Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 1,441 to 1,460 of 1,969

Dizzy_Boy

@Tasuki I noticed it more when she started to have more of an on screen prescence. The occasional walk out wasn't too bad if she had an important announcement, but getting involved weekly was unnecessary. And things kind of got especially annoying when she started to take on the authoritarian personna. All the screaching got tiresome reall quick.

Edited on by Dizzy_Boy

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

Tasuki

@dizzy_boy Yeah for me it seemed that once she got Hogan she thought that she could take Vince on especially after she got Foley, then Flair and a few other high profiled WWE stars.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Dizzy_Boy

@Tasuki I think they needed a mix of well known wrestlers aswell as their own talent. Having a few that they can afford to pay brought in exposure to the TNA brand. But that was part of the reason why TNA started to get into debt aswell. They were bringing in far too many big names, and just paying them must have cost a fortune.

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

Tasuki

@dizzy_boy Right and having too many not being able to do anything either. As much as I like seeing old stars returning like Flair or Foley you can only do so much with them out of the ring and soon you run oUT of ideas. My friends started to refer to TNA as the WWE's retirement home haha.

My Backlog

Ron_DelVillano

Hey all,

A friend and I recently started recording a podcast about professional wrestling titled Blind Tag and I'd love to get some more listeners and feedback on it. Here's the description on out iTunes page:

"Matt loves wrestling. Ron does not. Each week, Matt shows Ron the most interesting things happening in wrestling and tries to make sense of it. If you've ever been curious about wrestling, but not wanted to dedicate your life to it, this is the show for you!"

If you're interested, check us out on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/blind-tag/id1229548575?mt=2

Thanks!

Nintendo Life staff

I co-host a podcast about professional wrestling titled Blind Tag and I write/draw a daily webcomic about a werewolf in high school named Duane.

3DS Friend Code: 0344-9288-5982 | Nintendo Network ID: broomhandle | Twitter:

jump

Brilliant, Jinder is the new champ! Tbh when I went to Smackdown I didn't get why he's the bad guy as he was being booed for wanting to bring the title to the Tajj Mahal to show his people you don't have to be American to succeed in WWE whilst Orton got the title by tricking someone into thinking their friends and burning down his house whilst Wyatt cried in horror...just me?

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

kobashi100

So did anyone watch the New Japan shows in long beach California??

Edited on by kobashi100

kobashi100

Fooligan

@kobashi100 I had it on in the background. I did actually see the 8 man tag match featuring Billy Gunn and Tanahashi. Billy Gunn looks HUGE, I didn't think he was that big. I also saw Naito vs. Ishii, Kenny Omega vs. Big Mike, and Okada vs. Cody. I like all those guys so seeing them in matches against each other was great.

These pretzels are making me thirsty

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

kobashi100

@Fooligan omega vs big Mike awesome from day 1. Okada done the best he could with Cody. I honestly think Cody is bang average. As I don't watch WWE I had never seen him wrestle before he appeared in New Japan. He hasn't impressed me in one single match yet.

You need to watch the show from Sunday for real though. Some awesome matches.

kobashi100

Fooligan

@kobashi100 Yeah, night 2 is going to be shown on AXS TV this weekend. I'm definitely going to check it out.

Even though I kinda like the guy I have to agree about Cody. He wasn't a big name in the WWE so it is weird to see him as the ROH champion. ROH never struck me as the place ex-WWE guys could go and win championships.

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

Fooligan

Saw parts of night 2 of NJPW. Omega vs. Jay Lethal was awesome. Then Omega vs. Ishii later in the show was just as awesome. When Ishii hit Omega with the One Wing Angel I jumped out of my chair screaming "OOOOH 💩!!". I also saw the 8 man tag match between The Bullet Club vs. Okada, The Briscoe Bros. and Will Osprey. I didn't like all the tagging in and out from The Bullet Club but after that it was an enjoyable match.

Alright, is anybody watching WWE Great Balls of Fire right now?

shonenjump86

@Fooligan I am, playing a game on the Switch while I'm at it.

Switch Friend Code- SW-7254-3677-0897
Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Mario Kart 8, Capcom Beat em Collection, SNK Heroines.

PlayStation- Shonen86
Fighting games.

Add me if ya like.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7254-3677-0897 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-2566-1897 | Nintendo Network ID: Shonenjump86

Fooligan

@shonenjump86 What did you think of Balls bro? I only saw Joe vs. Brock. I didn't like what I saw. It was okay I just have a problem with the end. They need to take the belt off Brock. No more part timer champions!

shonenjump86

@Fooligan I thought the ppv was just ok. I had a feeling Joe wasn't going to win. I say Brock will hold the belt till SummerSlam. But I hear ya on the part timer champions.

Switch Friend Code- SW-7254-3677-0897
Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Mario Kart 8, Capcom Beat em Collection, SNK Heroines.

PlayStation- Shonen86
Fighting games.

Add me if ya like.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7254-3677-0897 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-2566-1897 | Nintendo Network ID: Shonenjump86

Fooligan

New... Day Rocks! New.. Day Rocks!! New Day Rocks!!!
Untitled
Battleground was this past Sunday. The New Day became the new Smackdown Tag Team Champions. I would have written this earlier, but my phone was acting screwy about giving me address for this picture.

Do any of you guys watch Xavier Woods (pictured above with his trombone, Francesca 2) YouTube channel UpUpDwnDwn? He plays video games with other WWE superstars. I thought I'd bring it up since we are on a video game site on a wrestling thread.

Edited on by Fooligan

the_shpydar

I've watched some of UpUpDownDown, and it's always enjoyable. It's just great seeing the wrestlers out-of-character and having a good time rather than being forced to read scripted lines fed to them by the mediocre WWE "writing team".

Meanwhile, after having watched him for years in New Japan, it's kind of depressing to see how lackluster the fed has been handling Nakamura. Sure, he's getting a push and is towards the top of the card which is as it should be, but he's been so neutered to fit in with the generic WWE style and booking.

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Tasuki

A legend has passed, R.I.P. to one of the greatest managers of all time Bobby the Brain Heenan.

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic