Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 461 to 480 of 1,969

RoryLee

Some of the best Professional wrestlers have had a great career in MMA. Nobokiko Takada, Ken Shamrock, Brock Lesnar, Kazushi Sakuraba, Don Frye, Don The Beast Severyn, Dos Caros Jr. and a whole bunch of Japenese fighters. About the hardest thing in MMA is the training by far. Wrestlers really have no off-time and usually work through the injuries. I hear MMA announcers say that wrestling is fake, but they also say that its one tough sport to do.

I'm a fan of both but I have to say that Iam a bigger fan of Wrestling by far. I train in Judo myself and I have a friend that teaches Brazilian Jui Jitsu and he even respects what the wrestlers do. I really hate to defend wrestling all the time just because someone watches UFC with their Tapout shirt thinks they know it all and always talk down about professional wrestling.

Edited on by RoryLee

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

LordTendoboy

JusticeColde wrote:

I don't know if anybody remembers this but, WWF did offer a real shoot fighting competition called "Brawl For All" where Dr. Death Steve Williams was expected to win... But He lost to Bart Gunn in the 2nd round.

Also at Wrestlemania XV, Bart Gunn was in a boxing match with Butterbean... Bart Gunn got knocked out in less than :30 and was never heard from again.

Brawl For All also caused serious injuries for Steve Blackman & Road Warrior Hawk, It also ended Savio Vega's WWF career due to an old arm injury.

So it goes to show, If all pro wrestling was real, Then a lot of people would be out of a job really fast.

edit: I almost forgot to mention that Brawl For All basically killed Steve Williams career as a whole.

How is it that UFC fighters can do that stuff and still come back for more, yet when pro wrestlers try it they get pwned?

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

y2josh

UFC fighters and Wrestling performers go through completely different kinds of training.

y2josh

Splat

Hater says - It's FAKE!

Fan says - It's entertainment!

Rinse lather repeat.

I have been dealing with this for years.

Edited on by Splat

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

Tasuki

tendoboy1984 wrote:

JusticeColde wrote:

I don't know if anybody remembers this but, WWF did offer a real shoot fighting competition called "Brawl For All" where Dr. Death Steve Williams was expected to win... But He lost to Bart Gunn in the 2nd round.

Also at Wrestlemania XV, Bart Gunn was in a boxing match with Butterbean... Bart Gunn got knocked out in less than :30 and was never heard from again.

Brawl For All also caused serious injuries for Steve Blackman & Road Warrior Hawk, It also ended Savio Vega's WWF career due to an old arm injury.

So it goes to show, If all pro wrestling was real, Then a lot of people would be out of a job really fast.

edit: I almost forgot to mention that Brawl For All basically killed Steve Williams career as a whole.

How is it that UFC fighters can do that stuff and still come back for more, yet when pro wrestlers try it they get pwned?

Its because UFC has different set of rules than pro wrestling. You dont have anyone jumping off of a 20 ft steel cage or going through a flaming table. WHen was the last time Forrest Griffin got smacked around with a barbed wire baseball bat?

Anyway IMO the current UFC is crap. To many rules and regulations if I wanted "real" UFC I will watch the first 5.

Anyway I am down ranting now if you all are going to come in here and flame pro wrestling than as the TBD said do it somewhere else please. Besides comparing UFC to WWE is like comparing baseball to football. Neither one is better than the other they are just different.

As for Summer Slam goes I am heading over to the local sports bar to watch it, and I wouldnt be surprised to see Alberto Del Rio walk out the WWE Champion.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

EvilRegal

So, guys, who walks out as undisputed WWE Champion tonight? Somehow, I'm afraid Triple H is going to screw over CM Punk, in order to get a feud started there, as they're obviously getting simmered up. So, the developing feud between the two says Cena wins via biased officiating. On the other hand, that would kill all the momentum WWE has gotten with Punk thus far turning him into the newest megastar/main eventer. And they caught lightning in a bottle with him and this storyline. WWE has shown they're not too bright sometimes, so I'm afraid Cena wins tonight (but after a grueling bout may give it right up to Alberto Del RIiiiiiiiiiiiioooooooooo).

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

Splat

Untitled

EvilRegal

Splat wrote:

Untitled

Darn right we riot. And my keyboard is going to become a friggin pipe bomb!!!

EvilRegal

PIPE BOMB!!! Greatest entertainer in WWE PERIOD!
[youtube:OGjHeDuu8Xg]
[youtube:Dizas0_g7XA]
Can't forget the ice cream bars while rooting Punk on to victory tonight!!!
[youtube:BOxl_S6OEOc]

Edited on by EvilRegal

Splat

Punk is so awesome lol.

I want him to talk about the fake Sin Cara so bad... It would be so epic.

RoryLee

Do you know who is playing as Sin Cara? And is he coming back?

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

Tasuki

Rorylee wrote:

Do you know who is playing as Sin Cara? And is he coming back?

Yes the original Sin Cara will be back after his 30 days are up.

My Backlog

Splat

Rorylee wrote:

Do you know who is playing as Sin Cara?

Developmental worker Hunico.

Also Booker T replaceing Jim Ross for SS is a freaking joke.

Edited on by Splat

EvilRegal

Randy Orton is World Champion again. Cena wins it'll pretty much be retention of the old guard by WWE. Wonder what role daddy's little girl will play in Cena/Punk? You know she'll get involved. Crowd behind hopefully the soon to be undisputed champ CM Punk! Like he's back in Chi-town for MitB.

Edited on by EvilRegal

y2josh

Looks like a crappy PPV so far other than maybe CM Punk and Cena, but I've not read those spoilers yet.

y2josh

Tasuki

Well just as I thought Del Rio is the Champ now. Although I didnt expect that run in by Diesel (Kevin Nash). Looks like you are going to have some build up with Cena and Triple H for that bad call and Punk and Diesel now.

And now it looks like they are going to build the WWE Championship hype between Alberto and Rey.

Oh and it was nice to see Edge too.

My Backlog

EvilRegal

Can't say much now. Have fallen into a deep depression...

y2josh

Del Rio is SOOOOOOOOOOO BORRRRRRRRIIIINNNNNNNNNNGG

Also, I bet they wanted to get all that heel heat off of Cena so the feud is ending quickly

Edited on by y2josh

y2josh

EvilRegal

y2josh wrote:

Del Rio is SOOOOOOOOOOO BORRRRRRRRIIIINNNNNNNNNNGG

Also, I bet they wanted to get all that heel heat off of Cena so the feud is ending quickly

Watch tomorrow, Punk and Cena setting aside their differences AND solidifying their face status to form a tag team that would face Del Rio and Nash in the near future. At least if I'm going by typical WWE script. Tomorrow is also going to be like Cinco de Mayo on Raw, both with festivities with the new champion gloating, and Del Rio vs. Mysterio.

Edited on by EvilRegal

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic