Forums

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,741 to 1,760 of 1,990

Maelstrom

Ufaowl wrote:

Hi everyone!
I'm about to extend my 3DS collection and i'd be glad to hear your opinion on Mario platformer games in terms of pricegoodnes ratio, also playhours and replayability. 3DS is my first Nintendo console and I played little Mario games on emulators.

Mario platformers on the 3DS are meh.
Try looking up Kid Icarus: Uprising, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, and Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds.
All are excellent games. And the new smash bros. Can't go wrong with that...

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Check in for new sheets every Monday. There's lots of Fire Emblem arrangements coming.

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

CanisWolfred

Yeah, Smash is fun, and it'll introduce you to lots of Nintendo franchises to try out. Oh, and check out some stuff on the VC instead of going with the retail games for the 3DS. They got Super Mario Land 2 as well as Super Mario Bros. 1 and 3 on there. Can't go wrong with those.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Justlink

Cubemen 2 $7.99 a great game

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

SkywardLink98

Should I get Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition for PS3 or Super Smash Bros. for 3DS? If I go with SSB I probably won't have anyone to play the game with (at least locally) whereas if I get Diablo III I'll be able to play with friends locally. I feel like I'd be missing out on a lot of the fun of SSB if I only play by myself or online, but I'd be getting the full game with D3:UEE. Thanks for the opinions!

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

CanisWolfred

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Should I get Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition for PS3 or Super Smash Bros. for 3DS? If I go with SSB I probably won't have anyone to play the game with (at least locally) whereas if I get Diablo III I'll be able to play with friends locally. I feel like I'd be missing out on a lot of the fun of SSB if I only play by myself or online, but I'd be getting the full game with D3:UEE. Thanks for the opinions!

Diablo. It has easily the best coach co-op, but online seems stable from the one time I tried it. It's also a pretty addicting game in general. Smash is great, but it's much better with friends, especially local friends. I actually won't be getting the 3DS Smash despite liking the demo, but I'll probably get it for my bro if he ever gets a 3DS since he might have people he can play it with.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SkywardLink98

@CanisWolfred Okay, thanks for the recommendation. I enjoyed the Torchlight games a lot, so it looks like Diablo it is. Thanks again for the recommendation.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Gamecubed

Highly recommend Spec Ops: The Line for PS3/360/PC. It's pretty short, but it's a hidden gem. Spend no more than $15 on it.
The gameplay is generic (I think that's the point), but the story is really good. By the time I reached the end of the game, I had no idea as to who was in the right and who was in the wrong. The game made me feel terrible for doing the things I had done, and I feel like it has the message of "war isn't a game".

Edited on by Gamecubed

Gamecubed

CanisWolfred

SkywardLink98 wrote:

@CanisWolfred Okay, thanks for the recommendation. I enjoyed the Torchlight games a lot, so it looks like Diablo it is. Thanks again for the recommendation.

Oh yeah, if you liked Torchlight, I think you'd love Diablo. I enjoyed both immensely myself, though I've yet to play Torchlight 2.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Faruko

Got my Moto X 2014, upgraded from the Moto G, AMAZING phone ! The battery could be better but i still get through the day without much problems (4G, WiFi, NFC, etc...)

Still dont think is worth it for X 2013 owners, but for G/E 100% recomended

On a side note, if you dont want to spend a lot of money or you sre in a budget, get the G, still the best phone ever created, is slightly less flui than the X but for 200 without contract, can you really complain ? Love X 2014, but the G is still my favorite phone

Edited on by Faruko

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

Gamecubed

Anyone here ever played any games in the Red Faction series before? What are your opinions on it? Is it any good?

Gamecubed

Faruko

Gamecubed wrote:

Anyone here ever played any games in the Red Faction series before? What are your opinions on it? Is it any good?

All of them

RF1 by far the best, but Nostalgia might be taken its toll

RF2 very bad and... HORRIBLE PC PORT, worst one

RF: Guerrilla its really good, while its "red faction" at its core, the idea of open world made it feels more like a spin off, really liked it, cant go wrong with this one

RF: Armageddon its like a combination of both games, third party with more linear (focussed) gameplay of the first 2 games, i liked it morethan armageddon, but mostly because i dont like Open Worlds games that much (some few exceptions, guerilla being one of them)

One side note thou, the idea of "destructible" enviroment wasnt fully capable at the times of RF1/2, that was MUCH MORE impressive in Guerilla and Armageddon
IMO: RF > RF:A > RF:G >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> RF2

Edited on by Faruko

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

Gamecubed

Faruko wrote:

Gamecubed wrote:

All of them

RF1 by far the best, but Nostalgia might be taken its toll

RF2 very bad and... HORRIBLE PC PORT, worst one

RF: Guerrilla its really good, while its "red faction" at its core, the idea of open world made it feels more like a spin off, really liked it, cant go wrong with this one

RF: Armageddon its like a combination of both games, third party with more linear (focussed) gameplay of the first 2 games, i liked it morethan armageddon, but mostly because i dont like Open Worlds games that much (some few exceptions, guerilla being one of them)

One side note thou, the idea of "destructible" enviroment wasnt fully capable at the times of RF1/2, that was MUCH MORE impressive in Guerilla and Armageddon
IMO: RF > RF:A > RF:G >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> RF2

Thanks for the response. I appreciate it. I've been interested in checking the series out for a while now and I've been considering playing some of the games recently. I saw that you can buy the Red Faction collection on PS3, so I've been thinking about picking it up. I think I will.

Gamecubed

CanisWolfred

VC on PC hasn't come out yet, so not sure how good a port it is, but if you're a big fan of SRPGs and want something different in the genre, I'd highly recommend it. If you've played XCOM:EU but want something with more weight story-wise, I'd definitely recommend it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Nintenman

I am amount to embark on the professor layton 3ds series for the first time. I want to know if there is a specific order I should play the games in or can I play each game independently of the rest?

Nintenman

iKhan

So Gamestop has a pretty good deal going on Used PS3's this Black Friday. $169.99 for the 120GB model. But I'm conflicted about which of the two games deals I should go for, if at all.

http://nintendoeverything.com/gamestops-black-friday-2014-dea...

$30 for 3 $15 pre-owned games and a product replacement plan
$70 for 3 $25 pre-owned games and a product replacement plan and a pro rewards membership.

Here are the top 10 games I'm interested in, ranked by level of interest, and their pre-owned prices at Gamestop:
1. Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch- $18.99
2. Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix- $18.99
3. Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection- 18.99
4. MLB 13: The Show- $14.99
5. Infamous 1- $4.99
6. Tales of Graces F- $34.99
7. Uncharted 1- $4.99
8. Tales of Xillia- $27.99
9. Ratchet and Clank Collection- $27.99
10. Puppeteer- $17.99

I'm deliberately excluding multiplats, as I can just use my dad's 360 for those.

Would you recommend I go for any of these game deals? Or should I not even go for Gamestop's deal? I have had pretty good luck with Gamespot in the past, aside from a copy of Madworld with messed up my Wii. But one bad product in 10 years is a pretty good track record.

EDIT: Well, nevermind. I just found "like new" $150 PS3s on Amazon. Gamestop is a rip off on used consoles it seems.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

DiscoDriver43

So what Need for Speed game should i get on my PS3? Anyone here have any opinions on them?

Edited on by DiscoDriver43

http://www.backloggery.com/discodriver43

Recently watched films: The Martian

Currently playing: Max Payne

Retro_on_theGo

So I'm going to get Monumet Valley. I think this will actually be my first time purchasing a game on my phone so I got some questions. If I buy this on iPad would there be anyway to transfer it or the save data to my android phone later on? I'm assuming no.
Also, if I upgrade to a new phone later on is there a way to transfer games I've bought over to it or would I have to rebuy them?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic