Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 1,221 to 1,240 of 12,088

unrandomsam

There are only very limited circumstances where any game should get a sequel :

1. The sequel is a big step forward or fixes things about the first that were not very good.
2. Its just like the first one but much harder (For people who have finished the original and want more of the same).
3. The game mechanics are substantially different. (Even totally different genre is fine).
4. A long time has passed. (DKC3 to DKCR is a good example of a good amount of time).

Any other time it should be a new game. (Especially true for a new system).

Edited on by unrandomsam

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Screenshot

I prefer Sonic '06 to Sonic Adventure 2

Proud owner of a New 3DS Ambassador Edition
Previously known as: SlicingScyther

Nintendo Network ID: Blastoise286

Jeremyx7

CaviarMeths wrote:

• Bungie is the only studio that has ever made a FPS game worth playing.

Have you ever played Half-Life 1 or 2? Turok 1 or 2? O_o Why would anyone choose Halo over anything else?!!! O_O Unless that's all you know and grew up with I can somewhat understand but any other reason is truly beyond me......

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Jeremyx7 wrote:

3.) .....Skyward Sword still is the best Zelda game thus far for many reasons!

I would high five you, but I can't. I'll just have to settle for smacking my screen instead.

Haha, this made me laugh a bit. Better yet why not just headbutt five?!! Headbutting is the best!

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

LzWinky

GamecubeMan wrote:

Donkey Kong Country's graphics look ugly and have not aged well.

I agree.

On the note of pointless nostalgia, Mario Kart 64 is the absolute worst in the series, and Rainbow Road 64 is the worst and most boring track in the series

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

sub12

DKC still has top notch gameplay, music, and atmosphere, despite the now muddy, low res pre-rendered graphics. IMO.

sub12

Allx360

I find Banjo Kazooie an overrated game. People love to praise it for nostalgia and okay music. Its like the mario kart 64 of platformers.

PK Hype!

Kyloctopus

Atlus isn't that special of a company. They just found a genre that worked with them for the past 20 years, and stuck with that genre for as long as they can latch on it (and judging by the hype of PQ and P5, it will be for a long time).
Call me when they can make a good game in a different genre, and NO, Code of Princess doesn't count. It's boring, repetitive and (for some reason) has a lag towards it.

Motion controls are great for a game. It adds a new layer of entertainment and (sometimes) challenge. Examples: Punch Out Wii, Mario Kart, Skyward Sword, Donkey Kong Country and Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon

Back in E3 2012, the Wii U was shown to have 3DS-like Circle Pads instead of analogue sticks. They were said to be more accurate (than the 3DS') and comfortable. I wish Nintendo stuck to the Circle Pad idea, because I really like the Circle Pad. If they were able to click, then that would have been perfect.

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

J-Manix98

Unpopular VG opinions eh?

I listened to Navi.

"Oh, Gimme that fun-ky milk!"

3DS FC: 1349 - 7754 - 5401

3DS Friend Code: 1349-7754-5401

J-Manix98

WaLzgi wrote:

GamecubeMan wrote:

Donkey Kong Country's graphics look ugly and have not aged well.

I agree.

On the note of pointless nostalgia, Mario Kart 64 is the absolute worst in the series, and Rainbow Road 64 is the worst and most boring track in the series

Dude, i have to disagree. MK64 is honestly my favorite MK game. (MK8 makes a VERY close second though)

J-Manix98

IMHO Nostalgia is what makes video games so much fun!

I mean, take the LOZ fans — Chances are they played LOZ when they were kids, and they just kept playing them/loving them as they came out. Why did they keep playing them? Well, they're FANTASTIC games granted, but they may also be unwilling to give up playing them because of their inner child opening that Christmas gift-wrapped copy of Oot when they were seven!

Don't try to deny, you know your inner child is attached to at least ONE game. And you still play that game on occasion today.

That is MY unpopular Video Game opinion.

What is your favorite Childhood Video Game?

Allx360

Wind waker and link to the past are the best zelda games.....

PK Hype!

Storytime7

Allx360 wrote:

Wind waker and link to the past are the best zelda games.....

How can you have an opinion on which Zelda games are the best when you stated in another thread that you've never played any games from the series?

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

CaviarMeths

Kyloctopus wrote:

Call me when they can make a good game in a different genre, and NO, Code of Princess doesn't count. It's boring, repetitive and (for some reason) has a lag towards it.

Code of Princess was only published by Atlus anyway.

But since you asked, Catherine, Trauma Center, and Persona 4 Arena would all fit your criteria. I would even consider the SMT games to be in the same genre either. Besides both having demons, there isn't a whole heck of a lot in common between say Persona 4 and SMT IV. There's certainly very little in common between Persona 4 and Etrian Odyssey.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Kyloctopus

Oops thought it was developed as well.
Never played Catherine (wish I have), totally forgot about Trauma Center so Atlus has that going for it, and if we're not even considering Code of Princess as one of Atlus' games, why should we do the same for Persona's fighting games?
Still, I'll never understand why people place Atlus in their Godly position.
RPGs do come in alot of different shapes and forms, but they have similar aspects and ideas to their core.

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

Kyloctopus wrote:

Oops thought it was developed as well.
Never played Catherine (wish I have), totally forgot about Trauma Center so Atlus has that going for it, and if we're not even considering Code of Princess as one of Atlus' games, why should we do the same for Persona's fighting games?
Still, I'll never understand why people place Atlus in their Godly position.
RPGs do come in alot of different shapes and forms, but they have similar aspects and ideas to their core.

P4A was co-developed by Atlus, so it sort of counts.

I have a lot of respect for Atlus because they're one of the most consistent studios in the world. Not everything they do is a masterclass, but they just don't make bad games. They're also very good at servicing their audience. They make a niche product, so I don't think disliking or being disinterested in them is necessarily "unpopular." It's a studio that doesn't have a very large audience. Just a very dedicated one.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Nintenjoe64

Sony's exclusives are nowhere near what they used to be but their fanboys have become much louder when singing the praises of their faves.

Gaming journalism is more plagiarism than original thought and most reviewers don't actually play the game as much as they say they do.

Every time one Nintendo fanboy makes an overzealous defence of Wii U, five potential customers are put off by the thought of being associated with that sort of person. e.g. "Wii U isn't a failure, Xbone is because it's a few units behind" or "stick to your grey shooters"

I only posted this to get my avatar as the forum's thumbnail.

LzWinky

Nintenjoe64 wrote:

Every time one Nintendo fanboy makes an overzealous defence of Wii U, five potential customers are put off by the thought of being associated with that sort of person. e.g. "Wii U isn't a failure, Xbone is because it's a few units behind" or "stick to your grey shooters"

Uhh, this is not even an opinion...

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

RainbowGazelle

My biggest unpopular opinions:

1. Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed is better than Mario Kart 8.
2. Skyward Sword is the best Zelda game.
3. Smash Bros. is rubbish because the controls are poor.
4. Nintendo are arrogant and should be actively trying to attract 3rd parties for their consumers.
5. Most NES games are crap by today's standards.

That should be enough to get me hated.

Edited on by RainbowGazelle

"Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind."

Nintendo Network ID: RainbowGazelle | Twitter:

Aviator

RainbowGazelle wrote:

My biggest unpopular opinions:

1. Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed is better than Mario Kart 8.
2. Skyward Sword is the best Zelda game.
3. Smash Bros. is rubbish because the controls are poor.
4. Nintendo are arrogant and should be actively trying to attract 3rd parties for their consumers.
5. Most NES games are crap by today's standards.

That should be enough to get me hated.

Most of those aren't unpopular.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic