Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 401 to 420 of 1,959

EvilRegal

Cena/Punk main event at Summer Slam to unify the WWE Title. I NEVER would've seen that coming... I mean it's so out of left field, it came out of right field!!! I just hope they don't give Cena the win and return to the status quo Punk spoke of (that most people might expect). Would be a boring, predictable end to a great storyline because everybody knows that Cena will overcome all odds, yadda yadda yadda in the end. Just like you already knew Hogan would years ago.

But, maybe they'll surprise us like they did in Chicago. At least if Cena wins, have Alberto Del Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiooooooooooooooo successfully cash in MitB (that guy has to be the most goosebump-giving "ring announcer" since Michael Buffer)!

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

Tasuki

Wow I guess according to the votes anyway the people want Cena as champ. Just in case you are wondering I voted for CM Punk. I have to admit Punks new song is catchy I keep finding myself humming it lol.

Oh and just in case you all are wondering yes they still have the GM podium I saw it a couple of times tonight so I dont know whats going on with that angle.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

kkslider5552000

I don't think there was a single segment that wasn't perfect for what it was supposed to be. Sure, I worry these angles, like everything in wrestling, won't last longer than a month or two but for now, it was great. Even the divas match gave us the return of Beth Phoenix doing something on tv, even the match with the tag team championships held by the two most untalented guys on the roster had Zack Ryder and confirmed they've killed the Nexus angle. Lots of angles, all advanced, and all are good and make some sense. Also, Alex Riley avoided joining every face ever in making fun of Vickie too much.

It's inevitable they'll change this when ratings don't go up in the next 2 weeks and Raw will start to fail soon enough like every Summer angle but I'm enjoying it while I can.

Of course considering my luck with anything I've liked in the past few months, Raw will be cancelled.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

EvilRegal

Tasuki wrote:

Wow I guess according to the votes anyway the people want Cena as champ. Just in case you are wondering I voted for CM Punk. I have to admit Punks new song is catchy I keep finding myself humming it lol.

Oh and just in case you all are wondering yes they still have the GM podium I saw it a couple of times tonight so I dont know whats going on with that angle.

I was surprised with the vote, as lopsided as the audience cheers have seemed to be (though a little more neutral tonight). Unless little "Cenamaniacs" were voting over and over.

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

Tasuki

Also I noticed that they change Otunga and McGillicutty's theme song and they didnt have the Nexus armbands on which I guess means is the end of Nexus. Of course I kinda figured that would be the case with CM Punks current angle.

I have to add this for the current WWE Champ.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

the_shpydar

Yeah, looks like both The Nexus and the Anonymous GM angles have fallen into that classic wrestling angle category of "SHHHH! Those things never happened! FORGET! FORGET!"

RAW was good, and Punk was of course gold again. But i do wonder where they're going to go after SummerSlam. I realized tonight that RAW just doesn't have any ME/Champion-level faces beyond Cena and (arguably) Rey. So if Punk wins, we're more than likely to see him continue to feud with Cena. If Cena wins, they're not going to shuffle Punk off to another non-title feud, so same result. That's really why i would have gone with Alberto winning the title last week, and them holding off a little bit on the Champ vs Champ match, maybe until Survivor Series. But we'll see.

I'm not keen on the 3-man booth, but at least the bickering was dialed back a bit from last time. Thing is, i don't mind them bickering when it's about the actual wrestlers (eg, Cole liking the heels, etc), but when it gets into the JR vs Cole stuff, it's f'n stupid and annoying — ESPECIALLY when it's during a match. Announcers are there to get the storylines and the workers over, not to get themselves over. If you noticed though, any time Cole started up with it duirng a match, JR just ignored him and called the action. I just wish Vince would get off the backstage headset and stop feeding lines to Cole that serve no purpose except to make him and Johnny Ace chuckle.

And man, I so loved seeing Johnny Ace get chewed out, too. That was a nice little bit that made me happy.

Also, more Zack Ryder! Just baby-steps for now (first, a pointless Cole-squash, now a tag match with Santino), but it's something. A decent match too.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Splat

I get the feeling alot of people in the back "really" don't like Punk and that just makes me like him more...

Untitled

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

the_shpydar

Another of WWE's fabled "black fridays" today (where a bunch of wrestlers get released)! So far, those confirmed to be "future-endeavored" are:
Chris Masters
Vladimir Kozlov
David Hart Smith
Melina
Meanwhile, Gail Kim has also been tweeting that she quit the company (not asked for her release, just flat-out quit), but it has yet to be confirmed by WWE that she's gone).

The Shpydarloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Tasuki

Oh wow David Hart Smith and Melina thats not good. And isnt this the 3rd time that Chris Masters has left? I wonder if CM Punk is going to use these releases as ammo.

My Backlog

the_shpydar

I think technically it's the 2nd time for Masters, as i think one of those was a wellness-policy suspension.
Also, think on this ...
Masters appeared on the most most recent Zack Ryder YouTube show ...
Kozlov was partners with Santino, but recently it was Ryder who teamed with Santino ...
Melina is prominently featured in Ryder's show (as the object of Zack's dad's obsession) ....
COINCIDENCE?!?!?!
Yes.

The Shpydarloggery

y2josh

On Ryder's next video I hope there is a guest appearance of Kozlov jerking the curtain in the dark. Woo Woo Woo

y2josh

kkslider5552000

Chris Masters is proof that improving almost as much as the Miz has and being somewhat over despite doing nothing for over a year doesn't mean you are guaranteed a job.

Splat

Pretty much all the Divas in WWE are upset with how they are being used and I don't blame them.

Tasuki

Splat wrote:

Pretty much all the Divas in WWE are upset with how they are being used and I don't blame them.

I dont blame them either. I dont know why they have the Divas Championship or for that matter any other Championship but the WWE and the World Heavyweight. I remember back in the late 90's early 2000's when the Tag Team Champion, IC, and Diva (Woman's) Championship matches were as exciting to watch as the WWE Championship matches. Now it just seems like those other titles are just after thoughts, and are just thrown together at the last minute just to fill air time.

My Backlog

Splat

While the United States and Intercontinental championships aren't used well either the Women's/Divas and Tag Team championships are such an after thought it's not even funny.

The tag team Div might be the worst it has been since I have been following wrestling and I have been following it off and on for 20+ years. They just randomly throw two people together they aren't "teams" any more really sad.

kkslider5552000

To be fair this time, Kharma being pregnant kinda ruined ALL their plans and yet somehow we are getting Divas title matches multiple PPVs in a row. That's more than I'd expect, and I approve of this Beth and Natalya angle. The talent is underused and underrated and it sucks regardless.

They tag team division shouldn't be dead either but I see why it happened. They had done a good job with Jerishow, a great job even. They did the switch to DX and then Miz and Big Show and then WWE put over a legit tag team, the Hart Dynasty, in EVERY WAY POSSIBLE. Despite some questionable booking with Cryme Tyme, they were starting to have an ok divison and Primo and Carlito were gonna feud but Carlito left because he's an idiot so they brought in the Usos and NO ONE cared about them or the Hart Dynasty without Bret Hart. A shame. WWE's booking after that was still their fault but Carlito killed the division again as far as I can tell. Jerk.

So basically they give up if things don't always go their way. So WWE creative is a bunch of children. Makes sense to me.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Tasuki

Yep we need teams like The Hardy Boys and Edge and Christian and such. I agree the Usos did look good but they just didnt have anyone at their level. But from what I have heard WWE isnt the only one with a bad tag team division. From what I have heard and read TNA's is just as bad. Heck they even went as far as to beak up the Dudleys what is up with that?

My Backlog

y2josh

Just played Smackdown vs Raw 2010 at a friends house for the first time. It wasn't too bad of a game, the last one I played was 2008 and I couldn't stand it. I lost 5 matches, but I did win the WCW Championship with Edge

y2josh

y2josh

I heard that Kurt Angle and Sting was a snooze fest.

y2josh

kkslider5552000

I would have enjoyed seeing one of the best wrestlers vs. my favorite from the 90s...

...if I was dumb enough to pay attention to a company so incredibly stupid it makes the rest of Professional Wrestling seem incredibly deep and intellectual.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic