General Discussion Forum

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Showing 441 to 460 of 1,271

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

441. Posted:

Well I just got back for the taping for this Friday's Smackdown and I have to say I really enjoyed it alot. I dont know if it was because I was there live or what. Just in case you are all wondering I had really good seats I was in the lower section back and to the side of the announcers, straight back from the ring post. I will try and look for some photos in a few days and see if I can see myself in the crowd.

@the_shpydar: Sadly Zack isnt on the card for this weeks Smackdown but he did come out to shoot the T-Shirt cannon so I gave him some mad props for you when he did. I also almost scored one of his shirts if only I was two more rows back.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Splat

442. Posted:

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

AuthorMessage

Splat

443. Posted:

AJ from Tough Enough jobs vs Brodus Clay on this weeks WWE Superstars if anyone cares.

Starts 19 mins in.

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/wwe-news/watch-today-s-wwe-...

Edited on by Splat

AuthorMessage

Splat

444. Posted:

So at this weeks Smackdown that wasn't really Sin Cara wrestling as Sin Cara how messed up is that?

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/wwe-news/photo-of-the-phony...

WWE developmental worker Hunico was under the Sin Cara hood at last night's Smackdown taping. He faced Tyson Kidd in a match that will air on Friday night.

Untitled

After watching the match you can totally tell dude is way to tall and just not as good.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

445. Posted:

Splat wrote:

So at this weeks Smackdown that wasn't really Sin Cara wrestling as Sin Cara how messed up is that?

WWE developmental worker Hunico was under the Sin Cara hood at last night's Smackdown taping. He faced Tyson Kidd in a match that will air on Friday night.

Untitled

After watching the match you can totally tell dude is way to tall and just not as good.

I thought something was wrong when I saw him on Tuesday but I thought maybe he was just off. From what I read from various places is the guy that normal portrays Sin Cara is suspended for 30 days due to testing positive for a substance.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

446. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Splat wrote:

Untitled

I thought something was wrong when I saw him on Tuesday but I thought maybe he was just off. From what I read from various places is the guy that normal portrays Sin Cara is suspended for 30 days due to testing positive for a substance.

Oh come on, they ALL do some sort of steroid. And pro wrestling isn't even a real sport, it's all for show and entertainment.

Why can't the WWE just grow up and make wresting a real sport like boxing or UFC? It's so... fake! What's the point?

What if boxing was fake? What if basketball was fake?

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

Ark

447. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Oh come on, they ALL do some sort of steroid. And pro wrestling isn't even a real sport, it's all for show and entertainment.

Why can't the WWE just grow up and make wresting a real sport like boxing or UFC? It's so... fake! What's the point?

Yawn, the same old basic trolling. Do you have any evidence for that bold claim of all wrestlers using steroids? Ever heard of the wellness policies? TNA lacks one, but WWE seems to be quite strict about it after the whole Benoit incident.

Seriously though, it's an entertainment thing. People watch movies despite the fact that everyone is acting. Pro wrestling is similar. It's not about true strength like the UFC, but "ideal strength". Everyone knows it's fake, but that doesn't ruin the feeling of excitement for some. Evidently people care about it enough, even if you don't. For people like you, there's always boxing or the UFC. Enjoy whatever floats your boat.

Edited on by Ark

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

448. Posted:

If there's one thing i hate just as much as reality TV, it's WWE/WWF....lol
Ya, i used to watch it here and there during the Hulk Hogan, Razor Ramone and Tug Boat days back in the early 90's.....But damn....for me it's just a complete WTF time waster. Really what 'is' the point. Reality TV isn't even real 90 perfect of the time, that's all staged too, so what in the hell is the point of that also? I guess, entertainment is entertainment regardless. :p

But we all have to admit, if the WWF were in fact real, the matches would be totaly sloppy, boring and nowhere near as entertaining(even though they're still not for me) as they are staged/faked. :p It's like a living breathing Westlemania Soap opera hehe. But ya....Real wrestling is incredibly boring, and I'd much rather do with the fun over the top steroid bouncin' loud and obnoxious costume wearing dudeskies of the WWF. But regardless, I'd still pass.lol But I'd without a doubt take it over the UFC or Boxing.

Oh and I used to LOVE the Ultimate Warrior, that guy was freakin nuts! :D

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

449. Posted:

Scypher wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Yawn, the same old basic trolling. Do you have any evidence for that bold claim of all wrestlers using steroids? Ever heard of the wellness policies? TNA lacks one, but WWE seems to be quite strict about it after the whole Benoit incident.

Seriously though, it's an entertainment thing. People watch movies despite the fact that everyone is acting. Pro wrestling is similar. It's not about true strength like the UFC, but "ideal strength". Everyone knows it's fake, but that doesn't ruin the feeling of excitement for some. Evidently people care about it enough.

But that's the thing, it's not even really a competition. It's just a bunch of people ACTING. The punches are fake, the "drama" is the only exciting thing about the WWE. At least with boxing and UFC, you have real competitive fighting. NFL, NBA, NHL, etc are all competitive sports with real winners and losers. There is a lot at stake in those sports. The WWE is just for show.

PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

450. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Ya, i used to watch it here and there during the Hulk Hogan, Razor Ramone and Tug Boat days back in the early 90's.....But damn....for me it's just a complete WTF time waster. Really what 'is' the point. Reality TV isn't even real 90 perfect of the time, that's all staged too, so what in the hell is the point of that also? I guess, entertainment is entertainment regardless. :p

But we all have to admit, if the WWF were in fact real, the matches would be totaly sloppy, boring and nowhere near as entertaining(even though they're still not for me) as they are staged/faked. :p It's like a living breathing Westlemania Soap opera hehe. But ya....Real wrestling is incredibly boring, and I'd much rather do with the fun over the top steroid bouncin' loud and obnoxious costume wearing dudeskies of the WWF. But regardless, I'd still pass.lol

Actually most "reality" TV is unscripted. The people are told what to say, but it's all improvised. I don't know why they do it, I guess just for dramatic effect.

PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

451. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

But we all have to admit, if the WWF were in fact real, the matches would be totaly sloppy, boring and nowhere near as entertaining(even though they're still not for me) as they are staged/faked. :p It's like a living breathing Westlemania Soap opera hehe. But ya....Real wrestling is incredibly boring, and I'd much rather do with the fun over the top steroid bouncin' loud and obnoxious costume wearing dudeskies of the WWF. But regardless, I'd still pass.lol

Actually most "reality" TV is unscripted. The people are told what to say, but it's all improvised. I don't know why they do it, I guess just for dramatic effect.

Of course it's not scripted dialogue wise, but like you said they are told what to say or 'bring up' or where to go and this and that at times. Who knows what's going on behind the camera. Gene Simmons Family Jewels is totaly staged.....It's like, oh look "Sherrin's home" Yup just on time! what little crazy event shall we bust out with the family now. The entire show comes off as a reality sitcom. :p But lets get real here, if all of these so called reality TV shows were in fact 'real' and the producers didn't give them anything to go off of, it would truly be utterly boring, and depressing.lol

Speaking of sitcoms, and this is totaly random...But Full House owns all.lol B-)

Edited on by WaveWarlock

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

Ark

452. Posted:

@tendoboy
You'd be flat-out lying to say WWE employees don't risk their bodies constantly though, for the purpose of entertainment. Yes, the results are scripted and there are pre-determined spots sometimes, but people constantly get injured, bleed, and even kill themselves on very rare occasions. Check out the infamous Mankind VS Undertaker at Hell in a Cell to see an example of true devotion.

They're constantly putting their lives on the line. If you're looking for competition, WWE doesn't offer that. But why should it? That isn't what it's about. That's what boxing and the UFC are for.

Not even much of a fan (hence me never posting here until now), but I can respect the work of these people and their devotion to their fans.

Edited on by Ark

AuthorMessage

ArgyleJunkie

453. Posted:

I'm not a fan of wrestling, but I don't have anything against people who like it. It's like how I enjoy My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic( I never thought I would make that connection :D). I love it, but it's not everyone's cup of tea.

don't get butthurt if u get memed on

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

454. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Scypher wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Seriously though, it's an entertainment thing. People watch movies despite the fact that everyone is acting. Pro wrestling is similar. It's not about true strength like the UFC, but "ideal strength". Everyone knows it's fake, but that doesn't ruin the feeling of excitement for some. Evidently people care about it enough.

But that's the thing, it's not even really a competition. It's just a bunch of people ACTING. The punches are fake, the "drama" is the only exciting thing about the WWE. At least with boxing and UFC, you have real competitive fighting. NFL, NBA, NHL, etc are all competitive sports with real winners and losers. There is a lot at stake in those sports. The WWE is just for show.

Hah, treating professional boxing as a legitimate sport. That ship sailed years ago.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

455. Posted:

@Scypher

But that's why point. WHY doesn't WWE offer real competition? It would be so much more enjoyable if there was actually something at stake, like the wrestler's reputation. They need to have real rivalries, real fighting, real drama. None of this scripted stuff.

PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

456. Posted:

@The_Fox

What do you mean boxing isn't a real sport anymore? It's all fake now too? Boxing has always been real. The fighting is real, the punches are real, the rules are real, the competition is real. What do you think inspired UFC and MMA?

Edited on by LordTendoboy

PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

457. Posted:

Ok guys lets stop the trolling we all know its fake but so are movies and tv shows. We dont go dogging what you watch so dont do it to what we watch.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

458. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

@The_Fox

What do you mean boxing isn't a real sport anymore? It's all fake now too? Boxing has always been real. The fighting is real, the punches are real, the rules are real, the competition is real. What do you think inspired UFC and MMA?

Boxing has had rampant corruption and numerous fixed matches. What little dignity that didn't destroy was ruined by the boxers themselves.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

459. Posted:

@The_Fox

Really?! Has the same thing happened with UFC?

And fixed matches happen all the time in WWE. :D Ok I'll stop now.

PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

460. Posted:

Ya, well....You've gotta admit, those early Matches with Mike Tyson when he was young were freakin INtense and were quite amazing to see since his opponent rarely lasted past the first round. It was like,"OH Sh***, Mike's going to rip this guy apart" :o

Also, this video of Gold Dust makes me bust a nut everytime haha. :D

Edited on by WaveWarlock