Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 1,441 to 1,460 of 1,474

ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

Braun Strowman is the greatest thing in the history of ever. I want every episode of RAW to now be nothing but 3 hours of Braun destroying everyone and everything. And then maybe eating some nachos or something.

...i had a neighbor who was not light on her feet to put it nintendo-nice.
i watched her destroy nothing but nachos for 3 hours.
they moved out thankfully.
now mc donalds doesnt have to team up with wendys to fill their orders anymore.
this message has been brought to you by
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Dizzy_Boy

I know there's not many TNA fans here, if at all. After being dropped from Challenge in the UK at the begging of the year, Spike TV UK are now airing the show on Friday nights between 9 and 11pm.
Looks like Jeff Jarrett and Global Force Wrestling are sending over a few of their guys to have a few matches in TNA aswell.

Switch I.D SW-0262-8074-7921
WiiU NNID: Dr_Dizzy
I`ve been a slave from the cradle to the grave.
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/58D0-0000-02BB-5718

Twitter:

Tasuki

@dizzy_boy That's because Jeff Jarrett is back with TNA (or Impact Wrestling as it's now called). Some time last year Dixie Carter was removed as majority owner and new owners bought it out. One of the first things they did was bring Jeff Jarrett back as a minority owner as well as change the name to Impact Wresting.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

the_shpydar

It was announced on a recent episode of Impact Wrestling that GFW has merged with Impact (though they are keeping separate GFW titles on the show for the time being).

Also, i'm not sure JJ is actually a minority owner or not (though he may be), but he is definitely part of the creative team (along with Dutch Mantell, Bruce Pritchard, Scott D'Amore, and a few other familiar names). The company was bought outright by a company called Anthem Entertainment after the whole fallout with Dixie Carter and Billy Corgan that led to messy litigation.

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

kkslider5552000

dizzy_boy wrote:

I know there's not many TNA fans here, if at all.

That's what happens when you become a completely irrelevant show.

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

Dizzy_Boy

@Tasuki @the_shpdar & @kkslider5552000 It's a shame really the way things have gone the way the did, TNA /Impact was pretty good at one point. Personally, I think it started to go down hill around the time Hulk Hogan got involved. Hulk just seems to be a toxic entity wherever he goes.
The only thing that kept me watching towards the end of last year was the Hardy's doing their broken skit, infact Matt Hardy actually became far more entertaing. It would be a shame if they had to drop that because of intellectual rights.

Edited on by Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

the_shpydar

@dizzy_boy
I agree completely. TNA used to be THE thing to watch, especially when it came to women's wrestling and cruiserweight/junior heavyweight style wrestling. But yeah, around the time that Hogan came in (and i'm no Hogan-hater), and they tried to go head-to-head with Vince, things started going drastically downhill and they've never really come back from that.

I too mainly watched over the past year for the Broken Universe stuff, which was (as Matt would say) DELIGHTFUL! It will be a shame if the IP rights issue prevented it from showing up in WWE. But contracts and IP control are tricky things (despite what a lot of the IWC would like to think, Anthem may very well have a legitimate claim), so hopefully things can get worked out.

I still watch Impact, but only half-heartedly. They do have a lot of good talent on the roster (Eli Drake is a personal fave, and people like Low-Ki and Matt Morgan coming back is cool), but they're trapped by a creative team that seems just a half-step out of touch. I think the best for them would be if they stopped trying to be WWE-lite, and just went for an old school "sports-feel" style of promotion, similar to New Japan.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Tasuki

@dizzy_boy I agree with @the_shpydar. I use to watch TNA back in the beginning but then when Dixie Carter got it into her head to take on Vince you could see that she bit off more then she could chew even back then. Sad thing is you aren't going to beat Vince basically the only way he's going down is if he self implodes. Either that or a major buyout but there are very few companies that could buy him out.

Hopefully the new owners can understand that and not try to take WWE out. To be honest I wish companies would stop.trying to take each other especially when it comes to pro wrestling. A little competition can be a good thing you know.

My Backlog

Dizzy_Boy

@Tasuki I noticed it more when she started to have more of an on screen prescence. The occasional walk out wasn't too bad if she had an important announcement, but getting involved weekly was unnecessary. And things kind of got especially annoying when she started to take on the authoritarian personna. All the screaching got tiresome reall quick.

Edited on by Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

Tasuki

@dizzy_boy Yeah for me it seemed that once she got Hogan she thought that she could take Vince on especially after she got Foley, then Flair and a few other high profiled WWE stars.

My Backlog

Dizzy_Boy

@Tasuki I think they needed a mix of well known wrestlers aswell as their own talent. Having a few that they can afford to pay brought in exposure to the TNA brand. But that was part of the reason why TNA started to get into debt aswell. They were bringing in far too many big names, and just paying them must have cost a fortune.

Twitter:

Tasuki

@dizzy_boy Right and having too many not being able to do anything either. As much as I like seeing old stars returning like Flair or Foley you can only do so much with them out of the ring and soon you run oUT of ideas. My friends started to refer to TNA as the WWE's retirement home haha.

My Backlog

Ron_DelVillano

Hey all,

A friend and I recently started recording a podcast about professional wrestling titled Blind Tag and I'd love to get some more listeners and feedback on it. Here's the description on out iTunes page:

"Matt loves wrestling. Ron does not. Each week, Matt shows Ron the most interesting things happening in wrestling and tries to make sense of it. If you've ever been curious about wrestling, but not wanted to dedicate your life to it, this is the show for you!"

If you're interested, check us out on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/blind-tag/id1229548575?mt=2

Thanks!

Nintendo Life staff

I co-host a podcast about professional wrestling titled Blind Tag and I write/draw a daily webcomic about a werewolf in high school named Duane.

3DS Friend Code: 0344-9288-5982 | Nintendo Network ID: broomhandle | Twitter:

jump

Brilliant, Jinder is the new champ! Tbh when I went to Smackdown I didn't get why he's the bad guy as he was being booed for wanting to bring the title to the Tajj Mahal to show his people you don't have to be American to succeed in WWE whilst Orton got the title by tricking someone into thinking their friends and burning down his house whilst Wyatt cried in horror...just me?

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

kobashi100

So did anyone watch the New Japan shows in long beach California??

Edited on by kobashi100

kobashi100

Fooligan

@kobashi100 I had it on in the background. I did actually see the 8 man tag match featuring Billy Gunn and Tanahashi. Billy Gunn looks HUGE, I didn't think he was that big. I also saw Naito vs. Ishii, Kenny Omega vs. Big Mike, and Okada vs. Cody. I like all those guys so seeing them in matches against each other was great.

These pretzels are making me thirsty

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

kobashi100

@Fooligan omega vs big Mike awesome from day 1. Okada done the best he could with Cody. I honestly think Cody is bang average. As I don't watch WWE I had never seen him wrestle before he appeared in New Japan. He hasn't impressed me in one single match yet.

You need to watch the show from Sunday for real though. Some awesome matches.

kobashi100

Fooligan

@kobashi100 Yeah, night 2 is going to be shown on AXS TV this weekend. I'm definitely going to check it out.

Even though I kinda like the guy I have to agree about Cody. He wasn't a big name in the WWE so it is weird to see him as the ROH champion. ROH never struck me as the place ex-WWE guys could go and win championships.

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

Fooligan

Saw parts of night 2 of NJPW. Omega vs. Jay Lethal was awesome. Then Omega vs. Ishii later in the show was just as awesome. When Ishii hit Omega with the One Wing Angel I jumped out of my chair screaming "OOOOH ūüí©!!". I also saw the 8 man tag match between The Bullet Club vs. Okada, The Briscoe Bros. and Will Osprey. I didn't like all the tagging in and out from The Bullet Club but after that it was an enjoyable match.

Alright, is anybody watching WWE Great Balls of Fire right now?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic