Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 1,421 to 1,440 of 1,969

ogo79

when i was young i used to tell everyone my uncle was brutus the barber beefcake.
he was the best wrastler ever.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

@the_shpydar
el oh el.
am i the only one who had these?
Untitled
Untitled
i remember going to a survivor series and it was brutus vs one man gang, one man gang won.
one man gang is fat.
and when i went to royal rumble big john studd won.
that guy was really lame.
see kids, this was the golden age of wrastlin.
you new punks are sissys and crybabies.
and probably related to big john studd.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Tasuki

bezerker99 wrote:

RIP to George 'The Animal' Steele and Ivan 'The Russian Bear' Koloff.

Also ECW original Nicole Bass as well.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

kkslider5552000

Roman Reigns opening on Monday was the best segment that has happened or will happen in WWE this year.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

the_shpydar

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Roman Reigns opening on Monday was the best segment that has happened or will happen in WWE this year.

Agreed.

Of course, immediately afterwards they had to ruin it by having the announcers give that stupid "It's the night after WM, the fans boo who they'd normally cheer and cheer who they'd normally boo" nonsense.

Here's hoping Vince & Co. finally do the right thing and start to book Roman as a heel, because now is really the perfect time.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

kkslider5552000

the_shpydar wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Agreed.

Of course, immediately afterwards they had to ruin it by having the announcers give that stupid "It's the night after WM, the fans boo who they'd normally cheer and cheer who they'd normally boo" nonsense.

Here's hoping Vince & Co. finally do the right thing and start to book Roman as a heel, because now is really the perfect time.

I'm not convinced they aren't already. At this rate, they could actually make anyone a huge star (at least for a bit) just by going against Roman.

kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Roman Reigns...on Monday was the best segment that has happened or will happen in WWE this year.

This was also true this week, weirdly enough!

the_shpydar

Braun Strowman is the greatest thing in the history of ever. I want every episode of RAW to now be nothing but 3 hours of Braun destroying everyone and everything. And then maybe eating some nachos or something.

The Shpydarloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

Braun Strowman is the greatest thing in the history of ever. I want every episode of RAW to now be nothing but 3 hours of Braun destroying everyone and everything. And then maybe eating some nachos or something.

...i had a neighbor who was not light on her feet to put it nintendo-nice.
i watched her destroy nothing but nachos for 3 hours.
they moved out thankfully.
now mc donalds doesnt have to team up with wendys to fill their orders anymore.
this message has been brought to you by
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:

Dizzy_Boy

I know there's not many TNA fans here, if at all. After being dropped from Challenge in the UK at the begging of the year, Spike TV UK are now airing the show on Friday nights between 9 and 11pm.
Looks like Jeff Jarrett and Global Force Wrestling are sending over a few of their guys to have a few matches in TNA aswell.

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

Tasuki

@dizzy_boy That's because Jeff Jarrett is back with TNA (or Impact Wrestling as it's now called). Some time last year Dixie Carter was removed as majority owner and new owners bought it out. One of the first things they did was bring Jeff Jarrett back as a minority owner as well as change the name to Impact Wresting.

My Backlog

the_shpydar

It was announced on a recent episode of Impact Wrestling that GFW has merged with Impact (though they are keeping separate GFW titles on the show for the time being).

Also, i'm not sure JJ is actually a minority owner or not (though he may be), but he is definitely part of the creative team (along with Dutch Mantell, Bruce Pritchard, Scott D'Amore, and a few other familiar names). The company was bought outright by a company called Anthem Entertainment after the whole fallout with Dixie Carter and Billy Corgan that led to messy litigation.

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery

kkslider5552000

dizzy_boy wrote:

I know there's not many TNA fans here, if at all.

That's what happens when you become a completely irrelevant show.

Dizzy_Boy

@Tasuki @the_shpdar & @kkslider5552000 It's a shame really the way things have gone the way the did, TNA /Impact was pretty good at one point. Personally, I think it started to go down hill around the time Hulk Hogan got involved. Hulk just seems to be a toxic entity wherever he goes.
The only thing that kept me watching towards the end of last year was the Hardy's doing their broken skit, infact Matt Hardy actually became far more entertaing. It would be a shame if they had to drop that because of intellectual rights.

Edited on by Dizzy_Boy

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

the_shpydar

@dizzy_boy
I agree completely. TNA used to be THE thing to watch, especially when it came to women's wrestling and cruiserweight/junior heavyweight style wrestling. But yeah, around the time that Hogan came in (and i'm no Hogan-hater), and they tried to go head-to-head with Vince, things started going drastically downhill and they've never really come back from that.

I too mainly watched over the past year for the Broken Universe stuff, which was (as Matt would say) DELIGHTFUL! It will be a shame if the IP rights issue prevented it from showing up in WWE. But contracts and IP control are tricky things (despite what a lot of the IWC would like to think, Anthem may very well have a legitimate claim), so hopefully things can get worked out.

I still watch Impact, but only half-heartedly. They do have a lot of good talent on the roster (Eli Drake is a personal fave, and people like Low-Ki and Matt Morgan coming back is cool), but they're trapped by a creative team that seems just a half-step out of touch. I think the best for them would be if they stopped trying to be WWE-lite, and just went for an old school "sports-feel" style of promotion, similar to New Japan.

The Shpydarloggery

Tasuki

@dizzy_boy I agree with @the_shpydar. I use to watch TNA back in the beginning but then when Dixie Carter got it into her head to take on Vince you could see that she bit off more then she could chew even back then. Sad thing is you aren't going to beat Vince basically the only way he's going down is if he self implodes. Either that or a major buyout but there are very few companies that could buy him out.

Hopefully the new owners can understand that and not try to take WWE out. To be honest I wish companies would stop.trying to take each other especially when it comes to pro wrestling. A little competition can be a good thing you know.

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic