her unique abilities do. It's amazing how different each character plays

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Haru17

Oh god, she's a hideous mime... candy... clown...

Haha, but discounting the relative obnoxious gaudiness of her character design, Lola Pop (sigh) seems interesting for the game. She brings with her three new arms and a stage with a very nice classical theme. I'm not clear on what her gimmick is besides the visual detail of inflating while she guards — perhaps something like Master Mummy?

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

ThomGee

Lola Pop looks like a pretty cool character, though a very strange one as well. I don't really get what her gimmicks are. I think she can charge her ARMS and then jump to hover for a bit like Mechanica and do a fast fall like Ribbon Girl, but Lola's fast fall makes her invulnerable.

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

JasmineDragon

@Haru17 I'll be honest, I had really built up hope for a Middle Eastern fighter based on that fuzzy teaser, but Lola isn't hideous. I think she's adorable. I'm not much of a clown person, but they really nailed her design. I'm looking forward to this.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

WarioIsTopTier

I'm not sure, but I think her gimmick, or at least one of them, is that she can move while blocking. I love her design, but I dunno how interesting she looks to play. The new stage and arms look brilliant though.

Edit: I asked my friend what he thought and all he said was "Lola Pop is a Lola Thot." and then went offine.
I'm strangely fine with that.

Edited on by WarioIsTopTier

WarioIsTopTier

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo has brought back the ARMS Global Testpunch but unlike last time it's a giant block rather than multiple small blocks:

25th August 4pm - 27th August 9pm UK time.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TuVictus

I don't like her design, not a fan of the clown / puffy balloon aesthetic, but her weapons / block look pretty useful. Deflecting punches back at people seems like a good way to get opponents to rage when you perfect her

TuVictus

Nintendoforlife

Hopefully the update also brings the first of the events. All in all though ARMS is just too laggy to be enjoyable to me. Not being able to land a punch while the other player lands everything is incredibly frustrating. And in a game where every drop of damage counts, the enjoyment drained fast.

Nintendoforlife

Haru17

Do you have a wired internet connection?

And it's awesome that Nintendo is giving people a big second chance at the demo, I don't see how that could hurt them.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Nintendoforlife

Haru17 wrote:

Do you have a wired internet connection?

And it's awesome that Nintendo is giving people a big second chance at the demo, I don't see how that could hurt them.

Nah it's a wireless router.

Nintendoforlife

meleebrawler

@BigYellow It definitely looks that way (though it contradicts the teaser they gave us. We should probably take all that grainy footage with a grain of salt from now on), though it goes a bit further than that. She seems able to do both a long dash and high jump out of her balloon block, as well as dropping to the ground quickly with it (which would also make her the only character who can ''block'' in mid-air). Her air mobility also seems to be on par with Kid Cobra's, with extra height to boot.

Design-wise, to me is an example of ''less is more''. The clown motif is clear, but also doesn't distract too much from the personality of the character.

Edited on by meleebrawler

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Spoony_Tech

I just want to know when shes coming out. The updates have been far and few between.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@Spoony_Tech There seems to be an update per month so I'd guess September.
June - Spectator mode
July - Max Brass
August - Balancing and bug fixes

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Spoony_Tech

The only one of those i consider a real update was Max Brass. Need more characters and stages now. Splatoon 2 is much faster and more giving.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic