Forums

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,761 to 1,780 of 1,991

Retro_on_theGo

So I'm going to get Monumet Valley. I think this will actually be my first time purchasing a game on my phone so I got some questions. If I buy this on iPad would there be anyway to transfer it or the save data to my android phone later on? I'm assuming no.
Also, if I upgrade to a new phone later on is there a way to transfer games I've bought over to it or would I have to rebuy them?

RR529

So, I noticed that DQ8 is on the Google Play store, and I was wondering if I would have trouble running it on my Galaxy Tab 3?

I've tried looking for answers everywhere online, and I can't get a clear answer. The consensus seems to be that you'd need a newer device to run it well (saying it's prone to crash on older devices), but no clues are ever given as to what a "newer" device is (tablets that came out this year? last year?, the year before that?).

Also, whenever I try looking up Android gaming in general (even outside of this), the only devices brought up seem to be HTC, Nexus, & Galaxy Note or Galaxy S5 (with no mention of the Galaxy Tab line ever). Maybe that's kind of a bad sign for me?

I've never played a DQ game before, and I may possibly get a Google Play card for Christmas, so I was looking at this, but maybe I should opt for DQIV (it's a port of the DS remake) instead, if I get the chance?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

CanisWolfred

@RRF29 Short answer: kinda. Long answer: The game has slowdown and choppiness issues even on the best machines, at least at release. Might want to check user reviews to see if that's changed...

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Also, if I upgrade to a new phone later on is there a way to transfer games I've bought over to it or would I have to rebuy them?

Google Play would let you transfer to other devices, according to my brother who uses two android devices. I don't know if there are any hoops or exceptions to go through, however.

But if you go to, say, an iPhone? You can't transfer purches between those two platforms, so you'd be out of luck there...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RR529

@CanisWolfred, yeah, newer user reviews on it are still negative.

In that case (if I get a GP card), I'll probably either get DQIV or FFIV. Both of which are just upscaled ports of the DS remakes, so my tablet shouldn't have trouble running them.

Thanks for the reply.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Jaz007

Anybody know of any good books with an antihero or villian as the protaginonist? Nothing with rape, F-bombs, or graphic torture scenes though.

Jaz007

JadedGamer

rogues. its a book full of short stories by diffrent authors...rogues are where the main characters are shades of grey..one of the standouts is the ballad of the flexible bullet by stephen king...

JadedGamer

3DS Friend Code: 4141-3421-9359 | Nintendo Network ID: Nbajunkie

CanisWolfred

Turnip-Forest wrote:

I currently have $30 PSN credit. Does anyone have any PSP game recommendations?

I generally play TBS/RPG games, but recommendations outside of those two genres are welcome too.

I don't remember which ones you have already. I will say that out of what's available, these are must-Plays:

Persona 3
Ys Seven
Ys: Oath in Felghana
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Disgaea
Tactics Ogre
Mega Man: Maverick Hunter X
Castlevania X Chronicles
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror
Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow (I liked this more than DM, but the latter is more popular)
Resistance: Retribution
Daxter
Wipeout Pure
Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX
Lumines II
Half-Minute Hero

I'd also make a case for Persona 2: Innocent Sin, Darkstalkers Chronicles, Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters, and the Sting remakes (Riviera and Yggdra Union).

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Faruko

This War of Mine, one of the best games of 2014 and the first game i can say it resonates with me as some movies/book does, and it surpass a lot of them.

Vanishing of Ethan Carter is another gem, short but holy crap what a game

Edited on by Faruko

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

Nicolai

I want to start gaming on my PC a little more, to play some of the multiplats I've missed over the years, but I hate playing on the keyboard. Can anybody recommend a good controller that can hook up to my PC with relatively no hassle? I'll be using Windows 8 on an Asus ultrabook (not much in processing, but it's what I got). I don't mind if it's wired.

I would ideally hook up my Wii U pro controller, but that requires an extra third-party bluetooth adapter and a lot of technical work-around, it seems. I'd hate to buy new equipment, only to find that there is a problem. The easiest thing to do is buy an Xbox One controller, which should work easy with a chord I already have, but it's a little expensive at $60. Wireless Xbox 360 controllers are only a little cheaper, and you have to buy another adapter with it, so, in total, it didn't seem any cheaper. Does, anybody know anything cheaper, or do you have any recommendations/warnings for trying to hook up the Pro Controller?

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

FireHotStickies

I use the wired Microsoft Xbox 360 controller and it works a dream on Windows 8 and it only cost around £15 ($23). I've always liked the 360 controller so it suits me. Not sure if you are just looking for wireless though?

Nicolai

rbnoble06 wrote:

I use the wired Microsoft Xbox 360 controller and it works a dream on Windows 8 and it only cost around £15 ($23). I've always liked the 360 controller so it suits me. Not sure if you are just looking for wireless though?

That's interesting, because I had trouble finding a wired version online. I looked, and they were all either wireless and expensive, or 3rd party with poor reviews. Maybe I'll have to look again. Where did you buy it?

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

IceClimbers

I have $20 in eShop credit. $10 is going to Metroid Prime Trilogy, but I can't decide what to spend the other $10 on: Sin & Punishment Star Successor, a GBA title and a 3DS home menu theme, or the Mario Kart 8 DLC (the extra $2 isn't a big deal). I have to take space into consideration as well since I'm already having to delete NG3:RE to make room for Prime Trilogy - don't have the funds for an external HDD right now. Which do you recommend?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

FireHotStickies

Nicolai wrote:

rbnoble06 wrote:

That's interesting, because I had trouble finding a wired version online. I looked, and they were all either wireless and expensive, or 3rd party with poor reviews. Maybe I'll have to look again. Where did you buy it?

Amazon UK, just had a look and they have it on the .com site for $26:

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbox-360-Controller-Windows/d...

Retro_on_theGo

IceClimbers wrote:

I have $20 in eShop credit. $10 is going to Metroid Prime Trilogy, but I can't decide what to spend the other $10 on: Sin & Punishment Star Successor, a GBA title and a 3DS home menu theme, or the Mario Kart 8 DLC (the extra $2 isn't a big deal). I have to take space into consideration as well since I'm already having to delete NG3:RE to make room for Prime Trilogy - don't have the funds for an external HDD right now. Which do you recommend?

You can get S&S:SS for $5 used if you're willing to look around gamestops. I got my copy of it at my local gamestop for that price. If you prefer the convenience of download though, I'd recommend it. I haven't finished it because my Wii classic controller broke, but I got about half way through. It's challenging but fun and fast paced. Bosses are a blast!

CanisWolfred

I liked the forst Half of Star Successor, but after level 5 or 6, I got really frustrated with it, and I was playing on Easy. I didn't play it all in succession, though, so that might be part of it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Gamecubed

I have the chance to buy a brand new 4GB Xbox 360 with two controllers and two games (Oblivion and Call of Duty: Ghosts) all for $150. I'll obviously have to get a bigger hard drive almost immediately. But what do you guys think? Go for it or no? Or should I wait another six months to see if there's a fire sale on the 250GB models?
I have a PS3 already. I kind of just want the 360 for the exclusives I missed.

Gamecubed

CanisWolfred

I wouldn't really bother. If you could get one with even a small hard drive for that price, I'd say go for it, but since the hard drive could cost you $70-$100, It really doesn't seem like you're saving much of anything.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

yokokazuo

I'm taking a trip to Japan soon so I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for Japanese 3DS and Wii U games. I already own Fatal Frame V and E.X. Troopers btw.

Edited on by yokokazuo

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic