Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 1,241 to 1,260 of 12,088

SkywardLink98

Half Life 1 was just okay. (I loved HL2 though)
Garry's Mod is more fun alone. (When playing with friends it felt to chaotic. Most of us were victims of friendly-fire.)
Zombie games aren't over done. (Maybe it's just the fact that I don't play many, but how many games do you see with soldiers/knights/aliens/etc.?)

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Namco

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Half Life 1 is way better than 2...

Did I win the ''Most unpopular gaming opinion stated as a fact'' award?

Edited on by Namco

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Caryslan

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate is a better fighting game then the recent versions of Tekken and Soul Calibur.

Better roster then those games, better stages, and better gameplay....

In my opinion, it's the best 3D fighter on the market right now.

Caryslan

SkywardLink98

Miss_Pixelheart wrote:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Half Life 1 is way better than 2...

Did I win the ''Most unpopular gaming opinion stated as a fact of the day'' award?

To do that, you have to photoshop your opinion onto google's definition for the word.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Haywired

I think Wii Play is better than Wii Sports.

I can't stand the original NES Metroid.

I think the N64 controller is one of the most beautiful things ever made.

The Game Boy Micro is the best handheld console ever made.

Nintendo has sold its consoles on the back of power and graphics ("Now You're Playing With Power", "Now You're Playing With Super Power", "The Fastest, Most Powerful Games Console On Earth") more explicitly than Sony or Microsoft ever have.

Nintendo reveals too much these days and their Nintendo Directs should be about a third of the length they are.

Miiverse is social media landfill.

Having Link in Mario Kart is awful.

Having non-Nintendo characters in Smash Bros. is awful.

Haywired

Kyloctopus

I hate when people don't justify their opinion. It only makes me more enraged, and it's my biggest pet peeve in life. It makes you seem like you don't know what you're talking about or you're overly bias?
Is this necessarily gaming related? No, but it happens alot on forums and articles in gaming.

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

Frapp wrote:

Donkey Kong Country is the third most overrated game in history, behind Halo and The Last Of Us.
Infamous was so poor I felt insulted even to have got the game for free.
Zero Mission is the best Metroid.
Retro have a poor product/workforce ratio.
The SNES was the least interesting console from Nintendo.
Wii Play was even better than Wii Sports.
F-Zero and Wave Race were both better on N64.
Super Monkey Ball on GameCube should be included in the National Curriculum.
The scariest things in any Resident Evil before 4 were the controls.
The ZX Spectrum had the greatest library of any single gaming machine.

Now those are some unpopular opinions. Well done.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

NintendoFan64

Disclaimer: These are all just my opinion. If you disagree heavily, I am merely one person, and if you decide to let one person ruin something for you, then that is pretty sad. Okay, here we go:
Kid Icarus: Uprising's story had multiple aspects that really angered me.
Ganondorf is the worst character in Smash Bros.
Sonic Lost World was actually pretty good.
Tomodachi Life is better than Animal Crossing.
Splatoon just looked okay(please don't kill me).
Double Dash's Rainbow Road theme is overrated. I mean, it's good, but it's not the holy grail of Mario Kart music.
I actually liked New Super Mario Bros. 2. I mean, yeah, it basically was just New Super Mario Bros with coins, but it was at least enjoyable.
Wii Sports is overrated. I mean, if you like it that's okay, but 100 MILLION+ COPIES SOLD!? That's insane!

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Jaz007

@Nintendofan64 Wii Sport sold that much because it was a pack-in game. I don't really think that's counts as the game's sales as much as the Wii's sales, so it didn't do that all by it's own merit.

Jaz007

NintendoFan64

@Jaz007 Yeah, that explains it.

RR529

@NintendoFan64, what parts of the KI:U story upset you?

Not trying to disagree, just curious about the details.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Nintenjoe64

Assassin's Creed > Arkham Games
Desmond Sections > Final Fantasy 7-9

Edited on by Nintenjoe64

I only posted this to get my avatar as the forum's thumbnail.

CrazyOtto

I think Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic R, and Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 are no better than all of the series in between Adventure 2 and Colors (I loved R Adventure 1 and 2 back in the day but I think they aged horribly).

I actually like it when new Namco compilations are announced for platforms that didn't have one before even if most of the same games included are the same.

As cool as Animal Crossing New Leaf's island is, I miss eagerly waiting until summer to catch most of the interesting fish and bugs, it just felt so much more rewarding then.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

NintendoFan64

RR529 wrote:

@NintendoFan64, what parts of the KI:U story upset you?

Not trying to disagree, just curious about the details.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, it was getting late and I was tired. Anyways, here's a list of the things that upset and I didn't understand(WARNING! Spoilers ahead!:
1. The story briefly mentions that Viridi can see fortunes, then quickly ignores this. I'm sorry, what!? You don't just bring that up and pretend it's nothing! Integrate it into the plot somehow! I think that would be very interesting to explore! I mean, why even ring it up if the game just quickly ignores it?
2. Why are the Aurum in the game? They accomplish pretty much nothing plot wise. They're just...there. I was actually excited when they were introduced, because I wanted to see what would happen. SO what does happen? They're launched into space thanks to Phyron's defeat, and add nothing to the plot. Why even have them in the game!?
3. Why doesn't Palutena send any centurions to help Pit or the humans? I mean, they're not exactly good at their job, but they do later end up destroying a good part of humanity, so there's at least SOME use to them.
4. I was nervous about putting this one down, but screw it, the fact that the characters don't decide to fight Hades until near the end of the game is bullcrap. When they decided to this, my reaction was "Oh, you think!?". Seriously, they had the jewel that gets you into the Underworld, they still had the Three Sacred Treasures, so why didn't they just do this at the start!? That way, Hades doesn't trick people into believing that the wish seed was stolen, the destructive wars don't hapen, so Viridi wouldn't get ticked off, so Pit wouldn't accidently free the Chaos Kin, so Palutena wouldn't become evil, and the lack of violence wouldn't attract the Aurum. BOOM! Millions of lives are saved! I know people will say that they had to deal with the wish seed, but here's a thought: Send in an army of centurions to deal with that, preferably the muscular ones because they actually provide a challenge. In fact, I actually died to them a couple of times. Also, why do the humans listen to Hades? I mean, they're basically going "I know he's the leader of the monsters who've been trying to kill us, but I really think we should trust him!".
Okay...those are my problems. If you have any objections, please let me know. You may even change my mind.
Edit: I do not know how to do spoilers. Could someone please help?

Edited on by NintendoFan64

GamecubeMan

@NintendoFan64 In a way you kinda anwsered your own question about why the characters decided to not fight Hades until the end. One is that the Aurum show up right after Pit tells Hades that he is coming to fight with him. Also several other things like the Chaos Kin, Viridi and the fact that Hades destroyed the three sacred treasures is why they do not fight them for a while. Also you forgot that they did actual fight Hades but lost the first time. :3

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

RR529

@NintendoFan64, the story of KI:U is set up to be a parody of Shonen anime (like Dragon Ball, One Piece, etc.), and the Aurum is meant to be a parody of a "Filler Arc".

You can cover more material in an anime episode than you can in a manga chapter, so in order to keep an anime behind the manga (which is usually the original, canon, source), they'll throw in filler arcs, which can seem random, have absolutely nothing to do with the main plot, and introduce no development (character or story), because of that.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Kyloctopus

If your close friend has a Wii U, there's not much reason to buy one. A great ratio of Wii U games have local multiplayer and most the fun is on local multiplayer. So you're better off mooching off your friend.
Maybe Splatoon's Online Mode, Captain Toad's Single Player Mode and Devil's Third will change my mind on that, but time will tell.

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

NintendoFan64

RR529 wrote:

@NintendoFan64, the story of KI:U is set up to be a parody of Shonen anime (like Dragon Ball, One Piece, etc.), and the Aurum is meant to be a parody of a "Filler Arc".

You can cover more material in an anime episode than you can in a manga chapter, so in order to keep an anime behind the manga (which is usually the original, canon, source), they'll throw in filler arcs, which can seem random, have absolutely nothing to do with the main plot, and introduce no development (character or story), because of that.

Huh. I didn't know that, actually. Thanks for pointing that out.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic