General Discussion Forum

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Showing 1,741 to 1,760 of 1,777

AuthorMessage

unrandomsam

1,741. Posted:

DiscoDriver43 wrote:

Is there anything i might need to know about the Crazy Taxi port? I asked my friend about Sonic Adventure. He failed to tell me about the fact that the game wasn't completely full screen.

It doesn't have the proper soundtrack or the in game real locations. (Like Pizza Hut etc).

The Android version has the real soundtrack and supports a controller.

If you have a Wii with GC backwards compatibility just get the Gamecube version.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,742. Posted:

Ok so I want to give the Smash Bros series another go before I get it on 3DS. The only one I ever played was Super Smash Bros on N64 and I will admit that I only really delved into the Single player mode, at the time I didn't have anyone to player multiplayer with and I hear that is where this series shines, so I quickly dismissed the series and never played any of them before.

Anyway my son a couple of coworker and I are looking for some multiplayer games that we can play on our weekly guy game night get together and I was think one of the Smash Bros games. Well I have narrowed it down to the two games

Super Smash Bros Melee
Super Smash Bros Brawl

Now I plan on playing one of these on a backwards compatible Wii so I will be using Gamecube controllers (I have 4 wavebirds) and I have heard that the best out of the series is Melee but I have heard Brawl is good too can anyone elaborate as to why Melee is considered better then Brawl or is that just fanboy talk?

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

1,743. Posted:

@Tasuki
Melee is a better game. The mechanics are better (less luck), the balance throughout the whole game is just much better (Brawl's top tier has only one character), etc. Brawl has more content, but in terms of gameplay, I'd say Melee hands down.

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage

KingOfTheDogs

1,744. Posted:

I got tomodachi life and I now have $35 on the 3ds eshop. I've narrowed it down to Zero Escape Virtues Last Reward and Lego City Undercover Chase Begins. After that I'll still have some more so I'm free to suggestions.

Formerly LabradoodleKing and PugKing, now just KingOfTheDogs.

3DS Friend Code: 3539-9493-5098

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,745. Posted:

LabradoodleKing wrote:

I got tomodachi life and I now have $35 on the 3ds eshop. I've narrowed it down to Zero Escape Virtues Last Reward and Lego City Undercover Chase Begins. After that I'll still have some more so I'm free to suggestions.

Virtue's Last Reward is the way to go if you're looking for excellent storytelling.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Tobias95

1,746. Posted:

Is the Disney movie club exclusive The Hardy Boys: The Mystery of the Applegate Treasure dvd released?

I am from Norway. Pleas have in mind my english might not be the best. but I am trying ;)

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355 | Nintendo Network ID: hylfrid

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,747. Posted:

It was released on DVD in 2006, but like all the Walt Disney treasures, it's very rare now...

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Tobias95

1,748. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

It was released on DVD in 2006, but like all the Walt Disney treasures, it's very rare now...

I know about that release, but the one I'm talking about was supposed to be released this year :-)
Its supposed to look like this
Untitled
But I don't know if its releaaed yet. For all I know, the ones on Amazon er conterfeits, but I only want legit dvds.
I sure hopes its released, and Ialso hopes they will rerelease more that was released in the treasures series.

I am from Norway. Pleas have in mind my english might not be the best. but I am trying ;)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,749. Posted:

It's a secret apparently, since I can't find a date for it anywhere without actually having a membership...

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Tobias95

1,750. Posted:

Sadly, I can't make a membership there since I don't live in America. Its kind of annoying how hard it is to find the simpel info I want. I might as well just buy it from Amazon and pray for not getting a counterfeit. I can't afford it if its gets as high prices as the DMC exclusive version of Zorro. I might as well buy the third volume of Sofia the first tomorrow ^^

AuthorMessage

Gamecubed

1,751. Posted:

Thinking about buying a 3DS XL. I already have a regular 3DS... but every time I see that larger screen on the XL, I'm so tempted.
But I've also considered getting a Vita. Of course, the only games I want to play on the Vita are Uncharted and Gravity Rush. I can download the console version of Assassin's Creed Liberation on PSN if I want, so that's one less game I would have wanted.

I can't see myself shelling out the $200 for either system any time soon nonetheless. I really don't think I want to play over $150 lol. This is more so just me looking for opinions right now.

Gamecubed

3DS Friend Code: 4597-0041-9765 | Nintendo Network ID: McFailing

AuthorMessage

justlink

1,752. Posted:

i'd recommend Child of Light, but wait until its given a price drop. It's good, but not long enough for $15 to me. Maybe $10-$12.

Hi
I'm Justlink1 on Miiverse, look me up.
Favorite Game: Spirit Tracks
Favorite Series: Zelda, SSB, Earthbound
Favorite childhood game: Sitting Ducks

AuthorMessage

Maelstrom

1,753. Posted:

OK, from this list of JRPGs, Which should I get next?
Radiant Historia
Xenoblade Chronicles
Fire Emblem (GBA) (or hope it comes out on VC)
Something from the Ys series (all steam games are 75% off until the store updates tomorrow)
Golden Sun (VC)
Earthbound
or another non M-rated JRPG along those lines that happens to be incredible. (got a 3DS, GBA, Wii U, PC)

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Most Recently Arranged: Running / Countdown (Smash 3DS), Snowy Mt. Valek (Night),Reviewing the Scene of the Crime (Umineko),
In progress: Not sure yet

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,754. Posted:

Maelstrom wrote:

OK, from this list of JRPGs, Which should I get next?
Radiant Historia
Xenoblade Chronicles
Fire Emblem (GBA) (or hope it comes out on VC)
Something from the Ys series (all steam games are 75% off until the store updates tomorrow)
Golden Sun (VC)
Earthbound
or another non M-rated JRPG along those lines that happens to be incredible. (got a 3DS, GBA, Wii U, PC)

If you can find Xenoblade or Radiant Historia for a good price, I highly recommend them. Otherwise I'd say Earthbound.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Maelstrom

1,755. Posted:

@CanisWolfred What would be a good price?

edit: anyone else have suggestions?

Edited on by Maelstrom

Most Recently Arranged: Running / Countdown (Smash 3DS), Snowy Mt. Valek (Night),Reviewing the Scene of the Crime (Umineko),

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,756. Posted:

Maelstrom wrote:

@CanisWolfred What would be a good price?

edit: anyone else have suggestions?

It depends on how much you want to spend, but for quite a while the price of Radiant Historia was around $40-$60 for a used copy. I think it went down after a reprint, but it might still be hard to find one in general.

Xenoblade has been steadily decreasing in price since Gamestop began producing more copies, so now it's around $50 ($44.99 if you have Pro card). It's marked as a used copy, and probably won't come in an original box, but the disc itself will probably be new. I'd recommend it at that price, especially if you have a pro card.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

1,757. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

It depends on how much you want to spend, but for quite a while the price of Radiant Historia was around $40-$60 for a used copy. I think it went down after a reprint, but it might still be hard to find one in general..

It's $29 new on Amazon. I do remember when the price for that game was skyrocketing, though. Glad they reprinted it.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

Ufaowl

1,758. Posted:

Hi everyone!
I'm about to extend my 3DS collection and i'd be glad to hear your opinion on Mario platformer games in terms of pricegoodnes ratio, also playhours and replayability. 3DS is my first Nintendo console and I played little Mario games on emulators.

Ufaowl

3DS Friend Code: 2895-8740-3220

AuthorMessage

Maelstrom

1,759. Posted:

Ufaowl wrote:

Hi everyone!
I'm about to extend my 3DS collection and i'd be glad to hear your opinion on Mario platformer games in terms of pricegoodnes ratio, also playhours and replayability. 3DS is my first Nintendo console and I played little Mario games on emulators.

Mario platformers on the 3DS are meh.
Try looking up Kid Icarus: Uprising, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, and Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds.
All are excellent games. And the new smash bros. Can't go wrong with that...

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,760. Posted:

Yeah, Smash is fun, and it'll introduce you to lots of Nintendo franchises to try out. Oh, and check out some stuff on the VC instead of going with the retail games for the 3DS. They got Super Mario Land 2 as well as Super Mario Bros. 1 and 3 on there. Can't go wrong with those.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~