Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 421 to 440 of 1,969

Splat

y2josh wrote:

Just played Smackdown vs Raw 2010 at a friends house for the first time.

I own it for the Wii and really like it. My favorite part being that you can use the classic controller.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

JusticeColde

y2josh wrote:

Just played Smackdown vs Raw 2010 at a friends house for the first time.

Try 2011, That one is better than 2010... or wait for WWE' 12 with the all-new game engine/features (that might not be there) and stuff (and possibly Andre the Giant & Mick Foley on the roster)

Edited on by JusticeColde

Tecmo Action Bowl 2014 is available now, get you copy today.
Entertainment, turday.
BL Beatmania '15

3DS Friend Code: 5000-5118-3210 | Nintendo Network ID: JusticeColde | Twitter:

Splat

Yes, WWE 12 is really sounding like it should be pretty good.

EvilRegal

In my conspiracy-taxed mind, I am starting to wonder if there's another Summer Slam ending that keeps the Tale of Two WWE Titles going. A double countout, double disqualification, double pinfall (german suplex could do it), or even a regular old countout or DQ of either man. Because a title can't change hands on countout or DQ, and they're both champions!

In the olden days, you'd only have chickencrap countouts and DQs on TV tapings as a lead in to the PPV, where there would be a decisive winner. That's not necessarily the case these days! Wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see another controversy like this pop out of Summer Slam, where Punk and Cena keep the belts.

Maybe in the end it's leading to another unofficial belt (Million Dollar Belt, for example)? Whatever the case, it's hard to see an angle that's revived interest so ending so soon!

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

kkslider5552000

Cena or at least Alberto's walking out with the title. It's a given at this point.

what matters is what Punk does next.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Splat

Punk is winning he is to hot right now not to.

Tasuki

Splat wrote:

Punk is winning he is to hot right now not to.

I wouldnt be surprise the least if both John Cena and CM Punk have one hell of a match only to have Alberto come in after the match and use his MIB on the exhausted winner and than walk out of Summer Slam the champ.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

EvilRegal

What Punk says about contract signings, true dat. Punk's da man! GO PUNK!
[youtube:X7Gdznlp18I]
btw, I like The Rock's version of Cena's music better!

Edited on by EvilRegal

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

Tasuki

Ha I figured Punk was going to use Friday's releases during a promo. Wow alot of people were sporting the new Punk shirt. Totally love the way this angle is going.

Tomorrow I will be going to Smackdown . It looks like Christian and Orton will be there of course but also Triple H will make an appearance. I am so stoked about it probably not going to get to much sleep tonight.

My Backlog

kkslider5552000

Every week we need Punk promos with HHH and Cena.

Something I liked in an odd sort of way on NXT was the "talk about random stuff for 30 seconds" challenges. It honestly makes sense. Because get these guys together in a promo segment, have them talk about mustaches and cereal, and they WILL make it compelling television somehow.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

the_shpydar

@Tasuki
Cool, man! Make sure to give mad props to Assistant General Manager ZACK RYDER! WWWYKI!

A pretty good go-home RAW tonight.

I actually even enjoyed the Divas match, at least until the 50lb joke that is Kelly Kelly came out. Nice how Beth called out the crapfest that is the current Divas division ... any surprise that she's getting a good (and much deserved) push now that CM Punk is red-hot (they are dating in real life, in case anyone didn't know)?

The three-man booth worked much better tonight, with less of the usual Cole-bickering stupidity, and more of him being just a heelish commentator while JR called the action, which is how it should be.

But they really need to have Ziggler and Vicky part ways. She does nothing for his character except keep him mired in mid-card mediaocrity, and just makes me want to change the channel. Also, Swagger needs to ditch that little dance around the ring with his arms out, it makes him look ridiculous when he should be pushed as a legit badass.

And a good closing segment; i liked Punk mentioning the Friday releases, and again voicing the legit criticisms that exist of the current WWE product. I'm curious to see what happens Sunday — i also wouldn't be totally surprised if Alberto cashes in, but i think they're going to save that for a bit. Can't say i'm happy about HHH as the ref, but hopefully they have something interesting planned. We'll see.

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

kkslider5552000

the_shpydar wrote:

I actually even enjoyed the Divas match

it was enjoyable like a train wreck

seriously, no hyperbole, worst divas match of the year.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

the_shpydar

kkslider5552000 wrote:

the_shpydar wrote:

Not even close to worst of the year, or even of the month for that matter.

I hope the PPV match is like 4 seconds, with Beth just clotheslining Kelly's head off and then the pin.

The Shpydarloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

kkslider5552000

the_shpydar wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

the_shpydar wrote:

Not even close to worst of the year, or even of the month for that matter.

I feel like I'm the only one who saw Eve fail at every move and watched as the crowd completely turned on her. Because I swear to god that happened.

This show was a step down from the last few. Nothing bad outside of the divas match but everything except Swagger vs. Cena, the main event segment and R-truth and Miz's promos felt utterly forgettable. Speaking of forgetting, I hope they didn't forget about Miz and R-truth as a tag team as that would be (pun intended) AWESOME. AND THAT'S THE TRUTH.

the_shpydar

Yeah, Eve did totally botch nearly every move, but it's become so much the norm for the division that a match with at least one woman who can go immediately looks decent in comparison.

I was also a little upset they seemed to ignore the Miz/Truth thing from last week; they would make a good "anti-conspiracy" tag team. I suppose that Miz's "Why am i not on Summerslam" promo kind of worked into what they started last week; hopefully they pick that thread back up after the PPV.

The Shpydarloggery

kkslider5552000

and then there actually is a conspiracy involving every major storyline of the past year or so and R-Truth and Miz become huge faces because of it...

...is what I'll add to my list of "things that will never happen"

Tasuki

the_shpydar wrote:

@Tasuki
Cool, man! Make sure to give mad props to Assistant General Manager ZACK RYDER! WWWYKI!

A pretty good go-home RAW tonight.

I actually even enjoyed the Divas match, at least until the 50lb joke that is Kelly Kelly came out. Nice how Beth called out the crapfest that is the current Divas division ... any surprise that she's getting a good (and much deserved) push now that CM Punk is red-hot (they are dating in real life, in case anyone didn't know)?

The three-man booth worked much better tonight, with less of the usual Cole-bickering stupidity, and more of him being just a heelish commentator while JR called the action, which is how it should be.

But they really need to have Ziggler and Vicky part ways. She does nothing for his character except keep him mired in mid-card mediaocrity, and just makes me want to change the channel. Also, Swagger needs to ditch that little dance around the ring with his arms out, it makes him look ridiculous when he should be pushed as a legit badass.

And a good closing segment; i liked Punk mentioning the Friday releases, and again voicing the legit criticisms that exist of the current WWE product. I'm curious to see what happens Sunday — i also wouldn't be totally surprised if Alberto cashes in, but i think they're going to save that for a bit. Can't say i'm happy about HHH as the ref, but hopefully they have something interesting planned. We'll see.

I will for sure on the Zack Ryder thing there, I wasnt sure what show he was on sometimes I lose track of who is on what show. I didnt know that CM Punk and Beth Phoenix were an item last I heard CM Punk was dating Lita but that was about a year or so ago.

As for the Diva Division I hope that Beth gets the belt and then they work an angle with here and Natayla I would love to see the two of them go at it for the belt.

I think for Summer Slam I will go to my local sports bar and watch it there. I rather spend the $50 for the PPV on a burger and a couple of pitchers of beer.

My Backlog

y2josh

After watching that contract signing and hearing Cena speak all I can think of is heal turn for Cena at Summerslam.

y2josh

Splat

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/wwe-news/steve-austin-says-...

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin was on G4's "Attack of the Show" to promote his new movie, Tactical Force. On the show Austin was asked about the rumors about him wrestling CM Punk at Wrestlemania XXVIII. Austin said he is a huge fan of Punk and if he did come back for another match, he would want it to be against CM Punk. Austin never said if the match would happen or not, but it was pretty cool to see Austin praising Punk and saying he would love to wrestle him if he did come back for one more match.

Edited on by Splat

Tasuki

Well I just got back for the taping for this Friday's Smackdown and I have to say I really enjoyed it alot. I dont know if it was because I was there live or what. Just in case you are all wondering I had really good seats I was in the lower section back and to the side of the announcers, straight back from the ring post. I will try and look for some photos in a few days and see if I can see myself in the crowd.

@the_shpydar: Sadly Zack isnt on the card for this weeks Smackdown but he did come out to shoot the T-Shirt cannon so I gave him some mad props for you when he did. I also almost scored one of his shirts if only I was two more rows back.

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic