Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 1,261 to 1,280 of 12,088

Kyloctopus

From some of the quotes I read of Miyamoto, the guy seems extremely condescending.
Miyamoto has stated before, that new IPs do not matter as long as the gameplay idea is new. However, when it came to Splatoon, Miyamoto seemed to have wanted Splatoon to not include Mario, because of his want of a new IP.
I've also seen Miyamoto call Super Mario 64 boring, yet also say it was his favorite game he ever developed...ok?
It's fact that Shigeru Miyamoto told Next Level to rework all the bosses in Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon despite all the dev time spent making them. I know he was the Supervisor, yet I don't think the guy who made the Koopalings should have that much of a say when it comes to these developers.
There have been other quotes, I found on the internet, but I think if I say anymore, Nintendo Life users will probably put a bounty on my head.

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

GamecubeMan

Youtube does not have too many gaming channels. Each of them have a different style to presenting a game in their own way. I can watch the same game and get several different view points on it. Like anything really.

Edited on by GamecubeMan

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Tobiaku

Kirby is one of Nintendos moste boring IPs

Tingle from the legend of Zelda is cool

Twilight Princess is boring (mainly because I'm awfull at it btw)

Professor Layton is the best game franchise ever (Not sure how unpopular this opinion is but still...)

Nintendo should remake Kuru Kuru Kururin

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

Zanark

Tobias95 wrote:

Professor Layton is the best game franchise ever (Not sure how unpopular this opinion is but still...)

I am pretty certain that franchise is in the top favorite franchises of everyone who has played it. It is just that good

Friend code: 1934-1399-5355

unrandomsam

Kyloctopus wrote:

From some of the quotes I read of Miyamoto, the guy seems extremely condescending.
Miyamoto has stated before, that new IPs do not matter as long as the gameplay idea is new. However, when it came to Splatoon, Miyamoto seemed to have wanted Splatoon to not include Mario, because of his want of a new IP.
I've also seen Miyamoto call Super Mario 64 boring, yet also say it was his favorite game he ever developed...ok?
It's fact that Shigeru Miyamoto told Next Level to rework all the bosses in Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon despite all the dev time spent making them. I know he was the Supervisor, yet I don't think the guy who made the Koopalings should have that much of a say when it comes to these developers.
There have been other quotes, I found on the internet, but I think if I say anymore, Nintendo Life users will probably put a bounty on my head.

I don't think that is the whole problem.

I think people ask him what he thinks about something and precede to do whatever that is. (Even a casual question suddenly turns into what should definitely happen and is going to).

WIth Links Crossbow Training there is a bit at the end that is exactly the game the people making it wanted to make and it is brilliant. (He wanted it like the rest of the game which is like a wiimote demo).

I think making Hyrule Warriors just a reskin was a bad idea as well. (It is a spinoff Sticker Star had no affect on the main Mario games for example and he made those choices as well).

Maybe it does sound condescending I don't think that is much of a problem though.

โ€œ30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failureโ€
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

TuVictus

Kyloctopus wrote:

He's also the reason Sticker Star had a terrible story I believe, and if it were up to him Mario Galaxy would have had even LESS story. He wants things to be too similar to the NES days where it's literally 99% gameplay, but fails to realize sometimes story can enhance gameplay or at least be a motivator. Never heard about the Luigi's Mansion thing though. How were the bosses before he changed them? My main complaint was they were so generic. In the original game, each boss had their own backstory, including how they died and they had their own names and everything. That really made the mansion feel more immersive.

TuVictus

Tobiaku

ShanaUnite wrote:

Tobias95 wrote:

I am pretty certain that franchise is in the top favorite franchises of everyone who has played it. It is just that good

I know its good, I just dont know how popular it is
Here is a few other things I think, bur its not realy popular:
Urban Champion its decent (I do enjoy it from time to time)
Dr Mario (is the best dsiware)
Dr Luigi is a very cool game and worth the money
Nntendo should give "New Super Mario bros" a break, they are too easy (except the Luigi game) and are allmoste starting to feel like rehash

I think that was it for now.

Tobiaku

Prof_Clayton

I enjoyed Bubsy.
Crashmo was terrible.
Skyward Sword was the best Zelda game.
Sonic, at least the original GG version, isn't very fun.
I don't enjoy most Kirby games.
Nintendo should start a visual novel IP/series, with new characters and setting and everything that isn't Mario.
I vastly prefer handhelds to consoles, so the Wii U is my favorite Nintendo home console (because of offscreen play).
I enjoy games where you aren't challenged, so long as it has a gripping plot or fun gameplay.
Sticker Star wasn't that bad. Still not great, but not that bad.

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

Tobiaku

@Prof_Clayton, I agree with all you said, except Bubsy, cause I have not played it

Tobiaku

Kyloctopus

Kirby's Epic Yarn is a fantastic game. It offered a unique idea of giving people nothing but a unique "playground". The worlds were pretty and it was a bit funny. A great part in it was that you never die. You never had to deal with it being stressful and that's my biggest fear in Yoshi's Wooly World. I want a game where I can soak the whole world in and not have to worry about the challenge. That's a large reason why I don't like Yoshi games.
Nintendo Life was alot cooler a couple years ago. LordJumpMad, TheBlackDragon and Emeralds were here more often and even NL's reviews were a bit more credible to me.
Super Metroid ain't all that its cracked up to be. That doesn't change that it's a great game.
Sonic and the Secret Rings was great, it offered a cool ability system along with some crazy worlds. It's final boss was also better than recent Sonic bosses.
I'm not a huge fan of Online Multiplayer for most games. Lag is always a big reason towards it, but also Online multiplayer is souless unless you know the player (and you can chat with them in-game).
The New 3DS is in line to becoming Nintendo's best platform of all time. Currently, the 3DS has a steller line-up that hasn't been seen since the SNES days, but with enough processing power to run Xenoblade it can really speak that the 3DS lineup is only going to be greater next year.
Except for Code Name Steam, that game doesn't look appealing ATM.

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

GamecubeMan

@Kyloctopus there is no guarantee that the new 3DS will actually take advantage of the extra RAM when it comes to games. There has only been one game that is actually exculsively for the new 3DS and it is very likely and I hope Im right that the new 3DS will turn out like the DSi in that it only has several DSi exclusives most of which are japan only.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Chrono_Cross

Punished_Boss wrote:

Its not completely true, sure: Sony didn't have exclusivity but Konami up until now decided to make mainline titles exclusive for some time or forever. MG & MG2 started before PS1 was a thing. The original MGS 1 was console exclusive (Does Twin Snakes count? Probably), MGS 2 was timed, MGS 3 was exclusive for a long period, MGS 4 is still exclusive, Portable Ops is still exclusive, Peace Walker was timed. MGA 1+2 are exclusive. MGR was not. Then the HD collection (2011) & Ground Zeroes (2014) came along. So of course now that point mostly doesn't make any sense, but going along with franchise history and timing thats how it was for me.

It was never exclusive. Regardless of how you looked at it.

Exclusive, by definition, means to exclude from all other options. Metal Gear, as a franchise, is not exclusive to any console and until the majority of its fanbase disappears, it never will be.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

OptometristLime

Opinions here seem randomly distributed across a broad spectrum; generally failing to skew towards the really unpopular.

I think there's a realization to be made that hey, people have different opinions. And that's not actually that surprising.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

LyIa

Call of Duty does not deserve all the hate it gets. I wish the internet would just shut up about it.

all men are kings ๐Ÿ‘‘

SkywardLink98

I liked Sonic and the Black Knight.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

I-U
  • Everybody, after Samus was revealed in her shorts from the 100% endings of Fusion and Zero Mission, wanted to see her in her bikini from Metroid's ending, as Justin Bailey or in her attire in Super Metroid's best ending as an additional alt. Anyone who said they didn't knows they did, and were just trying to falsely have a squeaky clean image.
  • I think Nintendo of America is holding out on Metroid Zero Mission because they don't want to see how popular the title really is when it starts pulling in solid numbers in the eShop.
  • Story and presentation matter more to me than the gameplay in 3D Mario games now, because the gameplay has remained great and consistent while the story and presentation has been on a roller coaster recently.
  • Not having Miiverse available for Smash 3DS until the New 3DS releases is a huge miss and does take quite a bit away from the experience. It should still be an excellent entry in anyone's 3DS library however.

Edited on by I-U

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

Chrono_Cross

I-U wrote:

• Everybody, after Samus was revealed in her shorts from the 100% endings of Fusion and Zero Mission, wanted to see her in her bikini from Metroid's ending, as Justin Bailey or in her attire in Super Metroid's best ending as an additional alt. Anyone who said they didn't knows they did, and were just trying to falsely have a squeaky clean image.

Hahahaha, yeah, okay.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

LyIa

Chrono_Cross wrote:

I-U wrote:

Hahahaha, yeah, okay.

I'm not going to deny that.

all men are kings ๐Ÿ‘‘

May_Nyan

I've seen that Final Fantasy XIII is very unpopular on the internet but I like it. I enjoy the cut scenes and like the characters.

May_Nyan

CaviarMeths

ekreig wrote:

May_Nyan wrote:

I've seen that Final Fantasy XIII is very unpopular on the internet but I like it. I enjoy the cut scenes and like the characters.

I like it too. The weapon upgrade system was dumb and the ending felt kind of cheap, but those are my only real complaints. The battle system, music, graphics, and character development were top notch.

Which character developed?

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic