Showing 1 to 20 of 28
1. Posted: Sat 21st Dec 2013 09:54 GMT
Hi. I'm Gavinchi
What are the Top 10 Nintendo Franchises???
For years I have played Nintendo games and there are so many good franchises I always look forward to and am still wanting more now.
Everyone I ask though has a different favourite and you never really get the same answer! Which I kind of like because it shows that there are a variety of gamers!
So I have put a lot of thought into my choices and created a video defining my Top 10 Nintendo Franchises..... A lot of effort, reasons as to why and time went into creating the video so hopefully it won't disappoint. I hope you enjoy
Here is the link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPGUXF-1DdI
What is everyone else's favourite franchises?
It would be great to find out and why.
Edited on Sat 21st December, 2013 @ 09:55 by Gavinchi
Nintendo Network ID: Gavinchi | Twitter: Gavinchi88
2. Posted: Sat 21st Dec 2013 10:15 GMT
Hi Gavinchi. I'm CaviarMeths.
1. Fire Emblem
4. Smash Bros.
7. Mario Kart
8. Star Fox
Courage is the magic that turns durrr into reherrdurr.
3. Posted: Sat 21st Dec 2013 10:16 GMT
1.-10. Battalion Wars
4. Posted: Sat 21st Dec 2013 10:18 GMT
See order wise mine was based similar to yourself although I noticed you have a few different ones. I was torn with Fire Emblem, I really enjoy it but It never made it into my top 10.
What are the reasons for your choices?
Edited on Sat 21st December, 2013 @ 10:19 by Gavinchi
5. Posted: Sat 21st Dec 2013 10:33 GMT
1. Super Mario
2. The Legend of Zelda
4. Wave Race
5. Mario Kart
6. Smash Bros.
7. Donkey Kong Country
10. Star Fox
6. Posted: Sat 21st Dec 2013 10:56 GMT
@Gavinchi: The only two series on my top 10 that I'm actually sure about are Fire Emblem and Zelda. The other 8 could move up or down or not even appear at all depending on my mood.
Fire Emblem, to me, is SRPG perfected. The mechanics, the variance of difficulty, and the unique charms that you don't find in any other SRPG series. That, and its cast of characters have consistently fantastic, which is saying a lot for a series that has upwards of 30 unique characters in every game. Disgaea is a close second for SRPG series for its great humour and huge class system, but Fire Emblem wins for me.
Zelda is like playing a storybook. It's not a complex or deep story, but the sense of adventure, puzzles, and the likeable characters really get you invested into the game. It's also a master class in how to do combat for action/adventure games. Pretty much every action game since Ocarina of Time has borrowed from it.
As for Xeno, it's just one game so far, but I'm sort of counting the greater Xeno franchise under Nintendo, Namco, and Squaresoft. Xenoblade is possibly the best JRPG ever made, taking every good idea anyone has ever had for an RPG and combining them into one game. Xenosaga had some problems, but it still stands as one of the most ambitious sci-fi game series made. And of course Xenogears was the Squaresoft game that got no love from the company because it was "too heavy" to be Final Fantasy VII.
Edited on Sat 21st December, 2013 @ 10:58 by CaviarMeths
7. Posted: Sat 21st Dec 2013 11:16 GMT
Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!
8. Posted: Sat 21st Dec 2013 11:23 GMT
2. Paper Mario
5. Super Mario
9. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
10. Mario Party
Discover the mysteries of Japanese Pokemon Names - they're weirder than you think!
The doll likes Kawaii Culture and Japanese. Oh yes, and Nintendo games.
9. Posted: Sat 21st Dec 2013 12:02 GMT
Listed what games in the series I have played too.
1. Zelda (Skyward Sword, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Minish Cap, Twilight Princess, The Adventure of Link, the Original, Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass)
2. Fire Emblem (Awakening, Radiant Dawn, Sacred Stones, Rekka Non Kenn)
3. Smash Brothers (Brawl, N64)
4. Mario (NSMBW, NSMB2, MKW, SM3DL, LM2DM, M&LDT, MK7 ect, I've played more)
5. Kid Icarus (Uprising, the Original)
6. Metroid (Prime Hunters, Fusion, the Original)
7. Star Fox (Star Fox 64)
8. Pokemon (Pokemon White)
9. Kirby (Kirby and the Magic Mirror)
10. F-Zero (Maximum Velocity)
Edited on Sat 21st December, 2013 @ 12:03 by FishieFish
"No one said you could touch."
10. Posted: Sat 21st Dec 2013 12:56 GMT
The rest is in no spesific order. Just depending on my mood.
Super Mario (the main series)
The legend of Zelda
Balloon (the balloongames line balloontrip and balloonfight)
I am from Norway. Pleas have in mind my english might not be the best. but I am trying ;)
3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355 | Nintendo Network ID: hylfrid
11. Posted: Sat 21st Dec 2013 13:17 GMT
@CaviarMeths I like your reasons and I would have to agree. Although I look back at my list and I would have to say that it still stands. I wouldn't be able to justify moving the other entry's in my top 10. I struggled enough for the first position and ultimately couldn't decide on a definitive Number 1 spot lol
12. Posted: Sat 21st Dec 2013 13:22 GMT
1. The Legend of Zelda (Would've been FE, but with Awakening I kind of feel that it's lost something irreplaceable, and Zelda has very few bad games)
2. Fire Emblem
3. PunchOut!! (PunchOut!! Wii is one of my favorite games, and I like it much more than FE, but I can't say the same for the other entries)
4. Super Mario Brothers (another one that I'd like more if games like SMS and SMG2 didn't exist)
5. Pokémon (B/W 1 and 2 weren't my cup of tea, but I adore the rest of the series especially X and Y)
6. Super Smash Bros(I've invested thousands of hours in Melee and Brawl, but the first game is really only fun with friends)
7. Metroid (I need to be in the right mood to play Metroid, and the fact that the baby... I mean Other M exists makes this lower down for me)
8. F-Zero (It hasn't had a new entry since the GC era, and it really could use one)
9. Kirby (it's very experimental, and I love that about it, but some of the games went a bit too far from the norm)
10. StarFox (64 is the only reason I'd ever put this on any list, Command and Assault were quite bleh, and Adventures... Nuff said)
[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u
"He say oogly? What means that, oogly?"
"Grr... He means your face would frighten small children! Now be quiet!"
3DS Friend Code: 2921-9222-4787 | Nintendo Network ID: Happy_Masked_Man
13. Posted: Sat 21st Dec 2013 16:04 GMT
3. Star Fox
5. Drill Dozer
I think that's it...I'm not counting the Xeno series since most of it belongs to Namdai.
Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"
14. Posted: Sat 21st Dec 2013 17:50 GMT
@Wonder_Mask Interesting thoughts.
For me SMS is one of the highlights of the series. What don't you like about SMG2? It was a disappointment for me too. In my case it was because they dropped the wonderful Rosalina storyline from Galaxy one and turned her into a hint-ghost. I thought adding some real story to the Mario main series was a wonderful step forward - especially with such a lovely story. I was so sad that Miyamoto-san made them take it out of the second game.
I am afraid Assault and Adventures are the only Star Fox games I've played. I agree Assault was bleh - I can hardly recall it. But I LOVED Adventures.
Isn't it funny how different people like different things!
＠CanisWolfred Drill Dozer! I think there was only one, but isn't that a great game!
15. Posted: Sat 21st Dec 2013 18:04 GMT
1. Smash Bros.
4. Donkey Kong
5. Fire Emblem
6. F-Zero (there are very few racing games I've enjoyed and this is one of them)
7. Mario (this counts for Kart, Paper, etc)
8. Sin & Punishment
9. Star Fox (never heard of Assault)
10. Pokémon (love the game, but takes to long to build a competitive team to have fun)
SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865
Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.
You can become anything and go anywhere.
3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763
16. Posted: Sat 21st Dec 2013 18:19 GMT
I love anyone that mentions StarTropics. Need Wii U or 3DS reboot NOW. Well, or at least a 3D Classics. I'd be down with that too.
US Editor, Pure Xbox
US Reviewer, Nintendo Life
17. Posted: Sat 21st Dec 2013 18:27 GMT
Oh gosh, I love so many Nintendo franchises! It's gonna be hard to put them in order! D:
Well here goes:
4. Legend of Zelda
5. Kid Icarus
6. Animal Crossing
7. Art Style
...well actually... that's basically the only Nintendo franchises I play! If I could split up Mario into all his different sub-franchises I could have a full top ten...
Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Gioku on Youtube | Nintendo Friends
Yes, I am a brony. And proud of it. Get over it. :3
I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Kirby: Triple Deluxe, Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku
18. Posted: Sat 21st Dec 2013 18:36 GMT
1: Smash Bros.
5: Kid Icarus
6: Donkey Kong
8: Fire Emblem
10: Animal Crossing
Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!
Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.
3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64
19. Posted: Sat 21st Dec 2013 18:38 GMT
1. Legend of Zelda
5. Fire Emblem
6. Animal Crossing
7. Kid Icarus
9. Super Smash Bros.
Peach Pink 2DS FC: 3110 - 6005 - 7552 // NNID: Emilyssa
AC:NL Dream Address: 5300-2300-1028 ☆
3DS Friend Code: 3454-0320-5871 | Nintendo Network ID: Jampie
20. Posted: Sat 21st Dec 2013 19:06 GMT
@Gavinchi Wow. Just, wow. I watched your video the whole way through and, wow. Easily one of, no, the most epic Top Ten countdown I ever seen. It definitely deserves far more then a mere thousand views. I tip my hat, er, shades to you, masterfully done.
Consider yourself subscribed by yours truly.