General Discussion Forum

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Showing 461 to 480 of 1,154

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

461. Posted:

WTF is that?! That's the most awkward thing I've ever seen!

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

462. Posted:

Paul Bearer doesn't have to say anything to make me laugh. lol

The Ultimate Warrior as his crazy self. :p

Edited on by theblackdragon

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
Nintendo FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

y2josh

463. Posted:

Here are my predictions for SummerSlam, what are yours?

John Cena VS CM Punk: Punk wins, Cena wants a hand shake from CM Punk after having a slobber knocker, CM Punk doesn't shake his hand, Cena gives punk an Attitude Adjustment and maybe an STF as the crowd boo him. Cena is stopped my officials and such. Alberto Del Rio cashes in on Punk.

Christian VS Randy Orton: Christian, I'm tired of this feud by now and really couldn't care less

Kelly Kelly VS Beth Phoenix: Kelly Kelly

Sheamus VS Mark Henry: Sheamus

Daniel Bryan VS Wade Barrett: Daniel Bryan

The word "Gem" is overused.
PSN/gamertag: jcturtle
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6118-9371

AuthorMessage

JusticeColde

464. Posted:

I don't know if anybody remembers this but, WWF did offer a real shoot fighting competition called "Brawl For All" where Dr. Death Steve Williams was expected to win... But He lost to Bart Gunn in the 2nd round.

Also at Wrestlemania XV, Bart Gunn was in a boxing match with Butterbean... Bart Gunn got knocked out in less than :30 and was never heard from again.

Brawl For All also caused serious injuries for Steve Blackman & Road Warrior Hawk, It also ended Savio Vega's WWF career due to an old arm injury.

So it goes to show, If all pro wrestling was real, Then a lot of people would be out of a job really fast.

edit: I almost forgot to mention that Brawl For All basically killed Steve Williams career as a whole.

And YES, We know, You don't to tell us about wrestling being fake anymore, It's not '93 anymore.

Edited on by JusticeColde

Watch my stuffs
250 games and counting
Follow me to fun

Nintendo Network ID: JusticeColde | Twitter: JusticeColde

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

465. Posted:

once again: we're done with the same old 'lol wrestling is fake' BS. we all know it's fake, and people do indeed still derive enjoyment from watching it anyway. if you have nothing better to do than come into this thread to point that out, do yourself a favor and don't.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

466. Posted:

stories > sports imo

so yeah

I like good stories. Especially after the biggest worthless and lame anti-climax known as the 2004 World Series.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

RoryLee

467. Posted:

Some of the best Professional wrestlers have had a great career in MMA. Nobokiko Takada, Ken Shamrock, Brock Lesnar, Kazushi Sakuraba, Don Frye, Don The Beast Severyn, Dos Caros Jr. and a whole bunch of Japenese fighters. About the hardest thing in MMA is the training by far. Wrestlers really have no off-time and usually work through the injuries. I hear MMA announcers say that wrestling is fake, but they also say that its one tough sport to do.

I'm a fan of both but I have to say that Iam a bigger fan of Wrestling by far. I train in Judo myself and I have a friend that teaches Brazilian Jui Jitsu and he even respects what the wrestlers do. I really hate to defend wrestling all the time just because someone watches UFC with their Tapout shirt thinks they know it all and always talk down about professional wrestling.

Edited on by RoryLee

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

468. Posted:

JusticeColde wrote:

I don't know if anybody remembers this but, WWF did offer a real shoot fighting competition called "Brawl For All" where Dr. Death Steve Williams was expected to win... But He lost to Bart Gunn in the 2nd round.

Also at Wrestlemania XV, Bart Gunn was in a boxing match with Butterbean... Bart Gunn got knocked out in less than :30 and was never heard from again.

Brawl For All also caused serious injuries for Steve Blackman & Road Warrior Hawk, It also ended Savio Vega's WWF career due to an old arm injury.

So it goes to show, If all pro wrestling was real, Then a lot of people would be out of a job really fast.

edit: I almost forgot to mention that Brawl For All basically killed Steve Williams career as a whole.

How is it that UFC fighters can do that stuff and still come back for more, yet when pro wrestlers try it they get pwned?

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

y2josh

469. Posted:

UFC fighters and Wrestling performers go through completely different kinds of training.

The word "Gem" is overused.
PSN/gamertag: jcturtle
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6118-9371

AuthorMessage

Splat

470. Posted:

Hater says - It's FAKE!

Fan says - It's entertainment!

Rinse lather repeat.

I have been dealing with this for years.

Edited on by Splat

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

471. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

JusticeColde wrote:

How is it that UFC fighters can do that stuff and still come back for more, yet when pro wrestlers try it they get pwned?

Its because UFC has different set of rules than pro wrestling. You dont have anyone jumping off of a 20 ft steel cage or going through a flaming table. WHen was the last time Forrest Griffin got smacked around with a barbed wire baseball bat?

Anyway IMO the current UFC is crap. To many rules and regulations if I wanted "real" UFC I will watch the first 5.

Anyway I am down ranting now if you all are going to come in here and flame pro wrestling than as the TBD said do it somewhere else please. Besides comparing UFC to WWE is like comparing baseball to football. Neither one is better than the other they are just different.

As for Summer Slam goes I am heading over to the local sports bar to watch it, and I wouldnt be surprised to see Alberto Del Rio walk out the WWE Champion.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

FluttershyGuy

472. Posted:

So, guys, who walks out as undisputed WWE Champion tonight? Somehow, I'm afraid Triple H is going to screw over CM Punk, in order to get a feud started there, as they're obviously getting simmered up. So, the developing feud between the two says Cena wins via biased officiating. On the other hand, that would kill all the momentum WWE has gotten with Punk thus far turning him into the newest megastar/main eventer. And they caught lightning in a bottle with him and this storyline. WWE has shown they're not too bright sometimes, so I'm afraid Cena wins tonight (but after a grueling bout may give it right up to Alberto Del RIiiiiiiiiiiiioooooooooo).

Brony since 7/28/11
Fluttershy is best pony!!!
"Once Upon a Time" fan, and Evil Regal.
Lana Parrilla is sexiest woman alive!
FluttershyGuy on Nintendo Network. 3DS Friend Code 5241-1915-3356.

AuthorMessage

Splat

473. Posted:

Untitled

AuthorMessage

FluttershyGuy

474. Posted:

Splat wrote:

Untitled

Darn right we riot. And my keyboard is going to become a friggin pipe bomb!!!

Brony since 7/28/11

AuthorMessage

Sylverstone

475. Posted:

Splat wrote:

Untitled

Alrighty then. CM PUNK!

Sylver's Edge on YT | Pinkie Pie's Perilous Platforms! - The Devblog | Follow me! | StreetPass NYC | Sylverloggery

"I always try to create new experiences that are fun to play." - Shigeru Miyamoto

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter: Sylverstone14

AuthorMessage

FluttershyGuy

476. Posted:

PIPE BOMB!!! Greatest entertainer in WWE PERIOD!

Can't forget the ice cream bars while rooting Punk on to victory tonight!!!

Edited on by FluttershyGuy

Brony since 7/28/11

AuthorMessage

Splat

477. Posted:

Punk is so awesome lol.

I want him to talk about the fake Sin Cara so bad... It would be so epic.

AuthorMessage

RoryLee

478. Posted:

Do you know who is playing as Sin Cara? And is he coming back?

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

479. Posted:

Rorylee wrote:

Do you know who is playing as Sin Cara? And is he coming back?

Yes the original Sin Cara will be back after his 30 days are up.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Splat

480. Posted:

Rorylee wrote:

Do you know who is playing as Sin Cara?

Developmental worker Hunico.

Also Booker T replaceing Jim Ross for SS is a freaking joke.

Edited on by Splat