Forums

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,781 to 1,800 of 1,991

CanisWolfred

yokokazuo wrote:

I'm taking a trip to Japan soon so I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for Japanese 3DS and Wii U games. I already own Fatal Frame V and E.X. Troopers btw.

I'm assuming you have at least a rudimentary understanding of Japanese, yes? If so, then obviously Dragon Quest VII is a must. And Rocket Slime 3D. You probably don't even need much Japanese for that game...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Retro_on_theGo

OK, really torn here so I can use all the help I can get.

Should I get DKC Tropical Freeze or Kirby Triple Deluxe 40% off? The sale ends today and I'm having a tough time deciding. They're both very different platofrmers, but I actually enjoy the relaxing easy type of platformer Kirby is about as much as a tough as nails platformer.

ianolivia

CanisWolfred wrote:

Which RPG should I play? Just name anything, and I'll play it(and if I don't have it, I'll find a way). I know I'll regret this, but really, I'm just that bored.

Mario and Luigi: Dream Team and Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire

NoA blows.

Nintendo Network ID: ianolivia

CanisWolfred

ianolivia wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Which RPG should I play? Just name anything, and I'll play it(and if I don't have it, I'll find a way). I know I'll regret this, but really, I'm just that bored.

Mario and Luigi: Dream Team and Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire

Timestamp wrote:

Posted: Sun 25th Oct 2009 20:35

Think I might've sorted that one out by now, but thanks anyways.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

@Nez - I'm going to pre-empt this question that I'm sure you'll probably ask here. Or not, I don't care, I already wrote it, but the mods locked the thread before I could post it...

Hey guys so I have a nintendo 3DS XL .. & I own a copy of Pokemon Y only have about 3 badges at the moment. This is that typical story about a gamer who wants to remember the old days hehe.

Anyways I am now seeing the new 3ds XL .. And monster hunter ect.. Zelda. I am considering buying the new ds along with pokemon saphire or ruby my question is

Should I just continue gaming on my 3DS XL and buy a wii u or psvita ? Is there a monster hunter on the wii u? This is so difficult to decide. I could just buy the new monster hunter for my current ds but I love having the new stuff lol.

If you've played a Monster Hunter on the 3DS already and have mastered the controls? Just keep your current XL. It'll be perfectly playable on the current version. If you don't have any problems with with it, you'll probably just be wasting money since the new features are entirely optional and the only exclusive game is not out yet (and it's a port).

If you want a slightly easier time in Monster Hunter and handful of other games (such as Majora's Mask) and better 3D effect, and you don't have any digital games you don't want to lose, feel free to sell your current XL and put it towards the New version.

As for the Vita and Wii U? Vita I can't see being a huge value if you're into "new things" because the big publishers have entirely given up on it, even Sony. It's got a lot of great small developer and Niche Japanese games, as well as a handful of blockbusters that I'd recommend if you're into them, but even then, I think it might be better to wait a little and jump on that one when you find a good deal rather than grabbing it at full price.

The Wii U is good if you like Nintendo games and indie games, and don't mind a console where that's about 90% of the games on the system and likely to be for the foreseeable future (as in, the next 3 months, because Nintendo's weird about release dates...).

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

lkm

Should I get Mh4U or MM3DS for my New New 3DS.

lkm

LaserdiscGal

MH4U has a far longer play time (I'm over 100 hours in and not even close to being done)

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

ng7

Just want to say thank you for the suggestions of the larger stylus (https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/3ds/larger_stylus) I've been using the one that Jenraux linked to and its really changed the usage of the 3DS for me - for the better and for those who may be interested the tip is fine and hasn't scratched my touchscreen in any way

ng7

yellowyoshi89

im going to get a wii u this month and I want to play animal crossing first I thought gamecube
then I thought wii animal crossing city folk I dont know what to get or if I should even bother
-yellow yoshi89

hi this is my fourm signiture cool huh

LaserdiscGal

@95ash95 No self advertising in the future please.

Edited on by LaserdiscGal

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

95ash95

@Amiibo - No. - i have a copy of the game already. - came up in a search whist I was browsing ebay for wii games.

95ash95

CanisWolfred

@Amiibo - You're confusing the poor kid...Link-dropping doesn't really count as a recommendation, yet you sent him here...and now you deleted his post. Granted, do we have a place where people could post an eBay link? I don't think we do...

yellowyoshi89 wrote:

im going to get a wii u this month and I want to play animal crossing first I thought gamecube
then I thought wii animal crossing city folk I dont know what to get or if I should even bother
-yellow yoshi89

I find it hard to recommend anyone have more than one Animal Crossing, and I generally recommend having the newsest in that series, so...City Folk. Outside of the NES games you can get on VC, there's no reason to play the Gamecube version anymore...wait, you can't play the Gamecube one on Wii U anyways, if that's what you're asking?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

yokokazuo

CanisWolfred wrote:

yokokazuo wrote:

I'm taking a trip to Japan soon so I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for Japanese 3DS and Wii U games. I already own Fatal Frame V and E.X. Troopers btw.

I'm assuming you have at least a rudimentary understanding of Japanese, yes? If so, then obviously Dragon Quest VII is a must. And Rocket Slime 3D. You probably don't even need much Japanese for that game...

I just got back and while I didn't see either of those in the stores I went to, I ended up getting Ace Attorney Investigations 2 (a little difficult with all of the kanji and little to no furigana though...) and Warriors Orochi 2 Hyper since it was used and only about ¥1000.

I also got a New 3DS with Yian Kut-ku cover plates (couldn't find any Zelda ones ...)

Edited on by yokokazuo

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

CanisWolfred

@birabirabuto Most RPGs since the SNES didn't really require grinding so long as you knew what you were doing, and sometimes even then, so this shouldn't be hard. I recommend picking up Final Fantasy VII (PC), Chrono Trigger DS, and Earthbound (Wii U VC). Those are some of the best RPGs available, bar none, and are usually perfect for beginners.

I wish I could also recommend Breath of Fire II and Dragon Quest IV, since the former was my first RPG and the latter's a good beginner's game, but they're a little too old school (you'll have to grind quite a bit, at least for gold). Plus DQIV on the DS is very epensive nowadays.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

I'm thinking I need to kickstart my gaming mojo with some pick-up-and-play, arcade-style games, but it's surprisingly hard to find decent games in the genre that aren't rediculously hard....I just need a game that actually makes me feel like I'm progressing, but I don't want to have to feel like it's a big time investment...I have surprisingly few games of that type, at least as far as I can find (I really NEED to update my Backloggery, I can't keep track of what I have just in my head anymore, especially with all these digital games...).

Anybody have any suggestions?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

yellowyoshi89

hello there i was wondering is harvest moon freinds of mineral town good if not what is the best harvest moon game?

hi this is my fourm signiture cool huh

CanisWolfred

yellowyoshi89 wrote:

hello there i was wondering is harvest moon freinds of mineral town good if not what is the best harvest moon game?

It's usually hailed as the best or second best harvest moon, depending on who you talk to. Harvest Moon 64 is the only other one given nearly as much credit, but good luck getting your hands on that...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RevolverLink

yellowyoshi89 wrote:

I've played a half dozen or so games in the series, and Friends of Mineral Town was my favorite of the bunch. Actually, it was the only one I've stuck through to the endgame.

Though I should say that the answer to the question, "What's your favorite/the best Harvest Moon game?", can be a somewhat tricky thing among people that aren't dedicated fans of the series, since their responses almost always seem to be whichever HM game they happened to play first, and I'm no different in that regard.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic