Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 1,721 to 1,740 of 12,088

iKhan

I feel like a quarter of this thread has been spent discussing Sonic.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

MsJubilee

iKhan wrote:

Someone got to do it.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

iKhan

midnafanboy wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Someone got to do it.

Nah, I'd rather Sonic just die. Never cared for the character, and he's dying anyway.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

MsJubilee

Okay here's mine
The Last of Us so called amazing story is so cliche to beginning to end it kills me!I hate the story but love the gameplay!

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

shingi_70

Gaming Mascot's are at their best when they're simplest and almost childish in design. The Jak series among others died off when Ratchet survived due to this. To go along with this, I think Sonic would be far more successful if they went back to the older sonic. He was far more expressive and leads to more imagantive worlds and platforming.
Untitled
[img]http://img.xooimage.com/files56/8/d/1/sonic06-4435319.gif[/mg]

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

SuperWiiU

shingi_70 wrote:

Gaming Mascot's are at their best when they're simplest and almost childish in design. The Jak series among others died off when Ratchet survived due to this. To go along with this, I think Sonic would be far more successful if they went back to the older sonic. He was far more expressive and leads to more imagantive worlds and platforming.
Untitled
[img]http://img.xooimage.com/files56/8/d/1/sonic06-4435319.gif[/mg]

Jak died off because the trilogy ended the story and then the series got a racing game and a very mediocre sequel from another developer. In the mean time ND developed Uncharted that was so succesful that Sony wanted more of that instead of Jak. That killed it off.

Drobotic

Inkling wrote:

Here's mine!

Five Nights at Freddy's is a bad bad game.

That's not unpopular.There's a strong hatedom and fandom for the game.It's kind of like a big mix of thoughts on the game.

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: PSICadet

Drobotic

The Legend of Korra game was..okay.It's story was meh,it had a very small amount of references or characters from the show,and the main campaign was horribly short for a $15 game(at least in my opinion).Plus Pro-Bending mode is quite boring to play.But the gameplay was still kind of fun.

Edited on by Drobotic

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: PSICadet

sub12

midnafanboy wrote:

Okay here's mine
The Last of Us so called amazing story is so cliche to beginning to end it kills me!I hate the story but love the gameplay!

The Last of Us, it's not the story but how it's told.

sub12

MsJubilee

sub12 wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

Okay here's mine

The Last of Us, it's not the story but how it's told.

It's still crap to me,no matter how you spin it.

ClockworkMario

CanisWolfred wrote:

Cliche doesn't have to mean bad. Just sayin'.

No, but it means that it will inevitably feel familiar to many – deja vu's will ensue. If something is lauded as groundbreaking, I expect it to have some fresh views.

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

CanisWolfred

ClockworkMario wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Cliche doesn't have to mean bad. Just sayin'.

No, but it means that it will inevitably feel familiar to many – deja vu's will ensue. If something is lauded as groundbreaking, I expect it to have some fresh views.

Everything's gonna feel familiar at some point. It's all about how it's excecuted.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CM30

More to the point, 'new' doesn't always mean 'good' and 'familiar' doesn't always mean bad. A game can be absolutely fantastic despite having no new ideas or content. Many extremely formulaic games are also extremely popular, because they're exactly what their audience wants.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

unrandomsam

Popular doesn't mean good either though. Usually something goes mainstream for a bit then gets rubbish and then stops being mainstream any more (And gets good again) but that sadly doesn't seem to be happening with gaming.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

ThePirateCaptain

The New 3DS is entirely pointless. Nintendo would be better off waiting a year or two to release a true successor to the 3DS.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

CanisWolfred

CapnPancakes wrote:

The New 3DS is entirely pointless. Nintendo would be better off waiting a year or two to release a true successor to the 3DS.

They'll probably do that anyways. They always do this, where they release a new (usually 3rd) version only for that line to be completely replaced only a year or two later.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

LzWinky

The new 3DS is a good thing

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

kkslider5552000

Nintendo should wait as long as humanly possible to release new systems, solely based on how terrible the launches for 3DS and Wii U were.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

iKhan

Here it goes...

I enjoyed Brawl's Great Maze. Actually I generally enjoy the concept of replaying slightly altered levels towards the end of any game. It gives you this feeling of knowing how far you've come, and it gives me the ability to replay some of a game's best moments while still following a still unfolding story (as opposed to replaying when you know the story)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic