Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 1,801 to 1,820 of 12,088

Xyphon22

Free-to-play games and microtransactions are fine. Only a crazy person would actually pay for anything in them, and they deserve to lose their money. If you can't beat the game without paying, then it is basically a demo, and nobody complains about demos. If you can beat the game without paying (like Pokemon Shuffle), it basically acts as a means to keep you from playing for hours on end which is only a good thing. And this brings me to my second opinion.

The battery life for the 3DS and the Wii U Gamepad are fine, as well. If you are ever in danger of running out of batteries on either of them, you need to get a life outside of video games.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

CanisWolfred

Jaz007 wrote:

@Caniswolfred What are some open world games, and seen that barely aren't according to you?

Elite: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elite_%28video_game%29

Basically the original open world.

Also: http://www.gamesradar.com/the-roots-of-open-world-games/
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/born-free-the-history-of-th...

I didn't exactly pull this out of thin air. :/

SkywardLink98 wrote:

DiscoDriver43 wrote:

I honestly don't mind so-called "Movie" games. In fact, i enjoy some of these "movie" games more than "actual games" and vice versa.

The closest thing to a "movie-game" I've played would be The Walking Dead, The Last of Us, and Uncharted. If those count, then movie games are some of the best games.

Telltale's games aren't terribly fun from a gameplay perspective from what I understand. They're basically Choose your own adventure books in movie/game form. Not a knock against them - at least they're more replayable than Uncharted - but it does leave me questioning whether or not to call it a game...

"Visual Novels with a Budget" sounds more fitting to me.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

Honestly, I'd take the Werehog stages in Unleashed over...any of the non-Sonic/Shadow stages in Adventure 2, if only because the werehog stages don't involve so much fiddling with a crappy camera...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

AceDefective

Xyphon22 wrote:

Free-to-play games and microtransactions are fine. Only a crazy person would actually pay for anything in them, and they deserve to lose their money. If you can't beat the game without paying, then it is basically a demo, and nobody complains about demos. If you can beat the game without paying (like Pokemon Shuffle), it basically acts as a means to keep you from playing for hours on end which is only a good thing. And this brings me to my second opinion.

The thing about F2P though is that you're supposed to play through the game without having to spend real money, some thing developers have a hard time grasping. Games like Dungeon Keeper and Sims Social feel content with making your free experience as painful as possible, versus Sonic Dash where all real money does is get you bonus stuff quicker, but even then the game is still fun and it's still possible to get the bonus stuff without too much work. Microtransactions are a bit of a touchier and situation subject, they're generally fine in free games but when they start creeping into payed products is when the line is crossed. "I already payed $X entrance fee for the game, so why are you charging me more to play it?" F2P get's away with it because there is no entrance free. Now you're throwing in pay mechanics to be greedy and get more money out my wallet, so screw you.

Edited on by AceDefective

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

Kirbytastic

>I don't really much care for JRPG's. I looked up a list of them and didn't really care for most them or never heard of them. The only exceptions where Xenoblade chronicles (which was amazing), The legend of zelda: wind waker and pokemon. Even then Pokemon is starting to lose it's appeal to me, cause nowadays it's all about competitive battling, which is why i only end up battling with my family. Cause i only play to have fun, not to see if i'm better then someone.
>I don't really like mario games, the exceptions being mario party (Which i grew up with) and mario party 4. I'm playing Paper Mario: Sticker Star but i haven't decided if i like it or not.
>I have never liked final fantasy. Not even 7, witch, if i'm not mistaken, is highly regarded as one of the best in the series.
>Never really liked the zelda series. Found them hard and tedious. The only exception is Wind waker, which not very many people liked. Majora's Mask is ok, but it's nothing special.

I've got more, but i'll stop there or i'll go on and on.

Edited on by Kirbytastic

I'll be there when you least expect it.

Currently playing: Majora's mask 3D, Metroid 2: Return of samus, VVVVVV, SSB3D and Pokémon alpha sapphire
Current Wishlist: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Bravely Default and Kirby Triple Deluxe

AceDefective

Kirbytastic wrote:

>I don't really much care for JRPG's... The legend of zelda: wind waker.

The Zelda series isn't an RPG, with exception of Zelda II.
And I'm talking genre, not the general sense bull crap people keep trying to pull.

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

Disliking JRPGs isn't really an unpopular opinion right now. There's a reason why Final Fantasy is the only AAA JRPG left from the NES/SNES era.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Kirbytastic

ZeroZX-Dev wrote:

Kirbytastic wrote:

>I don't really much care for JRPG's... The legend of zelda: wind waker.

The Zelda series isn't an RPG, with exception of Zelda II.
And I'm talking genre, not the general sense bull crap people keep trying to pull.

Ah. My bad. I don't exactly know how to tell if it's an RPG or not, as i don't play RPG's often.
And sorry about the whole witch thing, i can never remember if it's witch or which.

I'll be there when you least expect it.

Currently playing: Majora's mask 3D, Metroid 2: Return of samus, VVVVVV, SSB3D and Pokémon alpha sapphire
Current Wishlist: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Bravely Default and Kirby Triple Deluxe

BearHunger

CanisWolfred wrote:

Honestly, I'd take the Werehog stages in Unleashed over...any of the non-Sonic/Shadow stages in Adventure 2

Untitled

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

Whopper744

Since some others are talking about Sonic Adventure 2, I'll say I actually enjoyed not only the Sonic and Shadow stages, but also the shooting and treasure hunting stages as well. I liked just about everything about that game, especially SA2:B on the Gamecube which had a few upgrades.
And on a similar note....I didn't think the Big the Cat levels were all that bad in the first Sonic Adventure. Honestly I haven't liked the direction the series has went in after Heroes or so as much.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

ThePirateCaptain

@Whopper744
The problem with Big's stages in Sonic Adventure isn't that they were bad, it's that they were there at all. You can beat his story in about 30 minutes and they're pretty easy, but it all feels so unnecessary.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

PanicPuppet

I've never cared for Donkey Kong's games; despite playing DKC waaay back when I first got an SNES. They've just never interested me at all.

PanicPuppet

Freeon-Leon

I think the GTA series is not as good as everyone say. I don't like its gameplay either

Movie-like games are boring

Edited on by Freeon-Leon

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

Ryu_Niiyama

The comic book movie tie in games aren't that bad and are a fun romp for the source material. I wish that there were more comic games being made that didn't have lego in the title or Arkham.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

ZanderShepherd
  • I like both Daisy and Rosalina, but I don't think Rosalina replaced Daisy.
  • Pauline doesn't get nearly enough love within the Mario universe.
  • Diddy Kong needs to be nerfed in Smash in a following update.
  • Mario Party Island Tour really isn't that good. You need innovation, but this one steps too far away from the Mario Party formula. Plus, the minigames are boring
  • Super Princess Peach DS is a lot of fun
  • Mario vs Donkey Kong Minis March Again is better than Mini Land Mayhem
  • Nintendo may not pump out that much new IPs, but they still create more than other major companies in the gaming industry.
  • The Pokéwalker was a fun little bonus with Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, and I would like to see Nintendo release another accessory like it for the next Pokémon game (or perhaps a little extra program that functions like it)
  • Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity was a little too easy
  • Nintendo should definitely not go multi-platform!
  • Everyone is screaming for the new Metroid and F-Zero, but I want to see the next entry in the Excitebike series! How about a game based around Excitebike and Excite Truck for Wii U, with both bikes and trucks?
  • The Legend of Zelda TV Series from Netflix is a bad idea
  • I really don't get what's so fun about Call of Duty, Battlefield and (worst of all) GTA. You just go around and kill people. What's so fun about murdering people? It's not that I dislike FPS, because I played Metroid Prime 3 and I loved it. It's just that killing fictional aliens is something fictional, while killing real humans is just not fun to me.

ZanderShepherd

ZanderShepherd

Here's another one. I can't stand Link and Toon Link in Smash 4! Don't get me wrong, I love The Legend of Zelda, and I love Link as a character, but when playing online, Link and Toon Link are just so annoying! They're super spammy, super cheap, and super annoying to face. And he's by far the most used character online! Trust, me I wrote down my opponent from 150 different online For Glory matches, and Link was the most used character by far (with Shulk and Little Mac following).

ZanderShepherd

DiscoDriver43

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

The comic book movie tie in games aren't that bad and are a fun romp for the source material. I wish that there were more comic games being made that didn't have lego in the title or Arkham.

Well Marvel vs. Capcom and injustice are fun games. I even prefer them to SF4, which i think is kind of overrated

Edited on by DiscoDriver43

http://www.backloggery.com/discodriver43

Recently watched films: The Martian

Currently playing: Max Payne

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic