Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 441 to 460 of 1,959

Splat

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

Splat

So at this weeks Smackdown that wasn't really Sin Cara wrestling as Sin Cara how messed up is that?

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/wwe-news/photo-of-the-phony...

WWE developmental worker Hunico was under the Sin Cara hood at last night's Smackdown taping. He faced Tyson Kidd in a match that will air on Friday night.

Untitled

After watching the match you can totally tell dude is way to tall and just not as good.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

Tasuki

Splat wrote:

So at this weeks Smackdown that wasn't really Sin Cara wrestling as Sin Cara how messed up is that?

WWE developmental worker Hunico was under the Sin Cara hood at last night's Smackdown taping. He faced Tyson Kidd in a match that will air on Friday night.

Untitled

After watching the match you can totally tell dude is way to tall and just not as good.

I thought something was wrong when I saw him on Tuesday but I thought maybe he was just off. From what I read from various places is the guy that normal portrays Sin Cara is suspended for 30 days due to testing positive for a substance.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

LordTendoboy

Tasuki wrote:

Splat wrote:

Untitled

I thought something was wrong when I saw him on Tuesday but I thought maybe he was just off. From what I read from various places is the guy that normal portrays Sin Cara is suspended for 30 days due to testing positive for a substance.

Oh come on, they ALL do some sort of steroid. And pro wrestling isn't even a real sport, it's all for show and entertainment.

Why can't the WWE just grow up and make wresting a real sport like boxing or UFC? It's so... fake! What's the point?

What if boxing was fake? What if basketball was fake?

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

Ark

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Oh come on, they ALL do some sort of steroid. And pro wrestling isn't even a real sport, it's all for show and entertainment.

Why can't the WWE just grow up and make wresting a real sport like boxing or UFC? It's so... fake! What's the point?

Yawn, the same old basic trolling. Do you have any evidence for that bold claim of all wrestlers using steroids? Ever heard of the wellness policies? TNA lacks one, but WWE seems to be quite strict about it after the whole Benoit incident.

Seriously though, it's an entertainment thing. People watch movies despite the fact that everyone is acting. Pro wrestling is similar. It's not about true strength like the UFC, but "ideal strength". Everyone knows it's fake, but that doesn't ruin the feeling of excitement for some. Evidently people care about it enough, even if you don't. For people like you, there's always boxing or the UFC. Enjoy whatever floats your boat.

Edited on by Ark

LordTendoboy

Scypher wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Yawn, the same old basic trolling. Do you have any evidence for that bold claim of all wrestlers using steroids? Ever heard of the wellness policies? TNA lacks one, but WWE seems to be quite strict about it after the whole Benoit incident.

Seriously though, it's an entertainment thing. People watch movies despite the fact that everyone is acting. Pro wrestling is similar. It's not about true strength like the UFC, but "ideal strength". Everyone knows it's fake, but that doesn't ruin the feeling of excitement for some. Evidently people care about it enough.

But that's the thing, it's not even really a competition. It's just a bunch of people ACTING. The punches are fake, the "drama" is the only exciting thing about the WWE. At least with boxing and UFC, you have real competitive fighting. NFL, NBA, NHL, etc are all competitive sports with real winners and losers. There is a lot at stake in those sports. The WWE is just for show.

[...

LordTendoboy

WaveBoy wrote:

If there's one thing i hate just as much as reality TV, it's WWE/WWF....lol
Ya, i used to watch it here and there during the Hulk Hogan, Razor Ramone and Tug Boat days back in the early 90's.....But damn....for me it's just a complete WTF time waster. Really what 'is' the point. Reality TV isn't even real 90 perfect of the time, that's all staged too, so what in the hell is the point of that also? I guess, entertainment is entertainment regardless.

But we all have to admit, if the WWF were in fact real, the matches would be totaly sloppy, boring and nowhere near as entertaining(even though they're still not for me) as they are staged/faked. It's like a living breathing Westlemania Soap opera hehe. But ya....Real wrestling is incredibly boring, and I'd much rather do with the fun over the top steroid bouncin' loud and obnoxious costume wearing dudeskies of the WWF. But regardless, I'd still pass.lol

Oh and I used to LOVE the Ultimate Warrior, that guy was freakin nuts!

Actually most "reality" TV is unscripted. The people are told what to say, but it's all improvised. I don't know why they do it, I guess just for dramatic effect.

[...

Ark

@tendoboy
You'd be flat-out lying to say WWE employees don't risk their bodies constantly though, for the purpose of entertainment. Yes, the results are scripted and there are pre-determined spots sometimes, but people constantly get injured, bleed, and even kill themselves on very rare occasions. Check out the infamous Mankind VS Undertaker at Hell in a Cell to see an example of true devotion.

They're constantly putting their lives on the line. If you're looking for competition, WWE doesn't offer that. But why should it? That isn't what it's about. That's what boxing and the UFC are for.

Not even much of a fan (hence me never posting here until now), but I can respect the work of these people and their devotion to their fans.

Edited on by Ark

The_Fox

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Scypher wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Seriously though, it's an entertainment thing. People watch movies despite the fact that everyone is acting. Pro wrestling is similar. It's not about true strength like the UFC, but "ideal strength". Everyone knows it's fake, but that doesn't ruin the feeling of excitement for some. Evidently people care about it enough.

But that's the thing, it's not even really a competition. It's just a bunch of people ACTING. The punches are fake, the "drama" is the only exciting thing about the WWE. At least with boxing and UFC, you have real competitive fighting. NFL, NBA, NHL, etc are all competitive sports with real winners and losers. There is a lot at stake in those sports. The WWE is just for show.

Hah, treating professional boxing as a legitimate sport. That ship sailed years ago.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

LordTendoboy

@Scypher

But that's why point. WHY doesn't WWE offer real competition? It would be so much more enjoyable if there was actually something at stake, like the wrestler's reputation. They need to have real rivalries, real fighting, real drama. None of this scripted stuff.

[...

LordTendoboy

@The_Fox

What do you mean boxing isn't a real sport anymore? It's all fake now too? Boxing has always been real. The fighting is real, the punches are real, the rules are real, the competition is real. What do you think inspired UFC and MMA?

Edited on by LordTendoboy

[...

Tasuki

Ok guys lets stop the trolling we all know its fake but so are movies and tv shows. We dont go dogging what you watch so dont do it to what we watch.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

The_Fox

tendoboy1984 wrote:

@The_Fox

What do you mean boxing isn't a real sport anymore? It's all fake now too? Boxing has always been real. The fighting is real, the punches are real, the rules are real, the competition is real. What do you think inspired UFC and MMA?

Boxing has had rampant corruption and numerous fixed matches. What little dignity that didn't destroy was ruined by the boxers themselves.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

LordTendoboy

@The_Fox

Really?! Has the same thing happened with UFC?

And fixed matches happen all the time in WWE. Ok I'll stop now.

[...

LordTendoboy

WTF is that?! That's the most awkward thing I've ever seen!

[...

y2josh

Here are my predictions for SummerSlam, what are yours?

John Cena VS CM Punk: Punk wins, Cena wants a hand shake from CM Punk after having a slobber knocker, CM Punk doesn't shake his hand, Cena gives punk an Attitude Adjustment and maybe an STF as the crowd boo him. Cena is stopped my officials and such. Alberto Del Rio cashes in on Punk.

Christian VS Randy Orton: Christian, I'm tired of this feud by now and really couldn't care less

Kelly Kelly VS Beth Phoenix: Kelly Kelly

Sheamus VS Mark Henry: Sheamus

Daniel Bryan VS Wade Barrett: Daniel Bryan

y2josh

JusticeColde

I don't know if anybody remembers this but, WWF did offer a real shoot fighting competition called "Brawl For All" where Dr. Death Steve Williams was expected to win... But He lost to Bart Gunn in the 2nd round.

Also at Wrestlemania XV, Bart Gunn was in a boxing match with Butterbean... Bart Gunn got knocked out in less than :30 and was never heard from again.

Brawl For All also caused serious injuries for Steve Blackman & Road Warrior Hawk, It also ended Savio Vega's WWF career due to an old arm injury.

So it goes to show, If all pro wrestling was real, Then a lot of people would be out of a job really fast.

edit: I almost forgot to mention that Brawl For All basically killed Steve Williams career as a whole.

And YES, We know, You don't to tell us about wrestling being fake anymore, It's not '93 anymore.

Edited on by JusticeColde

Tecmo Action Bowl 2014 is available now, get you copy today.
Entertainment, turday.
BL Beatmania '15

3DS Friend Code: 5000-5118-3210 | Nintendo Network ID: JusticeColde | Twitter:

theblackdragon

once again: we're done with the same old 'lol wrestling is fake' BS. we all know it's fake, and people do indeed still derive enjoyment from watching it anyway. if you have nothing better to do than come into this thread to point that out, do yourself a favor and don't.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

stories > sports imo

so yeah

I like good stories. Especially after the biggest worthless and lame anti-climax known as the 2004 World Series.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic